Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Just answer the question.
2/26/2013 4:04 PM
Posted by bistiza on 2/26/2013 4:04:00 PM (view original):
Just answer the question.
Can you really demand that I answer a question?
2/26/2013 4:19 PM
Posted by bistiza on 2/26/2013 11:37:00 AM (view original):
nomar,

Brady's got plenty of money - it's an easy decision to take a pay cut like that to give an already talented team the chance to retain or gain more talent.

taint,

Funny how Manning had a phenomenal season this year, including a miracle Flacco bomb from the AFC title game (and probably another Super Bowl what with how Brady's offense melted down in the second half against the Ravens - wouldn't have made any difference that it was Denver as they had great defense too).

If Manning's season was horrible and the team lost because of it, maybe then you can say "his arm strength cost them". The way things are, I don't buy that argument.
I never said Manning didn't have an awesome season...I never said his arm strength cost the Broncos anything...I just have seen enough Manning games in my time to know that his arm strength isn't what it once was.  he's never thrown a particularly pretty ball ala Aikman.....but his velocity is well down.  Anyone who has watched him over time will tell you the same.
2/26/2013 10:55 PM
I'm not demanding anything.

However, it is quite interesting to note how you continually fail to answer that question.

Face it: You hide behind this user name so that you can be a gigantic troll on the boards and no one knows your game playing user name. You are a coward and have zero credibility on anything you ever say.

2/27/2013 8:57 AM
he's never thrown a particularly pretty ball ala Aikman.....but his velocity is well down.  Anyone who has watched him over time will tell you the same.

My point is whether his arm strength is down or not doesn't matter in the least. The guy is amazing and is arguably the greatest QB to ever play the game.
2/27/2013 8:59 AM
Manning - lacking some physical tools, great stats = amazing
Brady - lacking some physical tools (but less than Manning), great stats = vastly overrated

Got it.
2/27/2013 9:06 AM
You are oversimplifying the situation, not to mention ignoring important information. More propaganda. It seems many of you are full of it.

Manning has far more all around skills than Brady and always has - in fact, it's not even close.

Manning is the ultimate field general, has a higher "football IQ" (if you want to call it that) than any QB in history, and has always been (and still is) more physically skilled than Brady as well.

2/27/2013 9:12 AM
So it's Manning's IQ that makes him elite.  Brady must be dumb as **** then.
2/27/2013 9:13 AM
Again with the oversimplification. How convenient for your argument. So much propaganda.

It's a combination of factors that make Manning far more elite than Brady could ever hope to be. This very conversation discussing the two in the same sentences is absurd as far as I'm concerned.

Manning is so far above Brady the light from Manning would take 10,000 years to get to Brady.
2/27/2013 9:16 AM
No, I've given actual evidence to support my argument; it's far from propaganda.  I can't say the same for you.  Your evidence is more about what you see on the field, which again, has significant bias.  

You stated that Brady's has a lack of physical tools, and it makes him overrated, so I showed you an example of someone's whose physical tools are currently worse, yet he's not overrated.  The fact that you didn't see that supports my argument that you are incredibly biased when making your argument.
2/27/2013 9:21 AM
You stated that Brady always had one of the best offensive lines in the league, which was shown to be wrong.  You stated that Brady sits all day in the pocket, which was shown to be wrong.  You stated that Brady can't make plays down the field consistently, which was shown to be wrong with statistical evidence.  You stated that Brady has always had elite weapons around him, which was shown to be wrong.  You stated that Matt Cassel put up comparable numbers as compared to Brady, which was shown to be wrong.
2/27/2013 9:24 AM
Evidence? Bis doesn't care about your evidence.
2/27/2013 9:25 AM
so I showed you an example of someone's whose physical tools are currently worse, yet he's not overrated. 

No, you didn't. You showed me someone who is better by far, and you're basing your conclusion on a false presumption.

Next, I'll show how you don't even understand my arguments and therefore cannot begin to argue against them.
You stated that Brady always had one of the best offensive lines in the league, which was shown to be wrong.
No, I didn't. I said Brady had a great offensive line during most of his career, and it was shown to be correct.
You stated that Brady sits all day in the pocket, which was shown to be wrong. 
No, I didn't. I said Brady often has a long time to throw, which was easily substantiated. That doesn't mean he always uses all the time he has. Again, you try to twist things and I'm not going to let you do it.
You stated that Brady can't make plays down the field consistently, which was shown to be wrong with statistical evidence.
No, I didn't. I said Brady's doesn't throw accurately downfield at the same rate as other great QBs, and this is different than than what you say here. Keep twisting though since you think it works.
You stated that Brady has always had elite weapons around him, which was shown to be wrong.
No, I didn't. I said Brady has had some elite weapons at various points in his career and has worked within a system that allowed him to be more successful even when he didn't. More twisting of my words.
 You stated that Matt Cassel put up comparable numbers as compared to Brady, which was shown to be wrong.
No, I didn't. I said Cassel led the team to 11 wins, which is FACT, and that is comparable to the team wins when Brady was with the team, which is also FACT.

The bottom line here is I didn't say any of the things you seem to THINK I've said.  Either you deliberately twist what I say and set up a "straw man" (another logical fallacy) argument you can try to refute rather than dealing with what I actually said and/or you simply don't understand the arguments to begin with.

Either way, I'm done arguing with you on this because you want to insist I've said things I never said and then you want to try to argue with those, and that's not going to produce anything more than me correcting you repeatedly as I've just done.
2/27/2013 9:57 AM
Thank God.
2/27/2013 10:08 AM
◂ Prev 1...70|71|72|73|74...85 Next ▸
Patriots 9.5 points favorites over Ravens Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.