DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

So many words.

I hope you feel just as strong about other "illogical" things that happen in the english language.
4/29/2013 8:44 AM
Biz,

At what point in your life did you decide to live a heterosexual lifestyle instead of a homosexual lifestyle?

Can you take us, step by step, through your thought process as you made your eventual choice of wanting women over men with respect to your sexuality?

What were the determining factors?
4/29/2013 10:01 AM
He swings both ways, don't let em tell ya different.
4/29/2013 10:28 AM
I hope you feel just as strong about other "illogical" things that happen in the english language.

I'm not really sure what you mean. I can tell you that  I evaluate every circumstance individually.
At what point in your life did you decide to live a heterosexual lifestyle instead of a homosexual lifestyle?

Can you take us, step by step, through your thought process as you made your eventual choice of wanting women over men with respect to your sexuality?

My personal decisions are not up for debate.

Most people make these decisions around the same time frame in life, have similar thought processes, and rely on a fairly standard set of determining factors, so there isn't much point in asking for my personal take on everything anyway.
4/29/2013 11:05 AM
Posted by bistiza on 4/29/2013 11:05:00 AM (view original):

I'm not really sure what you mean. I can tell you that  I evaluate every circumstance individually.

Most people make these decisions around the same time frame in life, have similar thought processes, and rely on a fairly standard set of determining factors, so there isn't much point in asking for my personal take on everything anyway.
There is a huge point in asking for how you came to that decision.

Virtually everybody else here is saying that they did not make a conscious choice; they did not go through a specific thought process; and they did not base it on any "standard" determining factors.   You're implying that you did.

I'm asking to hear exactly how you made that choice.
4/29/2013 11:10 AM
"I hope you feel just as strong about other "illogical" things that happen in the english language.

I'm not really sure what you mean. I can tell you that  I evaluate every circumstance individually."

I do as well.  Which is why I don't compare what a homosexual is to what a criminal is.
4/29/2013 11:13 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/29/2013 11:13:00 AM (view original):
"I hope you feel just as strong about other "illogical" things that happen in the english language.

I'm not really sure what you mean. I can tell you that  I evaluate every circumstance individually."

I do as well.  Which is why I don't compare what a homosexual is to what a criminal is.
Ha. According to bis you must apply the same rule to every situation. It's called logic.
4/29/2013 11:15 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/29/2013 11:10:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bistiza on 4/29/2013 11:05:00 AM (view original):

There is a huge point in asking for how you came to that decision.

Virtually everybody else here is saying that they did not make a conscious choice; they did not go through a specific thought process; and they did not base it on any "standard" determining factors.   You're implying that you did.

Bis is attracted to both sexes.
4/29/2013 11:16 AM
Virtually everybody else here is saying that they did not make a conscious choice; they did not go through a specific thought process; and they did not base it on any "standard" determining factors. 

Everyone makes these choices, goes through these processes, and uses determining factors.

Those who say they didn't are either somehow unaware of what they did (or overlooked it) or are in denial about having done it.
How does anyone make any choice? I'm not going to go through that for you - if you don't know, you can easily look up how people make choices.

At its fundamental level, sexuality is really no different than any other choice. We often assign it more meaning for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is its impact on our lives, but all choices are fundamentally the same when it comes to the decision-making process.

I don't compare what homosexuals and criminals are - clearly they can be mutually exclusive of one another, and that should be obvious. There is no necessary fundamental connection between the people who are assigned each of those terms.

However, we use the same logical parameters in defining what people are, and those parameters are based upon the ACTIONS of the individuals in question.

Whether we call those people lawyers, pilots, athletes, criminals, or homosexuals, in all cases it is based upon what the people DO rather than other factors such as what they "think they are", what they "feel", what they "are attracted to", or what they would "like to be".

Specifically:

A lawyer is a lawyer because they practice law, not because they "think they are" a lawyer.

A pilot is a pilot because they fly airplanes, not because they "are attracted to" airplanes.

An athlete is someone who attempts to use athletic skills, not someone who would simply "like to" use those skills but doesn't do so.

A criminal is a criminal because they take illegal action, not because they merely "think about" doing those things.

A homosexual is a homosexual because they have romantic and/or sexual encounters with someone of the same gender, not because they are merely "attracted to" those people.

Yet many of you want the term "homosexual" to have a special exemption to these rules for no reason other than your own personal or political agendas (or those of the propaganda you've bought into).

4/29/2013 11:56 AM
Virtually everybody else here is saying that they did not make a conscious choice; they did not go through a specific thought process; and they did not base it on any "standard" determining factors. 

Everyone makes these choices, goes through these processes, and uses determining factors. 

Those who say they didn't are either somehow unaware of what they did (or overlooked it) or are in denial about having done it.
How does anyone make any choice? I'm not going to go through that for you - if you don't know, you can easily look up how people make choices.

At its fundamental level, sexuality is really no different than any other choice. We often assign it more meaning for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is its impact on our lives, but all choices are fundamentally the same when it comes to the decision-making process.

So you're not going to share your specific thought process with us?

Is it because you never went through a specific thought process?
4/29/2013 12:01 PM
So you're not going to share your specific thought process with us?

Is it because you never went through a specific thought process?

It is impossible to make a decision without going through form of specific thought process.

I did so the same as everyone does on some level. Some people naturally spend more time on the decision than others, as people are different and make decisions differently. I'm simply not sharing the details with all of you.

4/29/2013 12:09 PM
"Yet many of you want the term "homosexual" to have a special exemption to these rules for no reason other than your own personal or political agendas (or those of the propaganda you've bought into)."

I have no agenda.  That's just what the word means.

Do you have a problem with the phrase "by the skin of your teeth?" It makes no logical sense.  
4/29/2013 12:24 PM
I have no agenda.  That's just what the word means.

That's what the word means according to the propaganda. You can tell that because it doesn't follow logical reasoning, as I just demonstrated for you using multiple other words that DO follow logical reasoning.
Do you have a problem with the phrase "by the skin of your teeth?" It makes no logical sense.

That phrase is slang. Unless you're going to tell me your illogical definition of the word "homosexual" is slang, your comparison is irrelevant. 

I'm really beginning to think you have no grasp on how the English language works other than perhaps your average everyday use. First you didn't know a dictionary lists commonly accepted words, and now you don't understand what slang is.
4/29/2013 1:09 PM
Did I say it wasn't slang?

So any definition of a word that is illogical is that way because of agendas and propaganda?

The definitions of parkway and driveway are wrong.  It's that way because of agendas and propaganda.  I will only call driveways parkways and parkways driveways.

4/29/2013 1:52 PM
Sex and sexuality are 2 very different things.

If someone puts a gun to your head and forces you to have sex with another man you choose to have sex with a man.

There are lots of men in prison choosing to have sex with men. When they leave they usually do not become gay.

I want to be with women. I like looking at them. I fantasize about them. If a woman bends over I check out her cleavage.

I do not have any interst in men in this way.

Sex and sexuality are not both a choice.
4/29/2013 1:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...102|103|104|105|106...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.