BO JACKSON 24 full Topic

don't forget the magical Florida team that has many championships and then you look at their roster and you wonder how - excellent owner - that's how.  We have a whole league full of excellent owners here.
12/31/2012 1:13 AM
So, we need five to roll or is it five to fulfil a role?
Anyway, as the real year draws to a close let me wet your taste buds for this great HBD World with a short, unamusing, appears rude but isn't, sketch...

Entitled: "U Speaka da English?" (which is fairly useful as I live in that country)
A bus stops and two Italian men get on. They sit down and engage in an animated conversation. The lady sitting behind them ignores them at first but her attention is galvanised when she hears one of the men say the following:
"Emma comes first. Den I come. Den two ***** come together. I come once-a-more. Two *****, they come together again. I come again and pee twice. Then I come one lasta time."
"You foul-mouthed sex obsessed swine," retorted the lady indignantly. "In this country...we don't speak aloud in public places about our sex lives..."
"Hey, cools down lady," said the man. "Who talkin' abouta sexa? I'm justa tellin' my friend how to spell 'Mississippi'."

Now to avoid any more comments from me just do the following...
Send a sitemail to axtell
Just ask "to be allowed to join the wonderful company of owners in Bo Jackson World"
and, faster than Big Ben striking midnight, you will be supplied with the all important password.
After that, well its up to you to decide which of the franchises to claim; of course, when there is only one left it isn't difficult to choose.

12/31/2012 6:04 AM
As the last day of 2012 winds through its last hours and minutes
there is good news to bring: Jersey League World (which I am also in) has just filled
so that is one less competitor in our quest
to seek out new civilisation and to boldly go...(No! Wrong idea!!)

Dear potential HBD franchise owners,

It would give the wonderful company of Bo Jackson World members delight to have you join our esteemed roster of owners. Good competition, good trading, good banter to be had throughout the pre-, mid- and post-season. No rules to break and somebody has to win; it can't be an outsider but a person from within our elite thirty-two.

Interested? Of course you are and who wouldn't be when (and don't let on to other Worlds) I tell you that the best IFA to be had next season will be Fiscal Cliff. As a deal, none of the returning owners will bid for him. So, just send a sitemail to our wonderful leader, axtell, and he will send you the coveted password. Within minutes you could be joining the crem-de-la-crem of HBD.

Your consideration is most welcome.

Yours sincerely,

Ok. So I can't wait for the new "beam me up Scotty" film to hit the screen.
12/31/2012 10:24 AM
The New York franchise is in the NL East and is a nice club that finished second last year.  This team could compete right away.
12/31/2012 1:37 PM
Dang, it would be cool to get signed up right before the end of the year, so cool that I think you should try it!
12/31/2012 5:10 PM
Boise Wildcats' quest is to boldly take a star ship and go where they have never gone before...to the World Series!   Well --- maybe we should just concentrate on getting out of space dock first since this franchise has never actually even won a playoff series in the 23 previous seasons the Bo Jackson Space Federation has been around.  I think we finally have enough fine young recruits on board along with the right veteran officers to get beyond space dock this season.

Come join us.  It will be an adventure Gene Rodenberry never dreamed up and one you will not soon forget.

12/31/2012 8:41 PM (edited)
Down to four - we had a taker on the end of year special.  NEW YORK is gone!
1/1/2013 2:18 AM
Just like recruiting players for my rosters, I do research matters and so
the new film to which I previously made reference is officially entitled:
"Star Trek into Darkness"
and is due for cinema release (US) in mid-May 2013

And as we are now down to just FOUR vacancies it is well worth a little question (theme based, of course):
What do Captain Kirk and toilet-paper have in common?

Whilst you mull that over, how about clicking on "axtell" (use posting above this one), send a sitemail asking for the password and before the day is out you could be mingling with the many esteemed owners already in Bo Jackson World. If, by chance, you are a former NFL coach I am really sorry that the 2012 season didn't pan out for you but, hey, whilst you wait for that all important call to come through for your next appointment have a go at HBD; it may be the start of a whole new career.

The answer: They both fight Klingons.
1/1/2013 7:32 AM
Fulfill your New Year's resolution to play more HBD in better worlds by picking up a team in Bo Jackson.

1/1/2013 11:58 AM
Three spots and possibly two shortly.  Don't wait too long.
1/1/2013 4:53 PM
loosecc is one funny guy. We need to keep him around axtell.
1/1/2013 9:10 PM
Don't miss out on this great world. Plenty of good owners and no drama.
1/2/2013 8:17 AM

3 spots - see first page for a link to each team.  Cleveland is a pretty good  squad.

1/2/2013 12:44 PM
"Enterprise calling Captain Kirk. Come in captain."
"Kirk here."
"Captain, sorry to interupt your tour of the Hypo Boxylen Dam artifacts but Admiral Bo Jackson called to remind you about your forthcoming meeting with Commissioner Axtell."
"That's three days from now, Mr Spock."
"Two days, twenty-one hours, thirty-seven minutes and fifty seconds, to be precise."
"Thank you Mr Spock. Your attention to deal never ceases to amaze me."
BEEP BEEP BEEP  RED ALERT   RED ALERT   BEEP BEEP BEEP   RED ALERT RED ALERT
"Problem?"
"One moment captain......Sensors are picking up an unidentified vessel closing in fast."
BEEP BEEP BEEP   RED ALERT RED ALERT  BEEP BEEP BEEP  RED ALERT RED ALERT
"Shields up, Mr Chekov."
"No response on any channel, Mr Spock."
"Keep trying Uhuru."
"Mr Sulu, stand-by with phasers."   "Aye, Mr Spock."
RED ALERT RED ALERT   THE SHIP IS AT RED ALERT   RED ALERT RED ALERT
"Captain, any suggestions?"

to be continued...

Whilst they sort out their issues why don't do you something much more down to earth
and make a decision that will revolutionise your life for the next few months.
Your age doesn't matter and there are no medical tests to be undertaken.
References are not needed and you don't even have to get a signed note from your parents.

Interested?

Then just follow these five simple steps in the application process...
Firstly, check out the very first posting in this thread and make your franchise selection
Secondly, send a sitemail to the World commissioner, axtell (indeed, just click on his name in the posting above this one)
Thirdly, compose a short message, something like "I would like to join the elite owners of Bo Jackson World and wish to take on (whichever) franchise
Fourthly, wait for a reply which will have the all important password
Fifthly, go to the HBD front page, insert password and...you'll never look back
1/2/2013 4:22 PM
Even if you are not a Star Trek fan, don't worry.  You will still enjoy Bo Jackson.  Join up today.
1/2/2013 8:58 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
BO JACKSON 24 full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.