SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Tsut30...you only get one valid idol guess per day
4/14/2013 12:33 PM
Challenge #9: What You Have All Been Waiting For!

Yes, it is finally time for the POKER challenge. The poker game will begin on Tuesday at 8:30pm EST. We would like anyone who is playing to be registered by 8:00pm EST!

We are posting this challenge early so that all participants can download the software and make sure that it works. In the past, Survivor has used NoPayPoker…I tried to update today and my Norton antivirus said that it was unsafe. I ignored the warning and pop-up adds were appearing everywhere. My account also had zero dollars, so I needed to “earn” more money by subscribing to websites.

So this season, we are using a different website…www.pokerstars.net. Ghutton and I tested the software yesterday, and everything worked perfectly! The instructions are below:

You are invited to join my private poker club for Home Games online
- If you don't already have it, download the free PokerStars software from www.pokerstars.net
- Open the main poker lobby, then click on the Home Games tab
- Click the 'Join a Poker Club' button
- Enter my Club ID number: 753122
- Enter my Invitation Code: bcsmidmajor

The winner of The Masters challenge will be allowed to have 4 members in the poker game, while the losing tribe will receive 3 entries. Wait, that’s only 7 poker players…so who else will be at the table? Well, it will be none other than your Survivor XII hosts…Ghutton9 and Horvie78! We know that some of you would love to kick our a**, so here is your chance! 

We ask that each tribe by former determine who will be playing and register for the PokerStars “Home Game” group ASAP. Also, we suggest that each tribe register an alternate member to our “Home Game” group, just in case something comes up.  Captains must sitemail survivorxii with their list of players (and an alternate) by Tuesday at 7pm EST.

The Survivor XII contestant who lasts the longest will earn their tribe immunity. The other tribe will vote to send a member to Redemption Island. If the winning Survivor XII contestant also outlasts Ghutton and Horvie, their tribe will receive an advantage in the next challenge.
4/27/2013 10:56 PM (edited)
Doubleday Field in Cooperstown
4/14/2013 1:43 PM
Posted by horvie78 on 4/14/2013 12:38:00 PM (view original):
Challenge #9: What You Have All Been Waiting For!

Yes, it is finally time for the POKER challenge. The poker game will begin on Tuesday at 8:30pm EST. We would like anyone who is playing to be registered by 8:00pm EST!

We are posting this challenge early so that all participants can download the software and make sure that it works. In the past, Survivor has used NoPayPoker…I tried to update today and my Norton antivirus said that it was unsafe. I ignored the warning and pop-up adds were appearing everywhere. My account also had zero dollars, so I needed to “earn” more money by subscribing to websites.

So this season, we are using a different website…www.pokerstars.net. Ghutton and I tested the software yesterday, and everything worked perfectly! The instructions are below:

You are invited to join my private poker club for Home Games online
- If you don't already have it, download the free PokerStars software from www.pokerstars.net
- Open the main poker lobby, then click on the Home Games tab
- Click the 'Join a Poker Club' button
- Enter my Club ID number: 753122
- Enter my Invitation Code: bcsmidmajor

The winner of The Masters challenge will be allowed to have 4 members in the poker game, while the losing tribe will receive 3 entries. Wait, that’s only 7 poker players…so who else will be at the table? Well, it will be none other than your Survivor XII hosts…Ghutton9 and Horvie78! We know that some of you would love to kick our a**, so here is your chance! 

We ask that each tribe determine who will be playing and register for the PokerStars “Home Game” group ASAP. Also, we suggest that each tribe register an alternate member to our “Home Game” group, just in case something comes up.  Captains must sitemail survivorxii with their list of players (and an alternate) by Tuesday at 7pm EST.

The Survivor XII contestant who lasts the longest will earn their tribe immunity. The other tribe will vote to send a member to Redemption Island. If the winning Survivor XII contestant also outlasts Ghutton and Horvie, their tribe will receive an advantage in the next challenge.
I download the iPad app - can we get to the tourney site via this device?
4/14/2013 2:09 PM
Not sure...try it and let us know.
4/14/2013 2:35 PM
can we use freepoker.org so I dont have to download anything? Making a room is easy and no download needed. If your not changing it then im not downloading it sorry
4/14/2013 2:52 PM
Posted by horvie78 on 4/14/2013 2:35:00 PM (view original):
Tried and they don't have the same options
4/14/2013 3:41 PM
Posted by phillyboy107 on 4/14/2013 2:52:00 PM (view original):
can we use freepoker.org so I dont have to download anything? Making a room is easy and no download needed. If your not changing it then im not downloading it sorry
I took a look at freepoker.org.  Unless I'm missing something, it looks like you need 100,000 chips to create your own table and I only have 5,600.  Plus the tables are not password protected, so it would be difficult to get the 9 of us seated at the table before some random person enters.  

We will use pokerstars.net.  Not everybody from the tribe is required to play.  
4/14/2013 4:00 PM
730 eastern is a crappy time considering how many of us are central or west of there.
4/14/2013 5:43 PM
Posted by kneeneighbor on 4/14/2013 5:43:00 PM (view original):
730 eastern is a crappy time considering how many of us are central or west of there.
The quickest way to failure is to try & please everyone...
4/14/2013 5:52 PM
Maybe I am different but I would have a much easier time saying I am playing poker and staying up a little late then ditching my family around dinner time to play cards.
4/14/2013 6:09 PM
I also have to say that playing Survivor here and Mafia on the other forum boards I visit has totaly blown m mind over the past week.
4/14/2013 6:12 PM
Posted by horvie78 on 4/14/2013 2:35:00 PM (view original):
I was messing around with the app, not sure if I can access it from the ipad.  That would be ideal for me, but we'll see.
4/14/2013 6:39 PM
You're gonna have people complaining about the time regardless of when its hosted. A good time out west would be possible bedtime for those in the east. Not to mention people working various shifts and such... It's obviously not going to be convenient for every single player.
4/14/2013 6:42 PM
Posted by kneeneighbor on 4/14/2013 5:43:00 PM (view original):
The time is actually 8:30 EST.  Any later and the time becomes unfair for those who live in the Eastern time zone, especially considering it is a weeknight.  
4/14/2013 7:18 PM
◂ Prev 1...39|40|41|42|43...95 Next ▸
SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.