Yarnell Invitational 63 Topic

This will be the 22nd season of The Yarnell Invitational (named after Yarnell Ice Cream in Searcy, AR). As always, it'll be a 6 team round-robin tournament that'll occur in weeks 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 of the non-conference schedule. Harding University will be the tournament host. The defending champ from the previous year is an automatic qualifier. The remainder of the field is invitation only based on alblack's dynasty rankings. Link to latest and greatest is at:

http://bit.ly/W26OYf

IF YOU ARE AT OR CLOSE TO THE TOP OF THE DYNASTY RANKINGS AND INTERESTED IN PLAYING IN THIS TOURNAMENT, KEEP NON-CONF GAME #'s 5 THROUGH 9 OPEN UNTIL NOTICE THIS TOURNAMENT IS FULL.

Formal Invitations will be sent out sometime after job application period is over, but you can reply now if you plan to play in this tournament.

FORMAT: 5 games, Round Robin
Game #5: DC @ Host, #2 @ #1, #4 @ #3
Game #6: Host @ #4, #1 @ DC, #2 @ #3
Game #7: #3 @ Host, #1 @ #4, DC @ #2
Game #8: Host @ #2, #3 @ #1, #4 @ DC
Game #9: #1 @ Host, #2 @ #4, #3 @ DC

Defending Champ: Belmont-Abbey [CVAC]
Host: Harding [GulfSouth]

Formal Invitations extended to the following schools:
Goldey-Beacom [CACC]
St Marys TX [Heartland]
Wisconsin-Parkside [GLV]
Seattle [GNAA]

Next in line:
Longwood [CVAC] would need Belmont-Abbey to decline
U of the Sciences [CACC] would need Goldey-Beacom to decline
Indianapolis [GLV] would need Wisconsin-Parkside to decline
Mercy [ECC] next in line after above

1/2/2013 12:16 PM (edited)
St. Mary's TX accepts the invite. Thanks for having us again.
1/2/2013 12:29 PM
Parkside accepts.  Just let me know who and when to schedule and thanks.
1/2/2013 3:36 PM
I'm in
1/2/2013 3:50 PM
Goldey is in
1/2/2013 10:28 PM
so now its down to Belmont-Abbey. Longwood and Mercy would be next in line should crashdive pass.
1/3/2013 5:23 PM
I'm going to pass if Bel Abbey does not accept due to next season definitely being a major rebuild. 
1/3/2013 8:24 PM
Offer extended to Mercy and Northeastern St. Initial offer to Belmont-Abbey still stands. It's first-come first-served at this point for the final spot.
1/4/2013 9:23 AM
Hacker has extended an offer to CSU, Stanislaus and coach bvb, which would be his first Yarnell appearance since his Gannon days if he accepts.  Still waiting to fill the final tourney spot before we can start scheduling.
1/4/2013 6:17 PM
CSU, Stanislaus has accepted the last spot.  hacker should have the schedule set shortly.
1/4/2013 7:16 PM
I'll play if needed but looking at it I think other teams may be more deserving. I'm well down the dynasty list plus I lose 5 seniors and will be rebuilding next year.
1/4/2013 7:21 PM
FORMAT: 5 games, Round Robin
Game #5: St Mary's TX @ Goldey-Beacom, Seattle @ Wisconsin-Parkside
Game #6: Harding @ Seattle, Goldey-Beacom @ CSU-Stanislaus, St Mary's TX @ Wisconsin-Parkside
Game #7: Wisconsin-Parkside @ Harding, Goldey-Beacom @ Seattle, CSU-Stanislaus @ St Mary's TX
Game #8: Harding @ St Mary's TX, Wisconsin-Parkside@ Goldey-Beacom, Seattle @ CSU-Stanislaus
Game #9: Goldey-Beacom @ Harding, St Mary's TX @ Seattle, Wisconsin-Parkside @ CSU-Stanislaus
Game #10: CSU-Stanislaus @ Harding
1/4/2013 7:30 PM
Bvb HAS COME BACK to the Yarnell Invitational
1/4/2013 7:44 PM
Parkside will have an extremely young team for the tournament (5 Sophs and 5 Fresh), so I'm really just hoping to stay competitive.  With that young of a team, I'll be happy if I can win A game, let alone contend for the championship.  We'll give it our best shot though!
1/4/2013 8:21 PM
bvb you don't even give me a chance to say yes.  Wow after all we have been through.  Oh well thats ok I'll be back again soon.  This will be the first time in 6 or 7 season that I won't be scheduling a tourney.  If any of you would still like to play in non conference hit me up.
1/4/2013 10:31 PM
123 Next ▸
Yarnell Invitational 63 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.