Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Replace Patten with Givens then.  I guess I got hem confused.  
1/16/2013 4:27 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 1/16/2013 4:27:00 PM (view original):
Givens and Maroney were never on the same team either. 
1/16/2013 4:57 PM
Don't let facts get in burnsy's way.

Brady played with guys who couldn't make a JV team while the rest of the QBs mentioned played with future HOFers.

1/16/2013 5:05 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/16/2013 5:05:00 PM (view original):

Brady played with guys who couldn't make a JV team while the rest of the QBs mentioned played with future HOFers.

Yea, I said this.  OK.
1/16/2013 5:15 PM

Fine, take away Maroney.  That probably helps my argument.
1/16/2013 5:16 PM

Well, you actually said that the NFL scouts don't know **** despite studying 4 years of college tape, compound testing and doing everything short of a strip search while you can watch a couple of games on Sunday and know that Colston is a remarkable talent that was passed over by 31 teams at least 6 times.

1/16/2013 5:28 PM
I didnt say that. I said Pierre Thomas is better than Mark Ingram.

Also, you said yourself its easier to tell who's good after the fact. Colston is obviously a very good receiver.
1/16/2013 7:35 PM
As is Welker.  Troy Brown looked pretty good for a few years also.
1/16/2013 8:43 PM
I'm not a Brady fan, but bistiza put together the worst anti-Brady arguments together, that I've ever seen.

If you're going to make a RIDICULOUS statement like this, you need to back it up by pointing out how my arguments have supposedly not worked.

I argued several points which clearly show Brady's specific failures and how they are often forgotten amid the media hype.

I argued that people over rated Brady because of  the TEAM accomplishments (wins, playoff wins, SB wins) and stats that were inflated by playing with great team mates and I backed it up with multiple examples.

I argued that Brady has essentially managed not to screw up a team that would be good with any decent QB under center, which I backed up with the example of Matt Cassel.

I argued that Brady has always had a superior offensive line to keep him untouched and that any decent NFL QB can throw well without pressure.

These arguments stand for themselves very successfully, and neither you nor anyone else has said a single thing that even comes close to refuting them.
1/17/2013 9:08 AM
Posted by AlCheez on 1/16/2013 4:13:00 PM (view original):
The defense gave up 17 points.  An offense that scored almost 600 points in the regular season put 14, even with that drive.  I know how that game played out, but that one's one the offense, no matter how you slice it.  (And of course, lots of credit for that goes to the NYG defense, but still)
In 2007 BB cost us the game.  That stupid going for it on 4th down when a FG was highly doable was a major mistake.
1/17/2013 9:30 AM
Posted by moranis on 1/16/2013 4:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 1/16/2013 4:27:00 PM (view original):
Givens and Maroney were never on the same team either. 
Maroney was on a team with Gaffney and Caldwell as the #1 and 2 WR's.
1/17/2013 9:31 AM
In 2007 BB cost us the game.  That stupid going for it on 4th down when a FG was highly doable was a major mistake.

Brady sucking because he actually got hit cost the Pats the game.

Offense averages 36.8 points per game in the regular season and gets to a massive 14 when a game plan is used to attack the QB who is only good when he's not touched.
1/17/2013 9:33 AM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 1/17/2013 9:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by AlCheez on 1/16/2013 4:13:00 PM (view original):
The defense gave up 17 points.  An offense that scored almost 600 points in the regular season put 14, even with that drive.  I know how that game played out, but that one's one the offense, no matter how you slice it.  (And of course, lots of credit for that goes to the NYG defense, but still)
Yes, because 17 points would have been an awesome performance from that offense...

I get that it's almost a mortal sin to suggest that Brady failed to get it done in a big game... but he failed to get it done in a big game.
1/17/2013 9:37 AM

Pre Welker/Moss....that is true.  Will Brown, Gaffney, Caldwell, Givens, Branch, Patten, Christina Furia (sp?), Ben Watson (sucks), Chad Jackson, Rod Rutledge and Jermaine Wiggins.

1/17/2013 9:37 AM
Posted by bistiza on 1/17/2013 9:08:00 AM (view original):
I'm not a Brady fan, but bistiza put together the worst anti-Brady arguments together, that I've ever seen.

If you're going to make a RIDICULOUS statement like this, you need to back it up by pointing out how my arguments have supposedly not worked.

I argued several points which clearly show Brady's specific failures and how they are often forgotten amid the media hype.

I argued that people over rated Brady because of  the TEAM accomplishments (wins, playoff wins, SB wins) and stats that were inflated by playing with great team mates and I backed it up with multiple examples.

I argued that Brady has essentially managed not to screw up a team that would be good with any decent QB under center, which I backed up with the example of Matt Cassel.

I argued that Brady has always had a superior offensive line to keep him untouched and that any decent NFL QB can throw well without pressure.

These arguments stand for themselves very successfully, and neither you nor anyone else has said a single thing that even comes close to refuting them.
Back it up....your posts don't need anyone to back it up.  You prove that you are a moron without anyone needing to point it out.

In fact, your posts are actually comical.  Keep it up.
1/17/2013 9:38 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...85 Next ▸
Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.