ODL SEASON XLII (FULL) wait list Topic

putting together draft order tonite PDT and I'll sm.  Will begin Off the clock 3/15    
3/14/2013 9:12 PM
I think I'll call my team "The East Village Board Lords".  The "east village" is part of downtown San Diego...
3/14/2013 11:39 PM
seapilot...one last clarification..  In earlier post you state that top 5 picks must play the most minutes at end of season.   You said it was in the rules.  So therefore one must be careful not to draft a 6th round player that has a lot of minutes allowed...right?  It would be possible that I could not get all this players minutes into the season.  Just asking because there are a lot of difficulties building a team without knowing who will be available at your next pick and understanding the nuances helps.  Thank you.
3/15/2013 11:29 AM
Posted by tadmand on 3/15/2013 11:29:00 AM (view original):
seapilot...one last clarification..  In earlier post you state that top 5 picks must play the most minutes at end of season.   You said it was in the rules.  So therefore one must be careful not to draft a 6th round player that has a lot of minutes allowed...right?  It would be possible that I could not get all this players minutes into the season.  Just asking because there are a lot of difficulties building a team without knowing who will be available at your next pick and understanding the nuances helps.  Thank you.
rule 2) must start 5 or your 7 picks
and at the end of the seasons top 5 players must have most minutes.
conceivably your 7th pick could be one of your top 5 in mins. played.
It isn't the top five picks it's 5 of your 7 picks.
I believe the spirit of the rule tries to prevent tanking or purposely losing
in order to gain an unfair advantage for the next seasons' draft.
Since losing 60+ games probably assures #1 overall.
Most first time players will have trouble competing in this league.
Because some of the best long time owners are here. 
Hope this doesn't discourage anyone because there's always next season.
If your knowledgable in team building you'll be fine.  If not this is a great
league to learn.  Especially since there is a long history and a great deal
of drafting and team composition in past theme drafts to study.
Maybe some of the league veterans will have some advice on playing
the 7 drafted players.
3/15/2013 12:09 PM
◂ Prev 123456
ODL SEASON XLII (FULL) wait list Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.