Seble, are you alive? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
The game engine is working better than ever.   Better to not make changes then to make ones that hurt the game.

Is it todays X-Box generation that needs constant change to stay satisfied?
2/19/2013 9:03 PM
I agree the engine is pretty solid. It's the periodic tweaks that could make the game so much better: job process, recruiting fine tuning, updated user guides.
2/19/2013 9:28 PM
I think the game is great as is...I'm 29 and I feel like in general, the more "improvements" that are made to a game, the worse it gets.  My favorite Madden is 2005, my favorite NCAA Football is 2004, my favorite basketball game is NBA 2K5, my favorite baseball and hockey games are SNES titles and my favorite soccer game is FIFA 2006.

Obviously these aren't directly related to WIS and/or "text" games, however the basic principles hold true...you can't turn games into overly-complex, pseudo-annoying rubix cubes, just because people are "clamoring" for change(s) and/or you're trying to add a new feature to push "next year's" game/product.

And not to bash Scott too much here, I don't necessarily trust in him making game engine/situation changes because I guess I feel like he's more likely to screw something up as oppose to improving a presumed flaw...part of this statement is fueled by my love of HD as is, but part of it is also staked on me seeing him make Michael Jackson's face out of the NBA sim...

2/19/2013 10:10 PM
Posted by willowcards2 on 2/19/2013 7:59:00 PM (view original):
SEBLE is a loser, must be a UK kitty cat fan and pouting.
Ah, so willow hates UK. I like you. 88-58
2/20/2013 12:02 AM
Posted by mduncanhogs on 2/19/2013 6:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by taniajane on 2/19/2013 5:59:00 PM (view original):
not sure why the topic  is hidden???? Isnt that like hiding someone asking a question if customer service still exists?
My guess is a WIS moderator hid it so it wouldn't start a mini riot.
By default, threads below a certain star rating are hidden from view.  I turned that **** off because I don't trust any of you guys to decide what I want or don't want to read.
2/20/2013 9:58 AM
i really dont think it was WIS who voted it down, but maybe. would be surprised though... isnt it emy's nearly identical posts in both threads that are the only ones hidden?

or am i understanding that wrong - and you vote on threads, as well as posts? i just see the button for posts but ive been known to miss stuff like that in the past :O
2/20/2013 11:07 AM
didn't we just get an update about a month ago?
2/20/2013 12:23 PM
Sorry, I meant posts.  I don't know about threads.  Could it be that by thumbs-downing the original post, it affects the thread?  Again, I dunno.
2/20/2013 12:43 PM
I'd like to see admin comment on conference re-alignment for the future.  That would be an easy change to the game without messing with the engine.
2/20/2013 1:14 PM
Conference re-alignment is highly, highly unlikely.
2/20/2013 1:30 PM
Conference realignment would be a ***** to undergo even if they didn't have to worry about coaches freaking out about having their superconferences dismantled. 

Honestly, the much-maligned job logic is probably one of the easiest things to change. 
2/20/2013 1:49 PM
Agree. One thing I'd like to see, for instance, that would be pretty easy is a chance to the auto-adjust positioning. Right now, you can basically turn it off or let it go +/- 2. I'd love to see an option where you could turn auto-adjust on but make a maximum adjustment of +/- 1. I'm not so confident in my strategies that I don't think a little tinkering couldn't help them, but I've auto-adjusted into some idiotic defenses. 

This is another thing that would be very, very easy to implement.
2/20/2013 4:17 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Seble, are you alive? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.