High-Capacity Assault Weapons Topic

So our entire government is powerless to stop guns being given to drug cartels?

Why even make a law?   As I said, people giving guns to criminals will not stop.  
1/17/2013 9:58 AM
Good point. Laws should not be made if someone is going to break them.
1/17/2013 10:08 AM
When the government knows guns are being given to criminals and are powerless to stop it, another law seems pointless.   Criminals, by definition, break laws.

1/17/2013 10:13 AM
But the people selling the guns to criminals are doing it risk free. They aren't criminals yet. If we want to stop that, criminalizing it is the first step. It will deter some and we can arrest the ones that are caught doing it anyway.
1/17/2013 10:17 AM
I think this, from yesterday, covers what I think about gun laws:

"If you want every weapon currently in one's hands registered, fine, I'm good with that.   If you want to impose ridiculously long prison sentences for having an unregistered firearm, cool, I'm good with that also.   If you want government round-ups of specific firearms that are newly illegal, nope, not having it."

I have no problem with any of this.    Selling guns without proper transfer paperwork would be illegal.    Problem solved.   Of course, our powerless ATF and government probably couldn't stop it from happening but it would be illegal. 

1/17/2013 10:23 AM
Ok. So why are you arguing? Right now it isn't illegal to resell guns in AZ. Which is why fast and furious resulted in no arrests. The ATF couldn't do more than monitor the sales.
1/17/2013 11:13 AM (edited)
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/16/2013 3:15:00 PM (view original):
Does anyone remember Fast and Furious? 

Do we really want our gov't collecting guns? 

Would it be better to remove legal guns from circulation or lock up those who own illegal guns?
This.

Line 2 and Line 3.
1/17/2013 11:31 AM
I assumed that you included all three lines for a reason. I see that line one was just partisan BS, my bad for taking you seriously.
1/17/2013 11:33 AM
Fast and Furious was an inept agency monitoring AW being passed on to a criminal element.   

Do we want an inept agency collecting legal guns?

Wouldn't it be better to lock up people who possess illegal guns?

Sorry for assuming you'd understand where I was going with that post.   I used small words.   I guess that wasn't enough. 
1/17/2013 11:36 AM
I don't think I ever argued that the ATF should go around collecting legal guns. Has anyone argued that? I think the argument is that certain guns and gun transactions should be illegal. 
1/17/2013 11:51 AM
Page 31 and 32.  No, it wasn't you but I assume you actually read other posts when responding. 

Am I wrong?   It appears I am.
1/17/2013 1:09 PM
You said "legal guns." If they make them illegal, the government wouldn't be taking away "legal guns." They'd be taking away illegal guns.
1/17/2013 1:23 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/17/2013 11:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/16/2013 3:15:00 PM (view original):
Does anyone remember Fast and Furious? 

Do we really want our gov't collecting guns? 

Would it be better to remove legal guns from circulation or lock up those who own illegal guns?
This.

Line 2 and Line 3.
See? line 3.
1/17/2013 1:24 PM
I guess I could go back to page 30 or 29 or whatever and point out where someone suggested making specific guns illegal and then confiscating them from private owners but, quite honestly, I think you would be better served in simply learning to retain certain parts of a discussion and applying it to the response.  I'l point you in the right direction.

1/17/2013 2:19 PM
I can not believe you people continue to try and have discussions with this arrogant piece of crap.
1/18/2013 12:15 PM
◂ Prev 1...32|33|34|35|36...54 Next ▸
High-Capacity Assault Weapons Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.