RG III Topic

The new Cutler? 

Bails on his team when they need him the most.
1/6/2013 7:17 PM
Knocked out of 3 games and missed another.
1/6/2013 7:36 PM
1/6/2013 7:41 PM
Shanahan's screwed. I wouldn't be surprised if Goodell fines him or something. Before this game even started, there was an article on the knee injury where Dr. James Andrews said he never cleared RGIII to go back in the game when he initially injured it, and he was still worried RGIII was gonna badly injure it by playing this game. Shananan is gonna have to give some serious answers, especially given how much Washington paid for RGIII.
1/6/2013 11:11 PM

This was meant to be sarcasm but I was amazed that he just laid there with the ball a couple of feet away.    Make an effort if you're not dead.

This dude fractured his ankle and threw the ball to someone else.

RGIII just laid there like cresten on a date.

1/7/2013 4:23 PM
that turnover ended any chance they had to win that game......you have to get to that ball

and I like the guy, I think he showed a lot this year...
1/7/2013 4:38 PM
MY DATES JUST LAY THERE!

ROOFIES ROCK!
1/7/2013 4:44 PM
I was arguing with my buddy about him on Saturday.   He put him in the Newton, Vick, Tebow class and I had to explain to him that those three are dumb.   RGIII isn't.

Of course, those three might have moved two feet in an effort to recover that ball. 
1/7/2013 4:55 PM

And during a press conference, RGIII basically said that when he's at 50% health (or worse), he's still better than the backup...  essentially saying that he's twice as good as Cousins.  If he had been pulled at the end of the first half, Washington probably wins the game.

1/7/2013 5:02 PM

Every athlete feels that way if he has any competitive fire.    Of course, when you lay there on your three looking at a fumbled ball on the 5, I guess I could question your fire.

1/7/2013 5:33 PM
I thought the same thing when I saw the play live.  It's possible that he figured in the time it took him to turn around and crawl back to the ball, someone else would be there first.  But the ball was on the ground for a while.
1/7/2013 5:36 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 1/7/2013 5:02:00 PM (view original):

And during a press conference, RGIII basically said that when he's at 50% health (or worse), he's still better than the backup...  essentially saying that he's twice as good as Cousins.  If he had been pulled at the end of the first half, Washington probably wins the game.

Those situations are no win for a player unless the injury is obviously catastrophic.  As limited as he was, if he comes out at the half, there are people making serious Cutler comparisons today.  As much as we all sit here and say now that he should take himself out, I'm not sure I've ever really seen that happen to anything resembling universal praise.  If a guy can physically get out there, I want him to want to go back in.  Of course, I also want my coach to have the sense to take that decision out of his hands when it's obvious he can't get it done - which is where the breakdown was here.
1/7/2013 5:51 PM
If the team loses, it's no win for the coach. 

"Why was he still out there?"
"Why would you play your back-up when your starter says he can play?"
1/7/2013 6:42 PM
Well, that's obviously true, the only "right" decision is the one that results in a W.  But those are the decisions that the coach is paid to make, along with the medical staff.

My only point is that while I see plenty of people saying after the fact that they think RGIII should have done the "right" thing and said he couldn't go, I don't believe that anyone actually WANTS to see their franchise QB tap out in that situation.   I think a larger percentage of people would give the coach/medical staff the benefit of the doubt in that situation, especially given that it had been obvious for quite a while that he wasn't effective.  I live close enough to DC to interact with a bunch of Redskins fans, and they were all over social media wanting RGIII pulled before he finally got knocked out.
1/7/2013 7:37 PM
I'm not sure they wanted him pulled nearly as much as they wanted a win. 

And we all want our guy to fight to stay in the game. 

At the end of the day, if RG gets pulled early in the 3rd quarter and Cousins was ineffecitve, Shanahan can't show his face in DC again.
1/7/2013 8:12 PM
1234 Next ▸
RG III Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.