DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Not really.   But I'm also not some seer of the future either.  

But I'm sure you intentionally missed my point.    I'll say it in a more insulting way.

"BUT THE FIRST GAY MARRIAGE IN THE US WAS IN MAY OF 2004!!!!   SOCIETY HASN'T CHANGED!!!!   SEE?!?!!?!?!??!?!"

******* stupid to act like 9 years determines the direction of society. 
5/14/2013 10:09 AM
It's ******* stupid to tell gay people that they can't get married because we don't know what will happen to society in the future.

News flash, dumbshit, we'll never know what's going to happen in the future. That doesn't stop us from allowing change. Unless you have a specific concern (allowing gay marriage will cause________, so we can't allow it because_______), it should be allowed.
5/14/2013 10:23 AM
You seem to know how gay marriage will affect society in the future.    Tell us.    Please. 

You stupid ****.
5/14/2013 10:24 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/14/2013 10:23:00 AM (view original):
It's ******* stupid to tell gay people that they can't get married because we don't know what will happen to society in the future.

News flash, dumbshit, we'll never know what's going to happen in the future. That doesn't stop us from allowing change. Unless you have a specific concern (allowing gay marriage will cause________, so we can't allow it because_______), it should be allowed.
Isn't it just as stupid to say "We should allow gay marriage because we have no ******* idea how it will affect society in the future".

Dumb ****.
5/14/2013 10:47 AM
Funny, BL, you haven't answered me yet.

Did you realize you had forgotten when I debunked your arguments - the same arguments dahs has been trying to use because he didn't bother to read it?

I'd seriously like to know how you managed to "forget" about my billionaire batpope debunking of your position, because I remember it well - it was one of the most hilarious debunking efforts I've done, and I've done plenty.

5/14/2013 10:53 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/14/2013 10:47:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/14/2013 10:23:00 AM (view original):

Isn't it just as stupid to say "We should allow gay marriage because we have no ******* idea how it will affect society in the future".

Dumb ****.
No, it's not. There is no reason to believe that allowing gay marriage will be harmful. Under your philosophy, we could never allow any change to anything without knowing exactly what will happen in the future.

Nothing bad has happened in 9 years. Is there a reason to believe that will change?
5/14/2013 11:06 AM
How long did it take for us to realize single parent households were not providing the same opportunity for success to their children?
5/14/2013 11:11 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/14/2013 11:11:00 AM (view original):
How long did it take for us to realize single parent households were not providing the same opportunity for success to their children?
I don't know, how long? I think it was reasonable to assume that conclusion long before we knew it to be a fact. What concern do you have regarding gay marriage?
5/14/2013 11:28 AM
I'd imagine we had a bit of a SPH explosion in the 70s after the "free love" 60s(who thought anything bad could come from that?).     Had to be mid/late 90s before we really knew it to be fact.    25-30 years?

Not sure I want to assume anything.  A small, insignificant portion of the population is screaming for something "RIGHT NOW!!!"    If we hold off on their demands, we don't have to assume anything. 
5/14/2013 11:34 AM
Oh my god!!! It's the boogie man!!! Run, hide your children, gays be gettin hitched!!! Specific concern, you ask? None, actually, other than the fact that WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE! Spooky spooky.
5/14/2013 11:40 AM
I don't have a specific concern about the legalization of crack but I don't think it's a good idea.
5/14/2013 11:41 AM
Oh my god!!! It's the boogie man!!! Run, hide your children,

Funny that your real fear is having to admit your ideas were debunked, BL.

What's even funnier is your way to avoid doing that is to refuse to respond to me, effectively running away.

Yes, BL, run and hide, as it appears I'm your personal boogie man.
5/14/2013 11:45 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/14/2013 11:41:00 AM (view original):
I don't have a specific concern about the legalization of crack but I don't think it's a good idea.
I think you could make a reasonable argument that crack is harmful. Same can't be said about gay marriage. Nice try, though.
5/14/2013 11:53 AM
Still nothing to say about being debunked, BL?

Keep in mind the last time you ran away like this you later came back crying and wanting to argue some more after I pointed out you had forfeited the debate.

If you try to pull that stunt again, I absolutely WILL be referring you to THIS moment, when you have failed multiple times to address your ideas being debunked when you had every chance because you were clearly hear and posting to others.

5/14/2013 11:57 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/14/2013 11:53:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/14/2013 11:41:00 AM (view original):
I think you could make a reasonable argument that crack is harmful. Same can't be said about gay marriage. Nice try, though.
Pretty sure crack is harmful.    Do you think people who don't do crack now would suddenly start smoking crack? 
5/14/2013 12:00 PM
◂ Prev 1...151|152|153|154|155...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.