SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Ahrens team has won the challenge with 6 and possible more runs. I will post his teams results tomorrow just to show it. Ahrens still has players playing, but I'm done for the night.
5/26/2013 1:14 AM
Posted by dublinuf on 5/25/2013 8:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ahrens on 5/22/2013 7:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by caesari on 5/22/2013 7:35:00 PM (view original):
No one cares who wins second. There is some food for thought.

WHo was the runner up in the 1914 election of Woodrow Wilson? See? That's my point. And don't tell me you know, cuz we all know you googled it.

Not sure what my point is here, but providing ammunition. Either side is welcome to it.
1914 didn't have an election.  1912 did, and Theodore Roosevelt was 2nd I believe.  Also Howard Taft was in the election (he got 3rd).  Or if you meant the election of 1916, no idea who was 2nd there.
In fairness to caesari, since he gave a non presidential year, he could have just as easily meant the 1916 Woodrow Wilson election, which unlike the one before it it didn't see Teddy Roosevelt fail to get the Republican nomination, start his own party and thus break a near stranglehold for the Republicans on the top office by splitting the Republican vote. (For the record, Republicans won the office in 1896, 1900, 1904, 1908, 1920, 1924 and 1928, losing only the Wilson years until the Great Depression allowed FDR to come to power.

Now, who came in second in 1916, that is a tough question. Even I had to look it up, largely because it bugged me that I didn't know. That said, what it really proves is that different years have different levels on importance on the election. Much like I remember polabonez finishing second to bellatrix in this game, but couldn't tell you for the life of me who mr_mojo beat.

Just going off the top of my head, though, Presidential losers I can do without looking it up.

1800: John Adams
1824: Andrew Jackson
1828: John Quincy Adams
1856: Fairbanks (first republican nominee)
1860: Stephen Douglas, Bell and Breckinridge
1876: Samuel Tilden (in an election he really won but three states pretended he didn't
1888: Grover Cleveland
1892: Benjamin Harrison
1896: William Jennings Bryan (Cross of Gold Speech)
1912; Teddy Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Eugene V. Debs
1932: Herbert Hoover
1948: Thomas Dewey (No matter what the papers in Chicago said)
1960: Richard Nixon
1964: Barry Goldwater
1972: George McGovern (After the Nixon campaign managed to kill the Muskie campaign early)
1976; Gerald Ford
1980: Jimmy Carter and some third party guy named Anderson
1984: Walter Mondale
1988: Micahel Dukakis
1992: George HW Bush
1996: Bob Dole
2000: Al Gore and Ralph Nader 
2004: John Kerry
2008: John McCain
2012: Mitt Romney

(Obviously, in my lifetime, its less about significance than me remembering the elections)
"Much like I remember polabonez finishing second to bellatrix in this game, but couldn't tell you for the life of me who mr_mojo beat."

In one of the most amazing GD Survivor performances of all time, mr_mojo beat a rookie castaway (stevedotdec) in the finals by a final vote of 5-2.  Lots of bitter jurors that season, for whatever reason (for example, a member of our alliance that I promised a final five deal with was upset when we voted him out in 4th place).  Regardless, dubs was so impressed with my performance that he invited me to co-host with him the following season...and then apparently forgot about the entire experience years later...
5/26/2013 2:26 AM
Also, I think Ross Perot was a "notable" loser in the 90's, maybe the 92 election?
5/26/2013 2:30 AM
Posted by ghutton9 on 5/26/2013 1:14:00 AM (view original):
Ahrens team has won the challenge with 6 and possible more runs. I will post his teams results tomorrow just to show it. Ahrens still has players playing, but I'm done for the night.
Votes are due by 8pm EST
5/26/2013 12:21 PM
With the holiday I actually have no idea how this vote is going. Should be interesting.
5/26/2013 7:54 PM
We are still waiting on votes.  Due to the holiday, I am going to extend the voting deadline.  If you have not voted, submit your vote ASAP.

If you would like to play an idol, sitemail survivorxii instead of posting on the forum.  This is the last opportunity to play an idol.
5/26/2013 8:43 PM
Posted by horvie78 on 5/26/2013 8:43:00 PM (view original):
We are still waiting on votes.  Due to the holiday, I am going to extend the voting deadline.  If you have not voted, submit your vote ASAP.

If you would like to play an idol, sitemail survivorxii instead of posting on the forum.  This is the last opportunity to play an idol.
Point of Paramentrian procedure, if a Survivor misses an expulsion vote at this stage of the game, the player is disqualified - immunity or not. Survivor is as much about execution, especially towards the end, as picking the right combo of teams/players.

I thereby petition the commissioner to expel all players whom did not adhere to the previously stated 7pm voting deadline.Any other determination then expulsion would make this game a farce for not following the rules.
5/26/2013 8:59 PM
Posted by sjurat on 5/26/2013 9:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by horvie78 on 5/26/2013 8:43:00 PM (view original):

Point of Paramentrian procedure, if a Survivor misses an expulsion vote at this stage of the game, the player is disqualified - immunity or not. Survivor is as much about execution, especially towards the end, as picking the right combo of teams/players.

