DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

I believe that's been a central argument against homosexuality, in all facets of homosexuality, since the beginning of homosexuality. 
5/1/2013 4:48 PM
So what? The argument is old, that doesn't make it more valid.
5/1/2013 4:50 PM

So what?  Your argument is new and no more valid.  

5/1/2013 4:51 PM
BTW, "So what?" is really juvenile and doesn't constitute a counter-point. 

Maybe you should follow it with "Nanny-nanny boo-boo" or something.   Might make it more effective.
5/1/2013 4:53 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 3:56:00 PM (view original):
Have you seen my Jeter threads?

TEE-HEE
5/1/2013 4:54 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 4:51:00 PM (view original):

So what?  Your argument is new and no more valid.  

I think it is more valid for reasons that have been repeated hundreds of times probably. Allowing gay marriage is similar to allowing interracial marriage. It doesn't harm me or anyone else and I have no interest in telling people how they get to live their lives.
5/1/2013 4:59 PM
So what?   I'm not willing to so readily dismiss long held beliefs on man/woman/god because I want a "feel good" moment when two men exchange vows for all to see.   While that does me no harm, it does me no good either.

IMO, neither reason is more valid than the other. 
5/1/2013 5:04 PM
Actually, I think your reason is less valid. You're imposing your beliefs on someone else. Allowing them to marry doesn't harm you but it does benefit them. Taking away that benefit harms them but doesn't benefit you.
5/1/2013 5:09 PM
So what?  I'm not a bleeding heart that believes every bleating bird should get a worm.  Allowing gay marriage is imposing a belief, the belief that same sex couples are the same as a traditional couple, on others.   They simply aren't the same. 
5/1/2013 5:13 PM
It's not imposing a belief on anyone. You are free to not get gay married.
5/1/2013 5:15 PM
So what?   I'm also free to oppose gay marriage or support the right for those who oppose gay marriage to continue to do so.
5/1/2013 5:29 PM
Sure. Just as free as the racists in 1967 who opposed interracial marriage. Great thing about this country, you are free to be a bigoted *******. I just hope you know how stupid you'll look in the relatively near future.
5/1/2013 5:50 PM
Why is opposing gay marriage "bigoted"? 

Are you so enlighted that your personal beliefs are "correct" and anybody who opposes you is wrong? 

If so, then you sound just like bistiza.  Congrats.
5/1/2013 6:07 PM
I was referring to people who opposed interracial marriage as bigots. I don't think that's the correct term for people who oppose gay marriage. I'd use close minded or intolerant to describe them.

My bad for the confusion, looking at that post, the sentence structure made it vague.
5/1/2013 6:18 PM
Close minded and intolerant.  That's just so much better.

Are you so enlighted that your personal beliefs are "correct" and anybody who opposes you is wrong? 

If so, then you sound just like bistiza.  Congrats.
5/1/2013 6:25 PM
◂ Prev 1...119|120|121|122|123...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.