Need help designing an anti-fatigue theme league Topic

I think zubinsum is just saying that setting a minimum for those fields prevents owners from utilizing the "platoon" element of the old fatigue strategy; such as drafting '88 Gilmore to fill innings. He's not pitching fatigued, but he provides so many cheap innings that he allows you to draft better innings elsewhere. Or similarly with hitters, drafting Jim Lillie and then two 400 PA OF two platoon in your OF. Technically they'd all be at 100%, but Lillie gives so many cheap PA, that in using such players in this manner, you might as well be using fatigued players.
12/13/2012 9:50 AM
Sorry for asking a stupid question, but what is a "fatigue" strategy?
12/15/2012 10:32 AM
Posted by just4me on 12/13/2012 9:50:00 AM (view original):
I think zubinsum is just saying that setting a minimum for those fields prevents owners from utilizing the "platoon" element of the old fatigue strategy; such as drafting '88 Gilmore to fill innings. He's not pitching fatigued, but he provides so many cheap innings that he allows you to draft better innings elsewhere. Or similarly with hitters, drafting Jim Lillie and then two 400 PA OF two platoon in your OF. Technically they'd all be at 100%, but Lillie gives so many cheap PA, that in using such players in this manner, you might as well be using fatigued players.
Yes, this is exactly correct.
12/15/2012 8:11 PM
If you really want a non-fatigue league (at $80M)

Set position player PA requirements to 6000
IP requirements to 1500
Set a floor of $5,000/ PA and $20,000/IP

That would be a pretty weak league, equivalent to most $60M leagues, I think.
If you want an $80M quality league, set the cap to $100M and the floors to $6250/PA and $25,000/ IP
12/15/2012 8:24 PM (edited)
Posted by dcmatcheck on 12/15/2012 10:32:00 AM (view original):
Sorry for asking a stupid question, but what is a "fatigue" strategy?
Playing tired players intentionally in games you are willing to lose 80% of.    It allows you to buy way fewer (thus higher quality) IP or PA for the games you choose to win (including the playoffs).
12/17/2012 7:59 AM
I still think the only way, though, is to just require no player appear in a game below 100% and if you want to eliminate the platoon element of playing poor quality players in place of fatigued players, have a PA minimum per player (600) and a $/PA & $/IP minimum as well.

The 100% requirement isn't difficult to keep track of with the boxscores and game logs...
12/18/2012 12:12 AM
Posted by just4me on 12/18/2012 12:12:00 AM (view original):
I still think the only way, though, is to just require no player appear in a game below 100% and if you want to eliminate the platoon element of playing poor quality players in place of fatigued players, have a PA minimum per player (600) and a $/PA & $/IP minimum as well.

The 100% requirement isn't difficult to keep track of with the boxscores and game logs...
I'd change the first part to no player (position or pitcher) start a game below 100%.  Although if you set the floors and the minimum IP and PA right, the rest shouldn't matter much.
12/18/2012 10:41 AM
I don't recommend 100% only because Auto-Rest can't be set to that. 99 and 98 would work just as well and would still allow for Auto-Rest to work... some people don't have time to check every single game.
12/18/2012 4:55 PM
Posted by uncleal on 12/18/2012 4:55:00 PM (view original):
I don't recommend 100% only because Auto-Rest can't be set to that. 99 and 98 would work just as well and would still allow for Auto-Rest to work... some people don't have time to check every single game.
I agree, 99% sounds right.
12/18/2012 9:46 PM
98 is the lowest.... I'll use that in the rules. 

Thanks for the advice...

I'm going to pass on the part about $/IP or $/pa.  After thinking about it, I really don't care if someone chooses to use a crappy player in a game, as long as he is not fatigued.  I will do an IPand PA/162 team minimum, and the 98% is the lowest fatigue for a player appearing in a game. 

Watch the theme league forum for an... "I hate this kind of 5H1T" league if you're interested.
12/19/2012 8:31 AM
◂ Prev 12
Need help designing an anti-fatigue theme league Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.