Who should give in? Topic

Posted by bistiza on 2/21/2013 11:04:00 AM (view original):
The only immigration reform congress should be passing is legislation saying to kick out all the illegals, not efforts to try to make them citizens.

That includes kids who were brought to America illegally and raised in America illegally. Too bad if they don't know anything else - if their parents or whoever didn't break the law in the first place, maybe they'd have known their own homeland.

The way things are, all congress is doing is encouraging more people to come running to America with their kids in the hopes the kids will someday become citizens as a result. There are already enough people sucking on the system. America doesn't need more of them.

I agree 100%
2/21/2013 12:38 PM
The fact is if we can get secured borders and not have to worry about the future, absorbing the 20 million now here isnt a major issue.

We need a verifiable way to assure that the borders are shut down.

Then if they can learn English and pass the test let the ones who are here stay! Cheaper than sending them back!

2/22/2013 1:58 PM
I disagree. The 20 million here now are a major drain on this country. Too many of the illegals don't work, get government handouts, and have no intention of contributing in any way shape or form that would be a benefit to having them here. All they want is a free ride. They are a CANCER to society. If all the money that was spent to provide for these people was instead spent towards removing them and securing our borders we wouldn't be in this situation.

I have nothing against foreigners coming to this country LEGALLY, following the proper channels to become a citizen, and living by our laws. But ILLEGAL means YOU DON'T BELONG HERE. WHY IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?
2/23/2013 11:20 AM (edited)
I understand it and if there was a way to snap your fingers and make them all go back I would do it.

1 The main priority is closing the border. I think we can all agree on this. We need a verifiable closed border.

2 The illegals are a drain on society, but it is a drain we are used to and is in the bodget. Sending them back is new costs.

3 If we make everyone register, learn english and pass a test we can filter out the problems from the positive individuals. If you are not in the system and you are found you will be sent away. We can skim off the cream, absorb the milk and toss out the whey.

4 I will often give money to panhandlers if they run a decent line. I consider it my way to give to the smart poor, and also a way to reduce crime. Solving this problem with reduce dissent in the Latino coummunity. They will no longer feel like pursued animals and strive to be part of the American way of life.

All in all you are right and we should always try to do the moral thing, but sometimes we need to take a few shortcuts to make life balance out.
2/23/2013 4:06 PM
1. I agree. Without a closed border deportation would be futile.

2. The fact that the drain is IN the budget is not good reason for keeping it. Politicians looking for places to make budget Cuts would be well advised to stop giving the illegals the free ride they are on. Then, like I said, use that same money to deport them and secure the border. A much better use of those funds, IMO. We have too many dollars being spent on programs that aren't necessary. Just because it is already in the budget sounds like a politician's reason for keeping it.

3. This is a joke. Making every illegal register is like asking a criminal to hand over his guns. Won't happen, and even if it did happen like you suggest you want those not in the system to be sent away. I think that is where we are at now. They are not in the system, that makes them illegals.

4. A lot of panhandlers make a lot of money from gullible people like you who give, thinking you are keeping them from committing crimes. In reality you are providing them with an income that they can add to their government welfare checks and not have to report it as income. More free money!

Shortcuts towards the current immigration problems we have are part of the problem. We don't need more shortcuts.
2/23/2013 5:48 PM

3 It isnt the same. If you tell people that they can stay here if they register they will want to register. Criminals and people who dont want to work will not register. We can then label them and just have to get rid of a fraction of the total number. Win win. We can then demand they learn english and the American way of life. Boom. Productive workers.

2/25/2013 3:25 AM
3/4/2013 6:56 AM
He doesnt get free government health care. He gets a Cadillac medical plan from his employer...The US government.

And at least the House passed legislation to avoid the sequester.

Obama was to busy shooting gof with Tiger Woods and Watching Michelle give away awards to his allies in Hollywood!
3/5/2013 7:03 PM
3/8/2013 12:51 PM
3/8/2013 4:13 PM
So lets say 2 people had their dog run away.

Person 1 puts out flyers, checks the internet and spends each night looking around he neighberhood.

Person 2 does nothing.

Both dogs come home.

Just because things are working out does not mean you did anything to get them there.

Obama is failing as always on the economy. The power of American Capitalism can even overcome him.
3/10/2013 3:28 PM
From my perspective, Obama hasn't done or championed anything particularly significant economically in several years now...  And I don't think Mitt would have done a whole lot to this point either.  Looks like nothing really needs to be done at the moment aside from watchful vigilance...
3/10/2013 11:58 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 3/10/2013 11:58:00 PM (view original):
From my perspective, Obama hasn't done or championed anything particularly significant economically in several years now...  And I don't think Mitt would have done a whole lot to this point either.  Looks like nothing really needs to be done at the moment aside from watchful vigilance...
Agree. The recovery is really in the hands of the fed right now.
3/11/2013 5:05 PM
The recovery should be in the hands of free market Capitalism.

in reality it is in the hands of Obama and the Federal Government.

Obama's failed policies have caused a fear based stagnation of the flow of capital.
3/12/2013 11:15 AM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 3/12/2013 11:15:00 AM (view original):
The recovery should be in the hands of free market Capitalism.

in reality it is in the hands of Obama and the Federal Government.

Obama's failed policies have caused a fear based stagnation of the flow of capital.
1. It usually is. Rational behavior in the free market perpetuates the downward demand spiral in some recessions. In that case, government intervention is necessary.
2. See #1.
3. Slow demand has caused a capital to stop moving. Spending from someone is necessary to jump start demand. Because government stimulus isn't politically viable right now, the fed's monetary policy is all we have.
3/12/2013 12:13 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14 Next ▸
Who should give in? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.