ODL - Season XLII Draft Board Topic

OK what memo did I miss about Olajuwon, He is a bit high maintenance(miss spelled) but his best seasons kick a**
3/16/2013 5:52 PM
Unfortunately poppapomp (#18 overall) will be at the beach (the dirty dog) this week with no inet access
until Thurs.  I'm going to draft for him and he may take it back again when he returns. 
My proclivity for drafting <25 win teams may sway his decision. 
If anyone wants to draft for him that's fine with me

I'm willing to submit it as a 2nd team no matter what.  Or I'll GC $10 if anyone else wants to draft and submit it as a 2nd.
Poppapomp does have the right of first refusal since he sm'd me in advance.  I really aprreciate the advance notice
and he is always welcome for next season LXIII.  Communication is the key to a great league and I'm sure the ODL
is a testament to that!
3/16/2013 6:11 PM
Posted by skypilot on 3/16/2013 5:52:00 PM (view original):
OK what memo did I miss about Olajuwon, He is a bit high maintenance(miss spelled) but his best seasons kick a**
I wouldn't consider drafting Olajuwon until late 2nd round (at the earliest).
3/16/2013 6:21 PM
I wouldn't consider drafting Olajuwon until late 2nd round (at the earliest).

Why nc???
3/16/2013 7:10 PM
Kevin Garnett
3/16/2013 7:15 PM
Im new, but i see Good efg and ft's, excellent defender, what keeps him from being a first rounder?
3/16/2013 7:15 PM
Larry Bird
3/16/2013 7:16 PM
Ok, I'll draft for Poppapomp and run a 2nd team if he does't want it. give me a couple of minutes and I'll pick.
3/16/2013 7:20 PM
Posted by smokey57 on 3/16/2013 7:20:00 PM (view original):
Ok, I'll draft for Poppapomp and run a 2nd team if he does't want it. give me a couple of minutes and I'll pick.

smokey that's fine. 
It's not that he doesn't want it.  He won't be available to draft until Thurs.
and doesn't want to hold up the league.  HE DOES HAVE THE RIGHT TO RETURN THIS
SEASON.  So you may just be drafting for him until he returns.  He might just wait until
next season to play. We'll know this Thurs. or Friday. If he does want the team with the
picks already made in his behalf IT'S HIS!
With that understanding you can pick in his place if he doesn't return your welcome
to submit it as a 2nd.

3/16/2013 7:30 PM
OK, seapilots. 18th takes Artis Gilmore
3/16/2013 7:32 PM
The Board Lords select - you know it....Julius Erving
3/16/2013 7:34 PM
I know I'll be putting a gun in my mouth later....
3/16/2013 7:37 PM
I'll try my hardest to pick a good team for Pappa, and draft in a conventional fashion...not my usual, "has smokey lost his mind"(again) fashion. That's why I took Gilmore, on my list the best big man left.
3/16/2013 7:46 PM
Thanks smokey57 for drafting the team for me . . .  and to seapilots, thanks for the support. I certainly do appreciate it.

It was a tough choice - Camping at the beach with friends, grilling tri-tip and brats, having a few (or more) cold ones or basketball. Hmmmmm, I think I'd go with . . . .

3/16/2013 7:47 PM
Run..do not walk...I repeat, run...for the beach!!!!  I'll cover you til Mon or Tues, depending on how much beer & brat's you have....
3/16/2013 8:11 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...22 Next ▸
ODL - Season XLII Draft Board Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.