Update Status - 1/14/13 Topic

Posted by samson75 on 1/31/2013 5:30:00 PM (view original):
Perhaps I misunderstood your intentions Coach Deen.  If so, please accept my apologies.  It seemed like you were ridiculing those looking for more options.  Obviously you were not serious about those suggested changes in your post, so I am not sure what the intention was, but regardless, if it was not directed at those making suggestions, please disregard my criticism.  Sometimes the intent is lost in writing, and this may be one of those cases.  Once again, no harm no foul and I am sorry for the misunderstanding.        

I'm with CoachDeen on this one, samson, nothing he said in his post was sarcastic or ridiculing.  I feel you should probably read it again.

1/31/2013 8:01 PM
No apologies needed at all samson, but please understand that I AM very serious about the changes I spoke about in my post. Believe it or not, out of the three parts of the game, offense is the least important to me. I'm a defensive coach first, but believe you also need strong special teams unit.
Also, thanks for taking the time to thoroughly read my post and explain it bhouska. Much appreciated...

1/31/2013 8:33 PM
I read you post again Coach Deen.  I never considered carrying more than one kicker or punter which blinded me to the possibility that you were serious.  I truly thought you were being sarcastic and that was me being short sighted, which unfortunately led me to misinterpret your intentions.   

More options are a good thing so maybe you are on to something.  Obviously we agree more fine tuning on special teams would be a welcome addition to the game.  Once again, I apologize for the misunderstanding.  I really hope there are no hard feelings!!!  

Now since I made a point of highlighting your suggestion by sticking my foot in my mouth, do you think carrying multiple kickers would outweigh the benefits of potential growth at other positions?   

1/31/2013 9:01 PM
Posted by samson75 on 1/31/2013 9:01:00 PM (view original):
I read you post again Coach Deen.  I never considered carrying more than one kicker or punter which blinded me to the possibility that you were serious.  I truly thought you were being sarcastic and that was me being short sighted, which unfortunately led me to misinterpret your intentions.   

More options are a good thing so maybe you are on to something.  Obviously we agree more fine tuning on special teams would be a welcome addition to the game.  Once again, I apologize for the misunderstanding.  I really hope there are no hard feelings!!!  

Now since I made a point of highlighting your suggestion by sticking my foot in my mouth, do you think carrying multiple kickers would outweigh the benefits of potential growth at other positions?   

First & foremost, of course there are no hard feelings. Sounds like you & me are after the same things, and 2 people as close to perfect as us can't be wrong! (LOL)

As far as carrying 2 kickers outweighing the benefits of potential growth at other positions, I'm really not sure. I don't honestly know if there is a right or wrong answer to that question. If I have a team heavy in upperclassmen I probably won't need as many backups as if I were loaded with Freshmen & Soph's. In that case keeping a 2nd kicker may be a good idea. Also, if you coach a defensive oriented team like I'm trying to put together at Houston a 2nd kicker AND punter may make sense. Deep kickoffs and pinning teams deep with my punter are more important than a team that runs a wide open offense and tries to outscore you every game! What do you think samson...or anyone for that matter?
1/31/2013 11:15 PM
Interesting point. Obviously a defensive oriented team will want to play the game of field position well.  Having more flexibility on special teams would seem to help.  I guess it depends where you are with your program.  I have not had much success so far so I am always looking to improve the quality of my players.  So in my case, adding depth may not be essential, but adding players who will eventually be better than my starters would seem to be at this point.    For players who are already established rather than rebuilding, having more than one kicker/punter that can take advantage of attribute spikes might be a very good option. 
2/1/2013 7:56 AM
Might be that settings for special teams could be added like "block kick", "return kick", 'inside 10", 'on-side" etc. to let us determine possible outcomes to special teams play.
2/1/2013 1:39 PM
OK. Can we get a update on the launch of the Beta? Enough is enough of this inconsistent ****. 

Norbert I don't care if you end up putting it off again but at least let us pretend their is light at the end of the tunnel. PLEASE update us on the beta release. We deserve at least that.
2/1/2013 3:40 PM
Posted by fastec27 on 2/1/2013 3:41:00 PM (view original):
OK. Can we get a update on the launch of the Beta? Enough is enough of this inconsistent ****. 

Norbert I don't care if you end up putting it off again but at least let us pretend their is light at the end of the tunnel. PLEASE update us on the beta release. We deserve at least that.
There a whole thread dedicated to that already.

2/1/2013 3:58 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9
Update Status - 1/14/13 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.