It's much easier to get bored doing nothing than doing something. I'm assuming that bolting owners during the wait for worlds to fill are doing so to take their credit to a world closer to filling. If the first world filled more quickly, I don't know that I see a likelihood that someone like that is necessarily going to get bored. To some degree, the opposite is actually true (owners wait and lose interest). Of course, those tend to be those "new" owners that join (only) to fill worlds.
2/9/2013 12:41 AM
sportsboy has a good suggestion. How much money is WIS losing out on by having all these worlds sitting in limbo waiting to fill? The sooner they get playing again and turn things over, the more money that WIS makes in the long run. So giving a credit to pre-filled worlds is a win-win.
2/14/2013 10:40 PM
No no no.

32 teams per league.

WS finalists get a free team.
League finalists get $12.
Then eight $4 credits for the other playoff teams.
Then eight $4 credits for the last place team in each division.
Then a $5 credit for being in the league 5 seasons.
Then a $10 credit for being in the league 10 seasons.

Are you guys actually serious?
2/15/2013 9:50 AM
That is a min $138 in credits each season. MIN. Or, 5 1/2 free teams per league.
2/15/2013 9:52 AM
Yeah but wouldn't WifS want to throw another $160 in credits out there?
2/15/2013 9:56 AM
I want them to pay me to play. Aren't real MLB GMs paid? Plus I'm managing the team.

I'M GETTING HOSED
2/15/2013 9:59 AM
Excellent point.   Perhaps, if a league has 100% retention, each owner should get a $50 credit.
2/15/2013 10:06 AM
It's not a bad idea on the surface.  Of couse none of us has an idea of how the costs are assigned to run each world or how much margin is built in.  I'm sure they could weigh the suggestion against the math involved.  They may already be maxed out in what the game can afford.  It's a suggestion worth research.  Theoretically, you could run some sampling of recent turnover times versus how many owners are lost; input some expected bump in retention and see how the dollars pan out.  There are a lot of variables and time doing that nerd work though, so I'd be inclined to run it as a promotion given whatever margins I had to work with and gage response that way.

I think this suggestion has merit provided there is wiggle room in the cost structure.
2/18/2013 4:13 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.