Re-signing after traded Topic

I really wasn't really defending the deal, Mike. I was just stating that I may have been the only one to engage him in trade chat..and he stated that he was anxious to free up the salary. He said he couldn't make any moves because he was maxed. I expected to have to defend the deal itself..but the conspiracy theories after the fact are beyond ridiculous.
2/12/2013 11:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 2/12/2013 10:01:00 PM (view original):
The world let it happen.  Own it.

Well, that's a whole other issue..
2/12/2013 11:38 PM
Yes, remember that I accepted the offer Friday night because I knew that the least # of owners would see the trade during the veto period. Part of my grand scheme. 
2/13/2013 8:56 AM
Posted by dmurphy104 on 2/12/2013 11:02:00 PM (view original):
I really wasn't really defending the deal, Mike. I was just stating that I may have been the only one to engage him in trade chat..and he stated that he was anxious to free up the salary. He said he couldn't make any moves because he was maxed. I expected to have to defend the deal itself..but the conspiracy theories after the fact are beyond ridiculous.
You and I know that makes no difference in the world of trade rape.    It's just a horrible deal for him.  He got two players that might make the bigs but should be cut loose as soon as they ask for 1m.   Role players.  You got a pitcher who is probably one of the top 5 in the world.   As a n00b, he may not realize how bad the deal is.  As a n00b, once he realizes how bad it is, he may just pick up and start over in another world.   Now that's not your problem but you now have a depleted team, that won't get a Type A comp pick, to fill.

You've been around long enough to know it's a bad deal for the world.   That said, it wasn't vetoed so maybe the world got what it deserved.
2/13/2013 9:54 AM
My only question, is why the heck did this swap not get vetoed?  A whole bunch of owners were asleep at the wheel.
2/16/2013 12:10 PM
◂ Prev 12
Re-signing after traded Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.