Makes me sick... Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 2/26/2013 3:39:00 PM (view original):
The age of the earth has been estimated to very much the same number - 4.5 billion years - by multiple methods.  The most accurate is radiometric dating, but the best models of the Earth's cooling come up with a very similar number.  Biologists have argued that the rate of apparent evolution requires life to have been developing for at least 3.5 billion years.

I believe part of bistiza's counter-argument to this is that unless you know personally how to perform radiometric dating and have done it yourself, that you're just trusting others who claim to understand and perform it; that they know what they're doing and are telling the truth about their findings.

In other words, you should doubt anything that you don't fully understand or can prove yourself.
I do personally know how to perform radiometric dating and have done it myself.

Admittedly, not to determine the age or the earth.  But I have done some.  I worked in a nuclear chemistry lab for a few years...
2/26/2013 4:38 PM
Incidentally, I have dated some geological samples that were over 10,000 years old.  Just nothing in the 4 billion range.
2/26/2013 5:26 PM
Speaking of real names, BL, when are you going to tell us your real user name - you know, the one you use to play the actual games on this site?

Or is your plan to continually hide behind this user name like a coward with no credibility?

2/27/2013 9:01 AM
Why do you care?

Deflection from your inability to defend your asinine theories?
2/27/2013 9:02 AM
I don't need to defend anything, and therefore have no need to deflect anything.

BL just has no credibility because he hides behind that user name. I want to make sure everyone is aware of that fact.

2/27/2013 9:07 AM
We're all hiding our actual identities.  What does him playing games have anything to do with his forum activity?
2/27/2013 9:11 AM
I'm not talking about actual identities (that much should have been plain and obvious).

I'm talking about BL is a user name that he created simply so that he could troll the boards and keep his game playing user name a secret.

Why would anyone want to do that? Because BL knows people don't like the way he acts here, and he doesn't want anyone to associate how he acts on the boards with his game playing user name.

Since he's hiding behind another user name, this gives him no credibility whatsoever. He's a pathetic joke and nothing more.
2/27/2013 9:14 AM
"Why would anyone want to do that? Because BL knows people don't like the way he acts here, and he doesn't want anyone to associate how he acts on the boards with his game playing user name."

Why? I don't understand the connection.  Unless you're saying he plays HBD and people wouldn't let him play in some private worlds because he's an *** sometimes.  Which I don't necessarily buy.

Also, I'd guess that about 5% of actual people who play this game are active on the forums.

2/27/2013 9:17 AM
Bis just wants me to go away because I embarrass him.
2/27/2013 9:24 AM
Posted by bistiza on 2/27/2013 9:14:00 AM (view original):
I'm not talking about actual identities (that much should have been plain and obvious).

I'm talking about BL is a user name that he created simply so that he could troll the boards and keep his game playing user name a secret.

Why would anyone want to do that? Because BL knows people don't like the way he acts here, and he doesn't want anyone to associate how he acts on the boards with his game playing user name.

Since he's hiding behind another user name, this gives him no credibility whatsoever. He's a pathetic joke and nothing more.
Nothing is "plain and obvious" with you since you've repeatedly shown yourself to be a jackass.

Please explain why you believe users need to play WIS games under one name, but post in the forums under another?

And offer some evidence to back up your contention that bad_luck is doing so.

Oh, sorry . . . you don;t like to provide evidence to back up your assertions.  My bad.
2/27/2013 9:31 AM
biz is a dumbass but he's right.

If badluck plays under another name while posting under this one, it's because he doesn't want other users to know he's an *******.  As someone who is often referred to as an *******, I know that users I don't recognize have said "I'd never play in a world with MikeT23.  He's an *******."  Which is fine.  I don't want to play in worlds with thin-skinned *******.   So we're good.   badluck doesn't want to wear the hat.   Which kind of makes him a *****, IMO.

If badluck doesn't play the WifS games, he's just here to stir up trouble.  Which he obviously does.   Therefore, he's a troll.

None of this can be disputed.
2/27/2013 9:38 AM
Bis just wants me to go away because I embarrass him.

That's funny given you're too embarrassed to admit your hide behind another user name in order to cause trouble on the boards.
Nothing is "plain and obvious" with you since you've repeatedly shown yourself to be a jackass.

More personal attacks for no reason. You just never give up with the logical fallacies, do you?

It was very plain and obvious I wasn't talking about real names but user names.
Please explain why you believe users need to play WIS games under one name, but post in the forums under another?
This is NOT what I believe. In fact, it's essentially the opposite.

I believe you should post on the forums with the user name you use to play the games. To hide behind another user name means you have no credibility whatsoever.
And offer some evidence to back up your contention that bad_luck is doing so.

So you clearly haven't been reading any of it I've posted so far.

To summarize: BL shows only one season of GD which is not currently active.

So he either doesn't play the games at all anymore and simply trolls the boards looking to argue and cause problems, or he plays the games using another user name, meaning he hides behind this one to troll the boards looking to argue and cause problems.
If badluck doesn't play the WifS games, he's just here to stir up trouble.  Which he obviously does.   Therefore, he's a troll. None of this can be disputed.
EXACTLY.

Either he doesn't play the games and is just here to cause trouble, or he hides behind this user name in order to cause trouble.

2/27/2013 9:47 AM
Meh, I don't think badluck is any more a troll than anyone else around here.  If anything, the thin-skinned part might be right, and biz has set-up shop inside that thin skin like a tick (I wish I had a backwoods homily right now... y'know, "Like a thirsty tick on Robin Williams' back", or something like that)

He and biz just can't stand that the other exists AND disagrees.  Neither will listen (or learn).  It's like Earl Weaver and Ron Luciano.  Or Pat Buchanan and Eleanor Clift.
2/27/2013 11:15 AM
Like a hungry tick on a fat dog's ***?
2/27/2013 11:35 AM
Hey, I'm from the suburbs.  I wouldn't know a tick if it bit me.
2/27/2013 12:11 PM
◂ Prev 1...56|57|58|59|60 Next ▸
Makes me sick... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.