Defensive IQs and Defense Rating Topic

Posted by nachopuzzle on 1/29/2013 2:01:00 AM (view original):
no, playing time does not affect the rate of improvement for IQs.
Playing does affect IQ improvement. It would make no sense otherwise. You would definitely learn a system better playing in game situations than watching on the bench.
1/29/2013 5:53 AM
Posted by blackdog3377 on 1/29/2013 5:53:00 AM (view original):
Posted by nachopuzzle on 1/29/2013 2:01:00 AM (view original):
no, playing time does not affect the rate of improvement for IQs.
Playing does affect IQ improvement. It would make no sense otherwise. You would definitely learn a system better playing in game situations than watching on the bench.
You're assuming that the engine precisely mimics real life...which it does not. 
1/29/2013 6:04 AM
Perhaps I misinterperted this. I have been under the assumption that Playing time does effect work ethic, Just as a red shirt to an unwilling player will see his WE drop considerably or rise back up if red shirt is removed. If that assumption is true than PT effects WE which in turn effect IQ.
1/29/2013 7:44 AM
I believe nacho is right that playing time doesn't directly affect IQ. Of course, playing time does improve WE quicker, which in turn will have some benefit on IQ.

There's one other factor that no one's mentioned - starts. I thought that giving (for example) starts and 20 mpg would improve ratings and IQ faster than giving 20 mpg but no starts.

1/29/2013 9:06 AM
Here is another question -

Does IQ work in a way similar to a 0-100 scale, or is there certain degrees of a specific rating. Is one C+ better than another?

1/29/2013 2:47 PM
bhansalid, speaking for myself at the very least, but I imagine also for the other guys, when we say playing time that includes starts along with minutes.

Payne... yes
1/29/2013 7:57 PM
If you look at Redshirt players, you will notice that they do not grow as much as other players who play in normal attributes. But they do grow an almost identical amount as players who play in IQs.

Starts and playing time do not impact IQs, only WE and GPA (or if you prefer, classroom ability) impact IQs.
1/30/2013 5:14 AM
◂ Prev 12
Defensive IQs and Defense Rating Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.