A Comprehensive History of GD Topic

The year was 2013, and toiling away at his iPhone while watching Baylor basketball play another sorry game, was the great historian Caesari, typing up a history he thought could inform everyone of the best and worst times in GD History.

And thus, the documents produced that night, forever preserving GD culture:

I, Caesari, writing by the prodding of a divine vision, in which I saw Norbert, in the holy light of a new engine.

At first there was nothing... and then there was code. And unto us a game was born, more magnificent than any other, as it combined everyone's favorite things: football, crude jokes, and sitting on their couch.

The times were good. Population soared. The sorta-good-king-slash-developer-who-would-eventually-be-immortalized-as-a-villain, JConte, bequeathed unto the serfs this shiny new toy, for the low price of every extra dollar you can possibly find, whether between the cushions or in a dumpster. The elders of the land saw this time was good, and there was much rejoicing.

Then came the first sign of trouble: alas, a demon had entered the land. Disguised as a woman, "Arfy" began planting seeds of destruction, simply by posting. And soon, more demons infiltrated the GDers.

Turns out JConte had given his soul to the devil because he lost a fiddling competition (long story, for another time) and therefore used these demons as distractions while he sought to destroy the good gift he himself had bequeathed. For as much as 12 minutes (generous estimation), he worked nonstop on a new engine, 2.0, and emerged from the time a prince of evil. He did no beta, but released it on unassuming serfs, some of whom may have actually thrown their cheese balls across the den in frustration.

The Dark Ages had arrived. Little scholarly advice was offered, because it was all drowned out by a butthurt Italian, referred to semi-affectionately as Gino. For nearly half a year, prophecies of doom filled the air, and then....

A SAVIOR. Unheralded and unassuming, this savior quietly built one of the most astoundingly mediocre resumes known to GD kind. Upon his urging, Norbert was crowned king, after the deposed JConte retired to a life of shuffle board, caviar, and agriculture, possibly in the northern parts of Iowa.

The Savior was quiet at first, but many rose up against him. "Babcick" insisted he didn't know what he was talking about, but he did. Jibe was sure that this Savior called a mental ward home, but shows what he knows. Nincompoop.

And it wasn't until the good King Norbert revealed plans for the 3.0 engine beta, the answer to all prayers, had been firmly announced, that the Savior felt it time to declare himself. And so he sat down, in order to watch a sorry Baylor basketball team get trounced by Kansas, iPhone in hand, that he tested the reading comprehension skills of his readers in determining who he was referring to as Savior.

Fin.
1/14/2013 10:29 PM
Ahhh conte, the pinche pendejo. That cheater.
1/14/2013 11:24 PM
I am the most interesting man in the world. I do not hate often. But when I do, I hate JConte.

Stay thirsty my friends.
1/14/2013 11:48 PM
Lmao!! This is some good stuff.
1/15/2013 12:00 AM
Anytime my name is mentioned, and the great ruse of mafia game is not mentioned-it is just a wasted breath.  lol
1/15/2013 12:08 AM
 I still don't know what you're talking about.
1/15/2013 1:19 AM
Do I need a lawyer? 
1/15/2013 6:34 AM
Great stuff!!
1/15/2013 7:53 AM
Posted by Arfy on 1/15/2013 12:08:00 AM (view original):
Anytime my name is mentioned, and the great ruse of mafia game is not mentioned-it is just a wasted breath.  lol
I knew I was forgetting something. That mafia game was definitely historic and freaking awesome.
1/15/2013 8:16 AM
What's the OP got against N. Iowa?? All those awesome hogs.

Hey, I'm the owner of a HBD team called the Omahogs. Gotta stick up for hogs.

I bet Joe went to work in a barn. Probably pushing a squiggie.

1/15/2013 8:35 AM
Posted by jibe on 1/15/2013 8:35:00 AM (view original):

Ah, you missed the subtleties of this essay.

Does anyone smarter than Jim want to inform him of what my reference to northern Iowa was, or was that do subtle no one got it?
1/15/2013 8:38 AM
Ummm I think I got it
1/15/2013 8:52 AM
Posted by caesari on 1/15/2013 8:38:00 AM (view original):

Ah, you missed the subtleties of this essay.

Does anyone smarter than Jim want to inform him of what my reference to northern Iowa was, or was that do subtle no one got it?
Joe only coached at N. Iowa for decades. With some rather strange results. Lets see, winless for decades, goes out on a high cheating ending. For Joe cheating was par for the course.

Yeah, I still think he ended up in a pig barn between cedar Falls and Mason City.  One of his old Panther boosters felt sorry for him or is taking out revenge on him.

1/15/2013 10:09 AM

Here is the part where I would poke fun at a team called the Omahogs.  However, you won the title last season so all I can do is bow down to you.  I'm not worthy!!!!
1/15/2013 4:11 PM
Posted by caesari on 1/15/2013 8:16:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Arfy on 1/15/2013 12:08:00 AM (view original):
I knew I was forgetting something. That mafia game was definitely historic and freaking awesome.
Not nearly as awesome as double-claiming doctor. lol. 
1/15/2013 4:21 PM
123 Next ▸
A Comprehensive History of GD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.