Guaranteed Start WE Drop Topic

I am sure WIS is adding it to their list.... "sarcastic laughter follows"
1/21/2013 4:57 PM
My guy took a 22 point drop, then took 5 games to regain all but 4 of the missing WE points.he missed out on starting 5 games.
1/23/2013 1:39 AM
Is it true that you do not need to honor the guaranteed start during the post season.  The guaranteed start is only for the regular season?   Thanks! 
1/23/2013 11:40 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 1/21/2013 12:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by udm_mike on 1/21/2013 7:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by gvsujulius on 1/21/2013 7:28:00 AM (view original):
Well I have started him every game since and he just sent me a message saying he no longer regrets his decision. His WE went up to 85, so not quite back up to 99, but much better than the drop to 50. He has started 10 of 15 games.

That still seems like too low of a drop to me.  Promise to start every game and he only gets 66%?  Should at least be a 33% drop to match the thrown of lies his coach is sitting on.
As opposed to "throne"? Anyway, I agree entirely with your point and actually I think a 33% drop to match the games started percentage is a bit lenient.  Bottom that WE out at 1, have the player transfer, and restore his WE back to where it was originally AFTER the season is over and the player has transferred.  Make promises matter.  Make them significantly more powerful during recruiting and make them be fulfilled ENTIRELY during the season or watch the player leave for greener pastures.  And make the accompanying Rep hit that the coach suffers actually mean something also.
I agree with all you say, emy. BUT, I think this should ONLY come to pass, IF they make a very significant change UPWARDS in the value of a promise. Specifically, moreso the promise of a start. Junk time is still playing time and that makes those easier to fulfill and is I feel, much closer to RL situations than the start currently is. In RL, Freshmen don't start, unless they are either EXCEPTIONAL or they are playing for a team with few returning players. A promised Starting job to a freshman should have a PROFOUND effect on a recruit's decision to join your team. You propose a Profound negative effect for reneging on a promise, and I agree, but NOT as the system currently stands. In a battle for a recruit, a promised start Does have value, but it isn't anywhere near what it should be. At best, it gives you a very very slight edge. The ONLY real value a promised start has,imo, right now, is that it WILL let you sign mid-level (for the division you play in) recruits pretty cheap. That does benefit you if you need more cash for a battle you have over a different recruit, but a start has very little value IN a battle, as things stand. In that regard, money is still the over-riding and all encompassing measuring stick.
1/23/2013 11:49 AM
◂ Prev 12
Guaranteed Start WE Drop Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.