Engine Haters only Please! Topic

Posted by phillyboy108 on 1/3/2013 9:42:00 PM (view original):
I really hope u don't take the wrong way I was just trying to have a argument with a little heated words lol. I have my teams on a different account alright
No thats not "alright"
1/3/2013 9:46 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by jibe on 1/3/2013 9:50:00 PM (view original):
I've always gotten a kick out of guys telling people after they've lost a game and ******* about it that they should game plan. Who to **** says that they haven't game planned?

I've game planned and game planned. I've game planned for guys that admitted they didn't game plan all season or for my game and lost. Even though I had the better talented team besides. Even though I knew what they were going to do to a T and then did it. I've lost to **** sims that I knew what they were going to do. I've lost to **** human teams at an elite that was within a game of an NC shot and the **** team admittedly was running nothing but a default GP and didn't even attempt to GP for my team. Game planning does about as much ******* good as ******* into the wind.

I am fed up with this crap now. I haven't game planned in 5 months now, but when I did it was simply a roll of the dice even when under some of the circumstance should have been a sure thing. This grand update best come soon now. Best be the latest promise be true that beta will be released the first part of this month. My interest is fast waning.
This post warms my 
1/3/2013 10:19 PM
This whole issue seems to revolve around whether this is supposed to be a game where superior skill/ratings should succeed at all times, or a simulation (what is the slogan under "What If Sports"?), meant to reflect reality where upsets do happen, often for reasons that cannot be controlled or are due to intangibles.  I suspect the developers lean more toward simulation, despite the hard feelings of some of the customers.   Not saying this is good or bad--just a philosophical difference. 

On the other hand, maybe your team had Will Muschamp on the sideline for that game??
1/4/2013 12:33 AM
Posted by partyrock on 1/3/2013 10:47:00 PM (view original):
I got something that will warm your heart.  It involves a stuffed poodle, a handful of Crisco and a shampoo bottle.

Wait, come to think of it, that could be considered a positive thing. 

I've always thought that if you are a stupid enough motherf*cker to keep playing something you think is broken then you are just as much of a dumba*s as anyone playing the game thinking it is the greatest thing since they started putting pork rinds in the larger bags.
As I've said, I keep playing with the promise of an update. But how long has that been in the works? over a year now. 
Address that! 

1/4/2013 7:01 AM
Game planning with the current engine is over rated. To be fair it was weak with the old engine as well - but it was certainly more reliable. With the old engine - I knew exactly why I won or lost... now i have no clue. Both engines have their own strengths, weaknesses and warts. I'm excited to see what the 3.0 engine brings us.
1/4/2013 9:51 PM
Maybe you shouldn't have thrown 3 ints or passed so much and if I were to place a bet I'd say you didn't do your halftime adjustments? None the less teams with superior talent lose to inferior teams quite often. In regards to your original post this engine does blow lol
1/4/2013 11:45 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 1/4/2013 11:45:00 PM (view original):
Maybe you shouldn't have thrown 3 ints or passed so much and if I were to place a bet I'd say you didn't do your halftime adjustments? None the less teams with superior talent lose to inferior teams quite often. In regards to your original post this engine does blow lol
You would be wrong. I did do halftime adjustments.
1/5/2013 12:05 PM
I am not an engine hater but I do have to just share my jaw dropping game.  Number one team, not having been down at the half all year.  Down at half and eventually lost to a much inferior SIM team which may ultimately cost me a shot at a NC.  Just my second loss ever to a SIM with the first being when the new engine first came out and the SIMs were unstoppable.  Sad, after 7 NC's that a SIM can boldly do what few teams have done.
1/9/2013 3:49 PM
Posted by tkechub on 1/9/2013 3:49:00 PM (view original):
I am not an engine hater but I do have to just share my jaw dropping game.  Number one team, not having been down at the half all year.  Down at half and eventually lost to a much inferior SIM team which may ultimately cost me a shot at a NC.  Just my second loss ever to a SIM with the first being when the new engine first came out and the SIMs were unstoppable.  Sad, after 7 NC's that a SIM can boldly do what few teams have done.
Anything is possible
1/11/2013 11:12 PM
Posted by starfinder77 on 1/11/2013 11:12:00 PM (view original):
Anything is possible
Even a update!
1/12/2013 6:55 AM
Posted by fastec27 on 1/12/2013 6:55:00 AM (view original):
Anything is possible
Even a update!
I havent waited as long as you, but I was under the impression that the update, er the beta world would start by next week.  Can anybody clarify?
1/12/2013 10:00 AM
Posted by starfinder77 on 1/12/2013 10:00:00 AM (view original):
Posted by fastec27 on 1/12/2013 6:55:00 AM (view original):
Anything is possible
Even a update!
I havent waited as long as you, but I was under the impression that the update, er the beta world would start by next week.  Can anybody clarify?
I was under the impression origanaly that the update would be June of last year, this impression made by none other than norbert. Then for August. Then for September. Then for the 1st of the year. Now lastly it wasn't the actual update but for the beta to be put out in early January. This all by the great and wonderful norbert, In looking at my calender it is now the 12th of January. The 1st part of January which he spoke of is now gone and not a word from him. hmmmmm, sounds like we've been sold another few hundred feet of beach front property in the Sahara.

Oh I'm sure many will say, "cut him some slack. He's only human". So nothing seems to stick to Teflon man himself.

Gee norbert Thanks!!! For another broken word.

1/12/2013 11:19 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Engine Haters only Please! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.