High-Capacity Assault Weapons Topic

Yes, the detachable clip and two others. 
12/18/2012 1:56 PM
It also has a flash suppressor and telescoping stock.

EDIT: along with the pistol grip. 3 off the list.
12/18/2012 1:56 PM

With a second look, I do see the flash suppressor.  I guess the argument on what constitutes as a telescoping stock is moot.

I stand corrected.    AZ will allow the purchase of "out the door" AW.   Assuming, of course, that's a photo of a for sale weapon in AZ. 

12/18/2012 2:09 PM
For tec since he called my suggestion that semi-automatics are needed by hunters to protect the animals being hunted a "WTF? moment:

The AR-15, one of the rifles that became an assault weapon with the passage of the AWB because of its physical characteristics, is a .223 caliber. The .223 is smaller and less lethal than many rifle calibers. In most states, a .223 is not permitted for hunting big game because of the caliber’s ineffectiveness at bringing down animals such as deer and elk.

Hunters do look for a quick kill and most states agree that wounded animals running around in the woods is bad business.

12/18/2012 2:16 PM (edited)
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/18/2012 2:16:00 PM (view original):
For tec since he called my suggestion that semi-automatics are needed by hunters to protect the animals being hunted a "WTF? moment:

The AR-15, one of the rifles that became an assault weapon with the passage of the AWB because of its physical characteristics, is a .223 caliber. The .223 is smaller and less lethal than many rifle calibers. In most states, a .223 is not permitted for hunting big game because of the caliber’s ineffectiveness at bringing down animals such as deer and elk.

Hunters do look for a quick kill and most states agree that wounded animals running around in the woods is bad business.

A larger caliber, higher power, bolt action rifle is much more effective for hunting.
12/18/2012 2:16 PM
Larger caliber, higher power, sure.   Bolt action, no.     A deer running away at 35 MPH is much easier to be shot again if all is required is a 2nd trigger pull.  

I'm not really sure how you can argue this with a straight face.
12/18/2012 2:19 PM
Why would you fire at a deer running 35 mph?
12/18/2012 2:27 PM
Uh, because you hit him the first time and he didn't go down?    Why would you shoot a deer once and just let him run away to die in the woods?
12/18/2012 2:32 PM
Have you ever hunted deer?
12/18/2012 2:33 PM
Have you?   Is every shot a kill shot?    Are you Tom Berenger?
12/18/2012 2:35 PM
12/18/2012 2:36 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/18/2012 2:35:00 PM (view original):
Have you?   Is every shot a kill shot?    Are you Tom Berenger?
I have.

Have you?
12/18/2012 2:39 PM
I have.   So is every shot a kill shot?    Are you Tom Berenger?
12/18/2012 2:42 PM
Realized that the left does not care about making a resonable law to limit some weapons.

This is their chance to ban as many guns as they can.

This isnt about safety with them, it is about power.

They have always wanted to ban all guns and now they think they can use this tragedy to get it.

Time to stand up against the anti-gun wacos and defend the millions of freedom loving Americans who own firearms!
12/18/2012 2:57 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/18/2012 12:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 12/18/2012 12:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/18/2012 12:32:00 PM (view original):
I imagine more people die from drunk driving than gunshot wounds.   Outlaw motor vehicles and alcohol?

I'd suggest those thinking they'll burn in hell for eternity are less likely to commit the sin that puts them there.    Bring prayer back to schools?
First question, no. That's not a reasonable restriction. But the police do set up DUI check points and the punishment for a simple DUI (no accident, injury, death etc) is fairly steep.

Second question, as someone who went to Catholic school for over ten years, I know that forcing kids to pray in school doesn't make them better people. But if you're OK with your kids being led in prayers from the Koran everyday, please call your representative and try to get the change made.
First, you can't just walk in a store and buy an assault weapon.  There are some pretty solid restrictions.   And some pretty steep punishments for illegal having guns.    Sound familiar?

Second, I assume you know everyone who ever prayed in school.  Quite the story you got there.   Try again.
I live in Oregon and just bought a gun yesterday. I was curious to how easy it would be so I went to wal mart. They had a pretty big selection of rifles with no questions asked, but I wanted something else. They told me 2 gun shops so I hit one up 2 blocks from my house that I didn't know existed. Walked in at 5:42 and walked out just shy of 6 PM with a simi auto gun. Just needed ID and finger prints
12/18/2012 3:11 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...54 Next ▸
High-Capacity Assault Weapons Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.