Forfeits in "I hate that sh!t" league" Topic

You have a couple of errors in your list biglen:

Frazzman80's "Northern New Jersey Yankees" do not exist. That team belongs to italyprof. Please don't give me 4 losses!!!

Also, you missed my post above:

Disco Dogs started Roberto Clemente in LF at 97% in my 1/21 PM game (no forfeit needed).
In the PM2 game, a forfeit will be needed.

So Disco Dogs should show a forfeit for the 1/21 PM2 game.
1/29/2013 3:43 PM
Shaybee - I'm hoping in the standings.  They go about 50/50 in my experience with leagues with forfeits.  If they don't, then I'll post a "true standings" in this thread.

Frazz - Will research that in the AM.... Have a meeting from 4-6, and then lots of work tomorrow morning.

1/29/2013 3:58 PM
Posted by Disco Dogs on 1/25/2013 10:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by frazzman80 on 1/21/2013 8:36:00 PM (view original):
Disco Dogs started Roberto Clemente in LF at 97% in my 1/21 PM game (no forfeit needed).

That ends the series.
Clemente was 98% in PM2 so no forfeit, thx!

I don't see a reply to Disco Dogs here -- maybe it was sent by sitemail --but perhaps we could all use a reminder:

The 97% in the 1/21 pm game forfeits all games in the series.  Home-and-home interleague games are considered a series for purposes of this rule.

1/29/2013 4:28 PM (edited)
I accept & support  the penalties handed out. Regardless, I intend to remain competitive for the rest of the regular season.
1/29/2013 4:01 PM
Question on how it works if one owner plays an ineligible player in an early game in a series, and later in the series both owners have an ineligible player.  Does the 1st event negate the 2nd event? 
1/30/2013 1:19 AM
I don't quite have the time or the brain space free to work through this stuff right now, but notice Frazzman's mentioning an apparent reference to a violation by my "Northern New Jersey Yankees" team - have I violated some rule ? Played an ineligible player ? If so I have missed it and can't find the original reference that Frazzman is referring to. 

Can someone fill me in ? 
1/30/2013 5:49 AM
I'm researching that now... I'll get an update before lunch.

Also... Just to be clear:  Playoff ineligible teams won't generate additional forfeits.  Nhsteven is handling his situation very professionally, but it's not impossible that an owner in that situation could screw with the league, and I'm not interested in policing every game.  So be careful when you play a team in that situation.
1/30/2013 9:19 AM
Posted by sgsmith on 1/29/2013 4:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Disco Dogs on 1/25/2013 10:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by frazzman80 on 1/21/2013 8:36:00 PM (view original):

That ends the series.
Clemente was 98% in PM2 so no forfeit, thx!

I don't see a reply to Disco Dogs here -- maybe it was sent by sitemail --but perhaps we could all use a reminder:

The 97% in the 1/21 pm game forfeits all games in the series.  Home-and-home interleague games are considered a series for purposes of this rule.

Yes.  This is correct.  PM2 game is a forfeit.  Home & home are a series. 

I'll add it to the forfeit list. 
1/30/2013 12:38 PM
Posted by italyprof on 1/30/2013 5:49:00 AM (view original):
I don't quite have the time or the brain space free to work through this stuff right now, but notice Frazzman's mentioning an apparent reference to a violation by my "Northern New Jersey Yankees" team - have I violated some rule ? Played an ineligible player ? If so I have missed it and can't find the original reference that Frazzman is referring to. 

Can someone fill me in ? 
I/17 pm2 game, you have Ricky Henderson starting at 96%.  I'll update the series, I did have the team belonging to the wrong player.

It's a double forfeit for the series.
1/30/2013 12:43 PM
Sorry, I confess to not remembering - what is the  rule ? Players can't start games below X percentage ? What is the percentage - it is apparently above 96% if I have forfeited two games in a series two weeks ago for having my leadoff hitter at 96, but I can set the autorest at above whatever the cutoff is if I am reminded of the rule. 

Thanks. 
1/30/2013 4:44 PM
Posted by italyprof on 1/30/2013 4:44:00 PM (view original):
Sorry, I confess to not remembering - what is the  rule ? Players can't start games below X percentage ? What is the percentage - it is apparently above 96% if I have forfeited two games in a series two weeks ago for having my leadoff hitter at 96, but I can set the autorest at above whatever the cutoff is if I am reminded of the rule. 

Thanks. 
98%

Anything below 98% is a forfeit
1/30/2013 10:04 PM
yes

Updated through this post... Submitting to admin
2/4/2013 2:30 PM (edited)
In the 2/2 pm2 game, Scott Moore 1B started at 97% for leganovci's "Quirkless in 2012" against "Watch where you step..."
2/3/2013 10:26 AM
Submit through my previous post has been done.... Will keep everyone informed of the results.
2/4/2013 2:34 PM
◂ Prev 12
Forfeits in "I hate that sh!t" league" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.