This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
 I too have experienced that gino.I've hit them hard early,midway and late still without shaking a sim.
Even a recruit with 3 sims will get down to one that won't go away.
BS I say.
2/1/2013 1:16 AM
I complained and WIS told me that most likely the sim team had the player as their top choice, no matter what I did, I was not going to sign the recruit.. prestige, wins, ect made no difference.. I then asked them if this was the case, a sim could "top choice" a player, then why dont they pick the best of the best.. no answer of course..
2/1/2013 7:38 AM
To follow up, this was also a team, my team, that won our conference championship, all be it, Navy's conference, and won 10 games, the sim, managed 5 wins for the season and hadnt had a winning season in 20 seasons..
2/1/2013 7:40 AM
It's not so much about being top choice as much as the cycle of Sim AI recruiting.  It will continually try to recruit a player that has interest in the school if it isn't winning, and since you need to beat a school by a certain percentage to knock it off, you can get in to some vicious cycles if you don't knock them off early.  This is one of the things I'd like to look at after the update and if we don't have time to totally redesign recruiting, I'd like to at least fix the competition with Sim AI schools.  Recruiting works perfectly fine, until it doesn't.
2/1/2013 10:05 AM
Posted by norbert on 2/1/2013 10:05:00 AM (view original):
It's not so much about being top choice as much as the cycle of Sim AI recruiting.  It will continually try to recruit a player that has interest in the school if it isn't winning, and since you need to beat a school by a certain percentage to knock it off, you can get in to some vicious cycles if you don't knock them off early.  This is one of the things I'd like to look at after the update and if we don't have time to totally redesign recruiting, I'd like to at least fix the competition with Sim AI schools.  Recruiting works perfectly fine, until it doesn't.
Why can't we get it how HD is and have very few recruits that the sims are considering when recruiting starts? There is at least 90% of recruits already considering sims before we even get to start recruiting and that isn't fair to human teams. If a human vs human battle goes 20k plus that's fine, but when you spend 20k on a recruit and it's just considering you and a sim and you lose that takes away from battles with humans. I'm gonna take on 6-8 sims now because of this and I hardly ever have taken a sim with Jacksonville St. I think I may have taken 1 or 2 the whold time I been doing the rebuild.It's just not fair to the people that pay for the game. I just purchased a 5 pack a few days ago and this is making me to consider getting a refund and put it towards HD or HBD. Now this will take me an additional 3 seasons just to clear the sim recruits I have gotten this season. Just isn't right.
2/1/2013 11:41 AM
SimAI has it out for you, Gino....it is a vast, AI conspiracy that forces you to take on multiple Sim recruits! 
2/1/2013 12:47 PM
gino, it's been this way since Day 1. You've gotta beat the SIMs off early. If you let them hang around you're almost always gonna lose. If you've still got SIMs on your recruits after the 2nd day of recruiting, you're not doing it right.
2/1/2013 1:09 PM
If the worlds are full of uimans, this is not a problem. Dont change the code, fill the worlds.
2/1/2013 1:09 PM
I have many ideas on how recruiting could be more fun, more realistic and create more competition between humans players (beside the many-multiple CV BS we have now), but I'll save those for the appropriate forum.

Tweaks now that would probably not take much of Norbert's time after the update is set in motion would be:

1) SIM teams have same budgets as humans. When they are out of $ they stop recruiting.
2) Mileages and costs to recruit due to distance mean the same to SIM teams. No more every SIM is recruting from 180 miles away from every recruit.
3) SIM teams are only able to recruit to the number of scholarships they have available. 10 open they are on only 10 players. I was comparing some battles I have going and noted one SIM team was on 3 QB's! If they get knocked off early, they drop down to recruit the next undecided player needed for their roster.
(A little more on the edge and just a thought - I have better ideas about this but not now)
4)Get rid of vision, and let every team from DIII to D1A see ALL the players - Award recruiting $$ to teams based on success - $ for wins, CC, PO games, NC, bowl games etc. (individual teams - not to the entire conference)
2/1/2013 1:26 PM
katz, your suggestions would work if the SIMs had actual intelligence. With their current "programming" and those restrictions, they'd never be able to sign decent recruits, and without decent recruits, SIM teams would never win a game. badaxe has the right idea: Just fill up the worlds, and most of these problems will just go away.
2/1/2013 1:55 PM
Posted by scrodz on 2/1/2013 1:55:00 PM (view original):
katz, your suggestions would work if the SIMs had actual intelligence. With their current "programming" and those restrictions, they'd never be able to sign decent recruits, and without decent recruits, SIM teams would never win a game. badaxe has the right idea: Just fill up the worlds, and most of these problems will just go away.
Then another easier way would be that the recruit data base be populated based on the # of human coaches in the world. No SIM coached teams would show up to recruit against - their players would be generated later and held to players at the average of their vision.
2/1/2013 2:08 PM
Posted by katzphang88 on 2/1/2013 2:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by scrodz on 2/1/2013 1:55:00 PM (view original):
Then another easier way would be that the recruit data base be populated based on the # of human coaches in the world. No SIM coached teams would show up to recruit against - their players would be generated later and held to players at the average of their vision.
Not a bad idea. It would certainly make recruiting more interesting.
2/1/2013 2:20 PM
I've had this same problem in D-1AA no where else and the Sim-Ai will cost me 15 campus visits to knock off all 3 sims because on always hangs on until the end. Its ridiculous figuring my team is coming off of a 14 win season and a conference championship...
2/1/2013 11:35 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 2/1/2013 11:35:00 PM (view original):
I've had this same problem in D-1AA no where else and the Sim-Ai will cost me 15 campus visits to knock off all 3 sims because on always hangs on until the end. Its ridiculous figuring my team is coming off of a 14 win season and a conference championship...
I had the exact same problem after my first NC. Apparently the recruits weren't as impressed with the title as I was...
2/2/2013 12:00 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.