All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > 2012 Redesign Discussion > 1/14/2013 Blog Update - Suggestion Thread
1/17/2013 10:22 PM
Posted by trumpet664 on 1/17/2013 7:06:00 PM (view original):
I would like the 80 million dollar limit raised.  I have been here for over 7 years and this limit has not changed but the majors have changed and the players cost more money, so now you cannot get players and this is not a real league sence, raise it to 90 or 100 million.
Want higher quality players? Play theme leagues. OLs... you get what you get. I'm fine with 80 mil as being the "base", even at 80 mil it tends to be all-star lineups to some extent, especially with AAA abuse...
1/18/2013 2:31 PM (edited)
Having the ability to link the draft center to a particular league would be huge. Say I have a progressive using the 1960 season. This progressive would have a seperate ID#. All the owners in the league would be able to load that ID# when they enter the draft center. It would automatically load only the players from 1960, or whatever season/s the Commish sets up. As each owner loads their returning players onto their roster page it removes them from the utility player search page. After all owners have logged on for the first time and loaded their returning players the only remaining players would be the ones left available to draft. Then as each owner makes their selection in the draft those players come off of the list as well. If I'm not mistaken this is already done using the draft utility feature but it is not available to use in a progressive format. Right?
1/18/2013 12:22 PM
There are a number of search options I'd love to see, but these are mostly obscure things based on the fact that I primarily play strange theme leagues.  So while I'd love to see a search by player's height and weight, I realise that is a pipe dream.  That said, there are a few of these things I think are a bit more realistic.
  • Search by place of birth.
  • Search by date of birth.
Both of these are totally doable through Baseball Reference, but can take some time, especially when you need some obscure low-salary guy to fill out the bench.
  • "NOT" search option.
For the stat options, it's easy enough to set a low max to get the equivalent of a "not" option.  But what if you need a player is NOT in the Hall of Fame?  Was NOT a member of a certain franchise, or didn't play a certain league.  Or even just NOT a catcher or NOt a shortstop.  Again, I know this wouldn't come up all that often, but it also seems like a really simple addition.
And here is where someone points out to me the option to do this I've been missing all this time...

1/18/2013 3:51 PM
I’m still interested in fixing some fundamental problems. The split statistics for hitter/pitcher handedness are inaccurate for individual players when displayed as a team. There are columns for runs, RBI, SB and CS that are always zeroed out. This is reasonable given they are difficult to attribute to a specific pitcher. But HP, SH and SF are not listed at all and they can be. Because these three stats are not included in the handedness splits it is not possible to know total PA and the OBP displayed is inaccurate because HP and SF are not accounted for. Why not fix this by dumping the empty columns and replacing them with data (HP, SH, SF) that does matter and will allow you to generate an accurate OBP.  
1/18/2013 5:54 PM
How about making pitchers available for defensive replacements.  There are many of them with A+ A+ OF rating sitting on the bench.  Also, some pitchers are pretty good hitters, make them available for pinch hit duty..
1/22/2013 12:46 PM
It would make for  more realistic sim if actual right/left splits were used. This data is available for all MLB games from 1974 on. It's almost complete (99%) back to 1958. Use the actual splits for hitters and pitchers when available and the current system when it's not. This is a fundamental feature of the game. Where the data is available it should be used.
1/22/2013 7:46 PM
One more thing...in the player hierarchies, how about a tab to clear all so we don't have to keep clicking every player the sim puts in to remove them.  This wastes a lot of time and is very annoying as I seldon do what sim says.......
1/23/2013 9:32 PM
Having recently manually realigned a theme league, I would like to see the Divisions fixed and be able to drag & drop teams into each division.  It is difficult to see if you have the right number of teams in each division as it is set up now.
2/8/2013 1:24 AM

For batters PA/162 determines how much they can be used and PA/162 is readily available. For ptichers their seasonal pitch count plays the same role. That number is unavailable. So pitchers are purchased without knowing how many pitches they are allowed for a season. IP/162, an approximation, is the best we get. Why not make the actual pitch count total used by WIS available? A $/pitch stat, to go along with $/IP, would beuseful too.

2/9/2013 11:35 AM
I'd like to see some sort of addition to help support / encourage auction and contract leagues. If there were some live bidding tool, the Auction league market would explode for WIS. Presently, commishes who want to run an auction style prog league are taking bids via sitemail! There has'to be a better way. I realize this would be a huge effort on the Development-side of WIS, but there would be a major spike in these types of leagues. 
2/18/2013 12:53 PM
Posted by Got_Worms on 1/23/2013 9:32:00 PM (view original):
Having recently manually realigned a theme league, I would like to see the Divisions fixed and be able to drag & drop teams into each division.  It is difficult to see if you have the right number of teams in each division as it is set up now.
I absolutely second this motion.
5/30/2013 2:38 PM
Any news whatsoever on this update?  It has been months now with absolutely no communication of any kind.
5/30/2013 2:49 PM
All of those new programmers they hired cant find the forums.
6/3/2013 2:42 PM
Guys -- I just wanted to chime in quickly and apologize for the lack of updates on this.  We've been plugging away on this update full steam and we have several key areas of the game at a point where we can share them with you.  Our goal is to get your feedback on what we have done and what we plan to do as soon as possible.  Just hang in there a little longer!
6/4/2013 11:13 AM
If you want to put a few ideas out there in front of the council, we'll be there for you. 

Sitemail us to get our attention, there hasn't been much activity in that forum
of 5
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > 2012 Redesign Discussion > 1/14/2013 Blog Update - Suggestion Thread

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.