Cough, Cough Topic

we are gonna regret  this stupid move as early as next year , Schneids is gonna kick a$$ next year in NJ ..playing in a winning organization unlike the comedy show we have here in Vancouver
6/30/2013 7:53 PM
we couldve had Kadri and another prospect if Gillis wasnt such a douche bag and waited to long 

6/30/2013 7:55 PM
I like what Booth has to offer , guy that goes to the net ,is fearless ,we dont have enough of those guys . give him a full season and Booth will prove his worth 
6/30/2013 7:59 PM
Lol at the Canucks, didn't get enough for Schneider and stuck with Luongo.
6/30/2013 9:49 PM
Posted by randle44 on 6/30/2013 6:43:00 PM (view original):
Yea that is class , Bolland wins the cup for the Hawks and gets traded for picks the week afterwards ..you guys are one heck of a classy organization !!
Offense production was down and susceptible to injuries; have enough young prospects ready to take his and Frolik's place.  With the cap there are going to be some moves that fans hate from a sentimental view but are crucial to signing your core in the future.  This won't hurt the Hawks at all, too much depth in the minors.
6/30/2013 9:51 PM
Posted by jiml60 on 6/30/2013 9:49:00 PM (view original):
What did YOU guys get for HUET??
6/30/2013 10:58 PM
Cap relief and the chance for Crawford to take over the starting job...I think it turned out pretty good.
7/1/2013 10:13 AM
Cory Schneider was a UFA in just two years?  We would be forced to sign Cory to a LUONGO type contract extension, or let Cory walk for nothing in just TWO YEARS?

We got a top ten pick (usually reserved for bottom dwelling teams) and we still have an ALL STAR GOALIE.  In two years both Eddie Lack and Joacim  Eriksson will be NHL ready. 

We got plenty for Schneider. 
7/1/2013 7:53 PM
Posted by randle44 on 6/30/2013 7:59:00 PM (view original):
I like what Booth has to offer , guy that goes to the net ,is fearless ,we dont have enough of those guys . give him a full season and Booth will prove his worth 
Booth can not be bought out because he is injured.  So he will get his chance to prove his worth, unless the Canucks sign someone during free agency.......Then Booth to waivers.  Either he gets claimed off waivers or sent to the minors and bought out next season.  Booth did look good when he was healthy, but then he got injured AGAIN.  I guess we may never know his worth, because he is always injured.
7/1/2013 8:08 PM
Posted by juskay on 7/1/2013 7:53:00 PM (view original):
Cory Schneider was a UFA in just two years?  We would be forced to sign Cory to a LUONGO type contract extension, or let Cory walk for nothing in just TWO YEARS?

We got a top ten pick (usually reserved for bottom dwelling teams) and we still have an ALL STAR GOALIE.  In two years both Eddie Lack and Joacim  Eriksson will be NHL ready. 

"Cory Schneider was a UFA in just two years?"
Are you asking me or making a statement here?  You really need to get your punctuation straight.

Why would you be forced to sign him to another dumb contract?  Would your GM make the same mistake twice?  Plus aren't those long contracts out of vogue now, especially with this hard cap?

Maybe you got enough for Schneider but you are still stuck with Luongo and his cap mess.

7/1/2013 10:54 PM

Skonley, I think this thread needs a new title; something to reflect what happened last Monday.
7/1/2013 10:55 PM
Posted by jiml60 on 7/1/2013 10:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by juskay on 7/1/2013 7:53:00 PM (view original):

"Cory Schneider was a UFA in just two years?"
Are you asking me or making a statement here?  You really need to get your punctuation straight.

Why would you be forced to sign him to another dumb contract?  Would your GM make the same mistake twice?  Plus aren't those long contracts out of vogue now, especially with this hard cap?

Maybe you got enough for Schneider but you are still stuck with Luongo and his cap mess.

Making a statement. 
7/1/2013 11:25 PM
Our GM didn't sign Luongo to that contract. Torontos GM signed Luo to that contract.
7/1/2013 11:46 PM
Posted by styckman on 7/1/2013 11:46:00 PM (view original):
Our GM didn't sign Luongo to that contract. Torontos GM signed Luo to that contract.

Styckman, it was Gillis who signed Luongo to the ALBATROSS 12 year 64 million dollar contract extensiion in 2009.

7/3/2013 1:59 AM
Congrats on post 1000 above juskay!!  ^

. My bad. At the risk of becoming a target of randles, I like Luo but did think it was time to move on. My only hope now is that Luo can take this team on his back and lead them to better times. I think Luo had more supporters( in Vancouver fans) then haters. Every Edmonton/Vancouver game I attend in EDM I've noticed that there are as many Canuck jerseys as Oilers. Usually about 1/3 of those jerseys are Luongo jerseys so it's plain to see he is still a popular player.

Basiclly I think Luongo has all the skills. He just needs a better mental game.
7/3/2013 1:20 PM
◂ Prev 1...20|21|22|23 Next ▸
Cough, Cough Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.