Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Cookie Cruz

if this dude wasn't such a beast... he might be a good player to learn from whether or not the pitch order makes a difference. 
2/27/2013 8:17 PM
 Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Benito Rosado

P2 is 19 points higher than P1.  Great control, decent splits in his prime.  It's a sample size of 1, but you should be able to find similar players with P1/P2 reversed to contrast.  I can't speak to the defenses behind him in prior seasons, but the portions of two seasons he spent with me have been in front of a well above average defense.
2/27/2013 8:39 PM
Since it isn't a pitch-by-pitch process a pitcher doesn't really have an "out" pitch.  Unless I'm wrong and it is pitch-by-pitch.

2/27/2013 10:33 PM
I think its a single at-bat not pitch by pitch, the pitchers 'effectivness' ratings (accuracy, splits, pitch rating) vs. (eye, splits, contact) for the batter generate a certain pitch count number for the at-bat, but its just a single calculation with all the other calculations once it determines a ball is put in play vs. a walk, hit batter, or strikeout.
2/28/2013 8:26 AM
True but his "out pitch" or pitch #1 can be given more weight in the formula than an identical pitch #2
2/28/2013 2:00 PM
I say look at vR, control, P1, and kind of average out his other pitches. 

If he's good in all those and also good on vL, that's icing on the cake. 

If he's great on vL but sucks in any of the aforementioned ratings, he sucks, don't get suckered in by that pretty 90 vL.

3/1/2013 9:19 PM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Hal Parrott

My rookie of the year candidate says "quit generalizing".
3/2/2013 10:32 AM
Ya but the 2nd earth was to determine the ultimate questiion which ended up being "What is six times seven."

On-topic, I've noticed 80 for pich#1, the pitcher's out pitch, is needed. Anything under 80 needs to be complimented heavily with other stats, but I still don't think it's worth having any guy less than 80 1st pitch and I'd maybe go as low as 77 control.  Walking batters is how decent pitchers lose games, especially relievers. Your opponent can do a lot with 1 walk, even if your pitcher is a beast.

3/3/2013 6:33 PM
Actually the question turned out to be "What is six times nine." Which just proves there is something fundamentally wrong with the universe.
3/3/2013 9:31 PM
I wish I'd seen this thread before I posted all my secrets on the Mantle WC.
3/4/2013 5:50 PM
◂ Prev 123

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.