Parallel Progressive (PPL) FULL!! Waiting List Topic

yes, Got it after work last Tuesday.. read for 26 hours straight (I read these pretty slow). I am very sad that its over. Though happy I finally got to read it. Only a few tears shed in reading. Planning to reread the series from the beginning again later this year.
1/17/2013 7:55 PM
interesting ending for your namesake (almost namesake)
1/17/2013 7:57 PM
gin - can we consider revising the rule about an owner not being skipped twice? 

Lots of times people bail near the end of drafts and can really hold stuff up on mostly useless picks. Perhaps for the first draft owners can't be skipped twice in a row before row 8.

And in future drafts I would restrict the rule to just the 1st and 2nd round picks.. so if their 2nd round pick comes up and they haven't made their 1st round pick we stop the draft.. but for later rounds.. we just keep going.

If you recall we ran into this several times in the initial PCL draft.

1/17/2013 9:34 PM (edited)
In with Providence
1/17/2013 9:41 PM
Posted by logain on 1/17/2013 9:34:00 PM (view original):

Lots of times people bail near the end of drafts and can really hold stuff up on mostly useless picks. Perhaps for the first draft owners can't be skipped twice in a row before row 8.

And in future drafts I would restrict the rule to just the 1st and 2nd round picks.. so if their 2nd round pick comes up and they haven't made their 1st round pick we stop the draft.. but for later rounds.. we just keep going.

Amen logain last 4 rds. on initial draft & and last 2rd. on season draft.  once rosters are filled we can submit our teams.
Keeps things moving.  I'd also favor a 48 hr. limit on all off the clock picks.  The owner roster for this league is pretty
impressive.  The owners who take 3 days to make a second round pick usually drop out and I don't see that with this group.
I think if anybody had to leave the league for whatever reason would send gin a sm and let him know.
1/17/2013 9:46 PM

Good points.

I don't like it when one owner is holding up a draft either. It is a rule that needs to be revisited.

And I will definitely change it for offseason drafts.

1/17/2013 10:31 PM
Posted by seapilots on 1/17/2013 9:46:00 PM (view original):

Amen logain last 4 rds. on initial draft & and last 2rd. on season draft.  once rosters are filled we can submit our teams.
Keeps things moving.  I'd also favor a 48 hr. limit on all off the clock picks.  The owner roster for this league is pretty
impressive.  The owners who take 3 days to make a second round pick usually drop out and I don't see that with this group.
I think if anybody had to leave the league for whatever reason would send gin a sm and let him know.
After the draft has finished, I would say the expectation is for everyone to have their rosters posted and teams in the league in a few days.

I'll revise draft clock rules though.
1/17/2013 10:38 PM
Posted by onslaught on 1/17/2013 10:30:00 PM (view original):
I'll take New Orleans
Welcome onslaught.

I'm still waiting on a response from WIS before we can move forward though. Things will start moving then...
1/17/2013 10:41 PM
Ha, I reposted looked like you were doing some rule editing. Didnt want to get missed.
1/17/2013 10:42 PM
Wow can't believe this filled so fast!
SIM already has the 2 conf. with 1 each 6 team East & West in each conf. for baseball.
You'd think they could do the same here.  May be hoping for too much.
Gonna be a great league either way.
1/18/2013 12:13 AM
I think using the whole of the NBA in a draft format should be great fun. It allows for seldom use players to shine.  Can't wait to get it going!!
1/18/2013 3:37 AM
Posted by seapilots on 1/18/2013 12:13:00 AM (view original):
Wow can't believe this filled so fast!
SIM already has the 2 conf. with 1 each 6 team East & West in each conf. for baseball.
You'd think they could do the same here.  May be hoping for too much.
Gonna be a great league either way.
Once I hear from WIS, things will get moving. Gcs and alignment will be announced. In a perfect world we will start drafting this weekend.

1/18/2013 7:23 AM
It's been 2 business days since I sent a request to WIS, so I updated it asking for a response today if possible. With MLK on Monday, I got a 3 day weekend myself so starting the draft would be great.
1/18/2013 11:44 AM
I mean.. what do we really need from them?

The division names really don't matter as far as drafting goes (and I really doubt they'll change them for us anyway)

The matching of money would be nice but we might just have to cut the prize pool in half - doesn't really alter the first draft.

The private forum request is also not a huge deal.. we could draft in the owner's forum and have them move the threads over after we start.

Now if you want to wait on the draft until people actually contribute GC's.. that could slow us down significantly.

1/18/2013 12:06 PM
Posted by logain on 1/18/2013 12:06:00 PM (view original):
I mean.. what do we really need from them?

The division names really don't matter as far as drafting goes (and I really doubt they'll change them for us anyway)

The matching of money would be nice but we might just have to cut the prize pool in half - doesn't really alter the first draft.

The private forum request is also not a huge deal.. we could draft in the owner's forum and have them move the threads over after we start.

Now if you want to wait on the draft until people actually contribute GC's.. that could slow us down significantly.

The division names is a non-issue. I would like them to do it, but if they can do the other two I won't trip about that.

I do want the private forums to do the drafts though.

I'll give them some more time and make decisions tonight, sending out sitemails to all owners.
1/18/2013 12:45 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8 Next ▸
Parallel Progressive (PPL) FULL!! Waiting List Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.