DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

5/17/2013 10:57 AM
Yes, you are.

Your reaction is completely predictable.

When you're beaten, you give up, launch some insults, and run for the hills.

Put another way: You rule the playground until the adult comes along and shows you who really runs things, and then you whine and cry and call the adult names for daring to try to educate you and pull you from the miasma of ignorance that surrounds you.

Is that all you've got then to challenge the logical concept that sexuality is a choice? Great, you failed. Go tell your lies or foolish delusions (whichever they may be) to someone who cares, because anyone with an ounce of critical thinking skills sure doesn't.

Anyone else want to give it a go? tec couldn't get the job done, because like I said before, there is no ****ing reason why sexuality isn't a matter of choice.

5/17/2013 11:07 AM (edited)
Anyone else want to give it a go?

NO!  DON'T DO IT!  HE'LL DESTROY AND HUMILIATE YOU, TOO!!!!
5/17/2013 11:13 AM
tec, you had your chance, and you  gave up when you couldn't answer me about the contradictions your ideas about sexuality created.

So unless you want to do that now, go away.

5/17/2013 11:24 AM
Your dismissing of my (or other people's) answers because they don't agree with your irrational and illogical theories doesn't mean that they were not provided.
5/17/2013 11:34 AM
I didn't "dismiss" your answers - I pointed out the problems with them and asked you to explain.

You decided that since you don't have an explanation it would be easier to back down and claim I've "dismissed" your argument when I did no such thing.

Please feel free to address and explain the problems I pointed out with your argument, because as you stated it, it doesn't work.

5/17/2013 11:39 AM
5/17/2013 11:39 AM
I'll spoon-feed you the questions I have that highlight problems with your ideas of sexuality from your last semi-articulate statement, tec:

You admitted attraction is a spectrum (which I've been saying all along), but you failed to address any of the following:

So where are the cutoff points in your spectrum? How much of a tendency do people need to have to give them an appropriate label? How do you know they have that much tendency? Again, you can't rely on what they say, because people could say anything - you know, with me being the batpope and all.

So how about it? Are you actually trying to do research and find some of your "experts" to provide you with an answer, or is it you just won't answer because you realized your premise is flawed but you refuse to actually admit it?

5/17/2013 1:02 PM
The cutoffs on the spectrum are 12.5 and 87.5.

I previously explained this on page 117.
5/17/2013 1:10 PM
So how did you come up with those cutoffs? And how do you determine where someone is on the spectrum so you can figure out what they sexuality supposedly is?

And you never mentioned any of this before. Then again, you're well aware of that and the fact you didn't even post on page 117.

Clearly you are waving the white flag of surrender on this debate, and with good reason. If someone ever showed me I had as many problems with a position I was trying to defend as I showed you here, I'd surrender too.

There are no legitimate reasons to claim sexuality is anything other than a choice.
5/17/2013 1:18 PM (edited)

I used logical deduction to determine the cutoffs.  Since I can't find anybody else to agree with these numbers, they are obviously not propaganda and must therefore be true.

The decision tree to determine where somebody falls on the sexuality spectrum was previously discussed on page 132.

5/17/2013 1:22 PM
5/17/2013 1:46 PM
5/17/2013 2:06 PM
I used logical deduction to determine the cutoffs.

Please explain this "logical deduction" you claim to have used. So far despite all your efforts you haven't produced a single legitimate reason for your belief that sexuality is anything other than a choice.
Since I can't find anybody else to agree with these numbers, they are obviously not propaganda and must therefore be true.
Something is  propaganda if there is a group of people who knowingly spread lies in an effort to forward an agenda. Although a propaganda campaign's success (or lack thereof) is determined by whether or not they can convince a large number of people to believe in the lies they put forth, that isn't what makes it propaganda in the first place.

Put a simpler way: You can't find anyone to agree with your numbers because you made them up off the top of your head. They're not propaganda, but that doesn't somehow make them true. It just means they aren't propaganda.
The decision tree to determine where somebody falls on the sexuality spectrum was previously discussed on page 132.

Nice try, but no such thing was ever discussed. I get it though - you're angry because I conclusively proved I had already discussed the things you claimed didn't exist.

You love to deny the things that were previously discussed and act like they don't exist, but I screwed that over with references and links you couldn't deny, so now you're pretending to do the same thing.

You're a joke, tec. You can't give a reason for your beliefs and you **** well know it, so you're playing it off like it doesn't matter - but if it didn't matter, the debate wouldn't have gone on for over a hundred pages like it did. Clearly, it matters to some, including you.

I must say that it does feel good to know that despite all the opposition from multiple people, none of them were able to provide a single legitimate defense for their own emotion-based opinion, much less any kind of successful attack against my logic-based opinion.

I'm sure you'll all hold to your propaganda-based lies like a child to a favored toy. Someday perhaps one of you will discover some critical thinking skills, apply them to this topic, and have an epiphany "holy ****, biz was right!", but for most of you I suspect that may be giving you far too much credit.

5/20/2013 8:42 AM
Two questions for you, biz:

1)  I've asked this before and you refused to answer.  But I'll ask again: can you please explain the thought process that you specifically used to "choose" to be a heterosexual?  At what point in your life did you consciously make this decision?  What were the key decision points that influenced your decision?

2)  This is actually a multi-part question:  (a) Do you personally know any gay people?  (b) Have you explained to them how you have determined that homosexuality is a choice?  (c) Have you asked them why they chose to be gay instead of straight?
5/20/2013 8:52 AM
◂ Prev 1...166|167|168|169|170...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.