I thereby petition the commissioner to expel all players whom did not adhere to the previously stated 7pm voting deadline.Any other determination then expulsion would make this game a farce for not following the rules.
Immunity was declared far too late on a holiday weekend to really uphold that. But if that is what they decide, so be it.
5/26/2013 10:13 PM
Immunity? That was declared well ahead of time. I stayed up late last night to make sure it was stated early enough to give people all day to decided.
5/27/2013 12:47 AM
a crappy way to end the game, but it is what it is...

VOTING RESULTS

1 vote for mb625
3 votes for sjurat
sjurat is voted out and joins the jury

polabonez did not vote...he already received his warning, so he is disqualified and will not join the jury.  Da_goat will take his place on the jury.  Phillyboy107 is now the alternate juror.

Let it be known that shoe21 submitted his vote late.  If his vote was not accepted, the voting results would have been the same and shoe21 would have received his warning.  If you feel this is unfair, then so be it...the power is in the jury's hands now...we do not decide the winner.  We felt like giving some extra time was the right thing to do on a holiday weekend...people have plans and are with their families.

The final 3 will consist of ahrens, mb625, and shoe21.  Instructions for the final 3 will be given tomorrow evening.  Enjoy your day off!
5/27/2013 10:52 AM
Wow... I'll take going to the final 3 however I can get it. Good luck to you guys! May the best man win!
5/27/2013 12:00 PM
Well Ahrens, nicely played.
5/27/2013 2:27 PM
Posted by stevedotdec on 5/26/2013 2:26:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dublinuf on 5/25/2013 8:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ahrens on 5/22/2013 7:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by caesari on 5/22/2013 7:35:00 PM (view original):
No one cares who wins second. There is some food for thought.

WHo was the runner up in the 1914 election of Woodrow Wilson? See? That's my point. And don't tell me you know, cuz we all know you googled it.

Not sure what my point is here, but providing ammunition. Either side is welcome to it.
1914 didn't have an election.  1912 did, and Theodore Roosevelt was 2nd I believe.  Also Howard Taft was in the election (he got 3rd).  Or if you meant the election of 1916, no idea who was 2nd there.
In fairness to caesari, since he gave a non presidential year, he could have just as easily meant the 1916 Woodrow Wilson election, which unlike the one before it it didn't see Teddy Roosevelt fail to get the Republican nomination, start his own party and thus break a near stranglehold for the Republicans on the top office by splitting the Republican vote. (For the record, Republicans won the office in 1896, 1900, 1904, 1908, 1920, 1924 and 1928, losing only the Wilson years until the Great Depression allowed FDR to come to power.

Now, who came in second in 1916, that is a tough question. Even I had to look it up, largely because it bugged me that I didn't know. That said, what it really proves is that different years have different levels on importance on the election. Much like I remember polabonez finishing second to bellatrix in this game, but couldn't tell you for the life of me who mr_mojo beat.

Just going off the top of my head, though, Presidential losers I can do without looking it up.

1800: John Adams
1824: Andrew Jackson
1828: John Quincy Adams
1856: Fairbanks (first republican nominee)
1860: Stephen Douglas, Bell and Breckinridge
1876: Samuel Tilden (in an election he really won but three states pretended he didn't
1888: Grover Cleveland
1892: Benjamin Harrison
1896: William Jennings Bryan (Cross of Gold Speech)
1912; Teddy Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, Eugene V. Debs
1932: Herbert Hoover
1948: Thomas Dewey (No matter what the papers in Chicago said)
1960: Richard Nixon
1964: Barry Goldwater
1972: George McGovern (After the Nixon campaign managed to kill the Muskie campaign early)
1976; Gerald Ford
1980: Jimmy Carter and some third party guy named Anderson
1984: Walter Mondale
1988: Micahel Dukakis
1992: George HW Bush
1996: Bob Dole
2000: Al Gore and Ralph Nader 
2004: John Kerry
2008: John McCain
2012: Mitt Romney

(Obviously, in my lifetime, its less about significance than me remembering the elections)
"Much like I remember polabonez finishing second to bellatrix in this game, but couldn't tell you for the life of me who mr_mojo beat."

In one of the most amazing GD Survivor performances of all time, mr_mojo beat a rookie castaway (stevedotdec) in the finals by a final vote of 5-2.  Lots of bitter jurors that season, for whatever reason (for example, a member of our alliance that I promised a final five deal with was upset when we voted him out in 4th place).  Regardless, dubs was so impressed with my performance that he invited me to co-host with him the following season...and then apparently forgot about the entire experience years later...
If it makes you feel better Steve, I remember that ginevra came in sixth that year, but it helps that my kids refer to him as Uncle Scott, and he makes reference to it frequently.
5/27/2013 2:44 PM
Tyson gets eliminated from not voting?  wtf?
5/27/2013 3:06 PM
Posted by Arfy on 5/27/2013 3:06:00 PM (view original):
Tyson gets eliminated from not voting?  wtf?
I'm guessing it was either deliberate or he got arrested.  You should start a poll.
5/27/2013 3:24 PM
◂ Prev 1...83|84|85|86|87...95 Next ▸
SURVIVOR XII: Ahrens Crowned Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.