Makes me sick... Topic

Do you think animals are bred for size?  Like breed a big bull with a big cow in hopes of a big calf?

If you say "Yes", do you think it's possible to breed for intelligence? 

If you say "Yes", do you think a smart monkey would be a better provider thus making him more attractive to the smart females?

Do you see where I'm heading?
2/7/2013 8:55 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 2/7/2013 6:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 2/7/2013 2:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/7/2013 2:01:00 PM (view original):
I don't even know what "actively anti-science" means.   Do they picket labs?   Throw holy water on guys in labs coats?   WTF makes them actively anti-science?
They think that th body shuts down during rape, therefore making it impossible to get pregnant when raped? That's kinda actively anti science. I guess....
F*ck off, seriously. Because I'm a Creationist, I'm automatically a religious fanatic who gets lumped in with idiots like that? That doesn't even fit into this discussion.

If you're only response to a creationist is "ya, well...you're a religious freak who thinks...", then you have ZERO credibility or strength in your position.
Uhh, I was trying to come up with an actively anti science example for mike. Never said you were like that...hell, I wasn't sure that was even a valid example, hence the "I guess" at the end. You ever entered my thoughts when I posted that. It wasn't aimed at anyone writing in this forum.

I'm in no position to put someone down for their beliefs, nor would I. I don't have any answers.
2/7/2013 10:33 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/7/2013 6:45:00 PM (view original):
Both sides have plenty of nutjobs.   That's why I didn't even acknowledge the barkeep.
This barkeep knows to stay out of religious arguments.
2/7/2013 10:34 PM
And how in the hell did a ***** fest about the refs evolve into that?
2/7/2013 10:39 PM
Posted by The Taint on 2/7/2013 10:40:00 PM (view original):
And how in the hell did a ***** fest about the refs evolve into that?
That, my friend, is the true question.
2/7/2013 10:51 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/7/2013 8:55:00 PM (view original):
Do you think animals are bred for size?  Like breed a big bull with a big cow in hopes of a big calf?

If you say "Yes", do you think a smart monkey would be a better provider thus making him more attractive to the smart females?

There's a difference. If you want to try and develop a freakishly strong animal, sure, you find the biggest, strongest parents. But that's not creating a new species.

I already said I think each species can adapt certain physical characteristics based on their surroundings (or in this case, heritage) - but that's still not the creation of a new species. If we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys? Seems to me if there was need for them to evolve, then all monkeys would have evolved or died. Or better yet, in response to your question - can a human impregnate a monkey? If we came from monkeys, why can we not cross breed with them?

Breeding two big cows to get a big calf is not the same as something evolving into an entirely different species.
2/7/2013 11:50 PM
Cause we didn't evolve from monkeys.
2/8/2013 12:03 AM
Tell that to the evolutionists
2/8/2013 12:06 AM
An evolutionist probably knows that.
2/8/2013 12:09 AM
Sorry, is this your attempt at being literal? No, we didn't go directly from monkeys to humans, but according to evolution we are descendants of monkeys. Who oddly enough are still here, yet the links in between are all extinct because they evolved or died.

You should probably stick to bartending.
2/8/2013 12:10 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 2/8/2013 12:11:00 AM (view original):
Sorry, is this your attempt at being literal? No, we didn't go directly from monkeys to humans, but according to evolution we are descendants of monkeys. Who oddly enough are still here, yet the links in between are all extinct because they evolved or died.

You should probably stick to bartending.
Technically, the theory is that humans and monkeys evolved from a shared ancestor.  You clearly don't understand the theory of evolution as it applies to humans.  Either that or you like misrepresenting counter-arguments.
2/8/2013 12:15 AM
At least this bartender payed attention in school.
2/8/2013 12:17 AM
Dear God, here comes the technicality card.

I have people that I share a common ancestor with - you know what I call them? Cousins. And if you look to the south, you'll see evidence that one can procreate with cousins.

Point is, one thing can not magically change species. And it's even more foolish to think one species evolved into TWO completely different species.
2/8/2013 12:24 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 2/7/2013 11:52:00 PM (view original):

There's a difference. If you want to try and develop a freakishly strong animal, sure, you find the biggest, strongest parents. But that's not creating a new species.

I already said I think each species can adapt certain physical characteristics based on their surroundings (or in this case, heritage) - but that's still not the creation of a new species. If we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys? Seems to me if there was need for them to evolve, then all monkeys would have evolved or died. Or better yet, in response to your question - can a human impregnate a monkey? If we came from monkeys, why can we not cross breed with them?

Breeding two big cows to get a big calf is not the same as something evolving into an entirely different species.
For the same reason you can take a wild fox and domesticate them in 50 or so birthing cycles in which the make up of the animal is totally different.  When certain types of traits keep getting replicated, eventually you alter the DNA of the animal so much it is a completely different "species", but you still have the original species, i.e. the wild foxes.  Now imagine doing something like that over a million birthing cycles.  That is why it is entirely plausible that humans evolved from a monkey species but yet there are still monkeys.  It isn't my fault you can't see the connection or understand the implication of Beylaev's fox experiment.  It tells you evolution is possible.
2/8/2013 6:24 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 2/7/2013 11:52:00 PM (view original):

OK, I disagree but, since neither of us knows what could happen over millions/billions of years, let's try another route.

God is all powerful, right?   If he wanted to dissipate earth, he could, right?  Or, maybe just remove humans from here, right?

Do you think God could have created earth, populated it with lesser species and let things move at their own pace?   Do you think He could have watched the smarter monkeys mate and become "better"?   Do you think He could have said "Man, that first run of monkeys was pretty sloppy.   I'm gonna create a better monkey!"    And, as it were, he eventually created a species that resembles us today?
2/8/2013 8:07 AM
◂ Prev 1...28|29|30|31|32...60 Next ▸
Makes me sick... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.