SUCK IT, PATSIES!! Topic

I did for 3 months.  I don't want to anymore.
3/25/2013 9:42 AM
I also described the reasons why I wasn't going to discuss Brady anymore.  Several times. 
3/25/2013 9:44 AM
Well I won't be discussing Rodgers until someone provides a description of at least one real play where Brady supposedly shows some kind of "elite" skill or "great" ability, et cetera.

So far only blomar has attempted this with lame video clips that don't even show what he somehow thinks they show.

You haven't even tried one time - I believe that's because you are smart enough to realize I've backed you into a corner you can't possibly get out of here, as there are precious few plays in which Brady uses skills to do something a competent replacement NFL QB could also have done. I've even said it has probably happened, but again, it would take painstaking research to find such a play, because I'm sure it doesn't happen often.

So I'll just revel in the knowledge that my point has been made and only those in denial can keep spouting Brady's supposed greatness without providing the evidence I'm begging to read all about.  Face it - the guy's "great" plays are so rare because he's just not that **** great.

3/25/2013 10:08 AM
Well I won't be discussing Brady anymore.  Funny that nobody has provided a description of at least one real play where Rodgers supposedly shows some kind of "elite" skill or "great" ability, et cetera. 

You haven't even tried one time - I believe that's because you are smart enough to realize I've backed you into a corner you can't possibly get out of here, as there are precious few plays in which Rodgers uses skills to do something a competent replacement NFL QB could also have done. I've even said it has probably happened, but again, it would take painstaking research to find such a play, because I'm sure it doesn't happen often.

So I'll just revel in the knowledge that my point has been made and only those in denial can keep spouting Rodgers's supposed greatness without providing the evidence I'm begging to read all about.  Face it - the guy's "great" plays are so rare because he's just not that **** great.

LOL *<rolls eyes>*

3/25/2013 10:16 AM
Posted by bistiza on 3/25/2013 9:15:00 AM (view original):
And we finally get somewhere. We have a stat for that: DVOA (Defense Adjusted Value Over Average).

This "stat" is a joke. If I want to I can make up stats that say the opposite of what this says, and it all means nothing.

Brady's lack of skills and abilities are obvious when you watch him play and even attempt to compare him to anyone with real skills. He relies on a system and the talent of others, then gets the hype assigned to him by people like you who place all their faith in team wins and statistics that don't show what you think they show.

How is that stat a joke? It gives you exactly what you asked for.
3/25/2013 10:23 AM
The stat is flawed.  It's designed by people who obviously drink the Rodgers kool-aid, and designed a stat that fits what they "think" happens on the field.  If they put together a stat that accurately showed the talent of the QBs in question, we would see that Rodgers, in fact, is not much better than the average QB.  But if they found that stat, the "experts" would likely throw the stat out because it didn't fit their original bias. LOL.
3/25/2013 10:31 AM
BL,

What I'm asking for is a description of a single play where Brady's supposed "elite" skills or abilities are shown. No one has provided one, and there have been very few attempts made.

As for the stat itself, I seriously question how someone (so far you haven't even said who) supposedly came to determine this so-called statistic, how valid that method is, or how accurate it is. THAT is why it's a joke.
3/25/2013 10:41 AM
It's a widely used stat. Five seconds with google will tell you all you need to know.

One play doesn't prove anything. But an entire body of work shows that Brady is a great QB.
3/25/2013 11:19 AM
I'm asking you to find a single example from that entire body of work. Surely one example SHOULD BE easy to find in such a supposedly "great" body of work, yet you can't seem to get it done. Perhaps that's because it's not so easy.
3/25/2013 11:34 AM
Posted by bistiza on 3/25/2013 11:34:00 AM (view original):
I'm asking you to find a single example from that entire body of work. Surely one example SHOULD BE easy to find in such a supposedly "great" body of work, yet you can't seem to get it done. Perhaps that's because it's not so easy.
You don't think there is one play that shows Brady has elite skills?
3/25/2013 12:37 PM
I think there are probably a few plays Brady has made that a QB who is average and competent may not have made in the exact same circumstances - but I think they are far fewer than you and the Brady cult seem to think.

I've challenged anyone who dares to provide me with a description of a single such occasion - Brady himself (not someone else) showcasing a real skill in a game situation where any competent NFL QB couldn't replace him and do the exact same thing.

I think it can be done, but that's beside the point, which is to show that doing it is much more difficult than you think it is.

So go ahead. Give me a description of a real game play that does what I ask for. No one has done it thus far.  I suspect they have tried but have discovered exactly what I said - it's much more difficult than they imagined it would be. The reason? Brady simply isn't as great as they thought, but of course they wouldn't admit that because that might mean having to admit I was right about Brady all along, and they can't bring themselves to do that.

3/25/2013 1:05 PM
So go ahead. Give me a description of a real game play that does what I ask for. No one has done it thus far.  I suspect they have tried but have discovered exactly what I said - it's much more difficult than they imagined it would be. The reason? Rodgers simply isn't as great as they thought, but of course they wouldn't admit that because that might mean having to admit I was right about Rodgers all along, and they can't bring themselves to do that.
3/25/2013 2:07 PM
As I said before, when you provide one for Brady, I'll do the same for Rodgers. I already have a number of plays in mind that I can readily use for Rodgers - good luck in your massive hunt for that elusive Brady play that shows his skills, because you're going to need it.
3/25/2013 2:17 PM
As, I said before, no.  I will assume you can't admit that I was right about Rodgers.
3/25/2013 2:18 PM
You can't make any such assumption since I've offered to provide the proof for Rodgers. It's merely conditional upon you doing the same for Brady.

Your refusal to provide evidence therefore does not equal my refusal, since I'm not refusing to do anything but am merely making it conditional upon your doing the same, which is entirely logical since I asked you for that information first.

3/25/2013 2:43 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...23 Next ▸
SUCK IT, PATSIES!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.