DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

I know a bunch of chicks that thought they were lesbian and then switched over to the other side.  Never heard of a dude switching.
4/15/2013 9:42 AM
I know a bunch of chicks that thought they were lesbian and then switched over to the other side.  Never heard of a dude switching.

I know of and have heard of people of both genders switching and in various directions.

Everyone chooses who they are with romantically and/or sexually, and those choices determine their sexual status.
4/15/2013 9:47 AM
Why didnt you choose to have sex with men instead of women?
4/15/2013 9:53 AM

Again, I used myself as an example to illustrate the point ,and when I did that you made ignorant assumptions and insulted me and have not so much as issued an apology for doing so.

I'm certainly not going to discuss my personal life with you any more after that little incident.
4/15/2013 10:04 AM
Homosexuals are often discriminated against because there's the idea of "it's not natural, it's wrong, and it's a choice you're making to be homosexual."  If someone acts homosexually, it's because they are attracted to the same sex more than they are attracted to the opposite sex.  If you want to argue their sexual preference may change over time, fine, it's a very small percentage of people who do that.  The theory that people don't change the sexual preference is not propaganda, it's true for the vast majority of people.  To my friends who are homosexual, when the "choice" argument comes up, the response is usually "why would I choose to be gay?" and never "yes, I would be fine sleeping with the other sex."  People act homosexually because they are homosexual.  The 99% of people who are gay remain gay, and they shouldn't have less rights than others because of the argument of "it's their choice to act that way."
4/15/2013 10:08 AM
Posted by The Taint on 4/15/2013 9:42:00 AM (view original):
College lesbos. 

Probably more "men are dicks, lemme see how this lesbian thing works" than anything else.

Men don't switch because if you suck one dick, you're a dicksucker for life. 
4/15/2013 10:16 AM
Posted by bistiza on 4/15/2013 10:04:00 AM (view original):

Again, I used myself as an example to illustrate the point ,and when I did that you made ignorant assumptions and insulted me and have not so much as issued an apology for doing so.

I'm certainly not going to discuss my personal life with you any more after that little incident.
When did I insult you?
4/15/2013 10:19 AM
I understand people want to discourage discrimination against homosexuals, burnsy, but to put forward propaganda that insists a choice doesn't exist when logic dictates otherwise is just plain wrong.

It would be like saying someone was born with a desire to commit crimes and didn't have a choice in the matter and should therefore get less punishment. You can argue it but it doesn't make logical sense.
If you want to argue their sexual preference may change over time, fine, it's a very small percentage of people who do that.
The fact that it happens at all should help you understand that it's a choice.
The theory that people don't change the sexual preference is not propaganda, it's true for the vast majority of people. 
No, the propaganda is that sexual status is determined by attraction rather than the choices we make, which is pure BS. It's like saying someone can commit a crime because they have the desire to do so rather than because they took action to do so - it makes no logical sense.
To my friends who are homosexual, when the "choice" argument comes up, the response is usually "why would I choose to be gay?"
People know why they choose to be gay, straight, bisexual, or whatever. Many want to deny its a choice, so they won't admit to it, or they buy into the propaganda that it isn't a choice.

If you truly are gay (or straight or bisexual for that matter) and don't know why you made the choices of partners you did, perhaps you should give it some serious thought.
 People act homosexually because they are homosexual.
This is an incredibly flawed circular argument. It would be like if I asked you for the technical or scientific reason why a bird can fly and you said simply "because it's a bird and birds can fly".
The 99% of people who are gay remain gay, and they shouldn't have less rights than others because of the argument of "it's their choice to act that way."
I'm not arguing for less rights - in fact, I'm in favor of equal rights. I just think we should drop the BS propaganda of "it's not a choice" which only exists to justify the choice, which doesn't need justifying in the first place.
4/15/2013 10:19 AM
When did I insult you?

You've attempted to do so many times, but the the one I'm referring to is when you called me bisexual. I take that as an insult because it came from your ignorance and inability to understand that someone being able to change their mind does not make them bisexual.
4/15/2013 10:20 AM
As I said before, it's only a choice in the most literal sense.  You may have brown hair, and choose to have blond hair by doing something that's against the way you're wired.  If there is a percentage of people who has a change in preference, as said before, it's very small.  I don't look at someone's sexuality as fluid and changing, and my evidence is the number of people around us all the time who do not change their preference.
4/15/2013 10:40 AM
"If you truly are gay (or straight or bisexual for that matter) and don't know why you made the choices of partners you did, perhaps you should give it some serious thought."

If someone acts gay, it's because they are attracted to the same sex more than they are attracted to the opposite sex.  There is no other explanation.  
4/15/2013 10:43 AM
Posted by bistiza on 4/15/2013 10:20:00 AM (view original):
When did I insult you?

You've attempted to do so many times, but the the one I'm referring to is when you called me bisexual. I take that as an insult because it came from your ignorance and inability to understand that someone being able to change their mind does not make them bisexual.
That's not an insult.

You've said over and over again that people can choose to be gay or straight as simply as choosing a blonde over a brunette. Only a bisexual would think of sexuality that way.

Sorry you can't handle the logic.
4/15/2013 10:58 AM
As I said before, it's only a choice in the most literal sense.

Let's separate this out so we can understand it:

I think we can all agree that we choose who our romantic and/or sexual partners are in most cases. The question then becomes does that choice or series of choices represent your sexual status (straight, gay, bisexual, etc). I contend that it does, as actions dictate such things. I do this from what I believe is a logical point of view - you can think about whatever you want and desire whatever you want, but until you do it, there is no way to establish anything.  However, burnsy and several others contend that attraction and feelings are what matters regardless of what action is taken.

I've several times used the logical examples of how actions matter and feelings do not in determining a great many things in life. For one of those examples: If someone makes you angry and you think you'd like to kill them, you are not going to be charged with murder unless you actually take the ACTION of killing them. Therefore, thoughts and feelings are irrelevant to the equation.
You may have brown hair, and choose to have blond hair by doing something that's against the way you're wired.

Again, I don't buy the argument that people's sexual status is "wired" into them. I think anyone can choose to be with anyone they wish.
  If there is a percentage of people who has a change in preference, as said before, it's very small.  I don't look at someone's sexuality as fluid and changing, and my evidence is the number of people around us all the time who do not change their preference.

It doesn't matter how small or large a percentage of people who exercise the freedom to change their mind - the very fact that it can be done is more than enough evidence to show that it IS, in fact, a matter of choice.

It doesn't matter if 99 percent of people CHOOSE not to change their preference - the fact that one percent DO indicates that it IS  a choice. Whether or not the majority of people make the choice doesn't take away from the fact that it is a choice - I'm not sure how that's lost on you.
If someone acts gay, it's because they are attracted to the same sex more than they are attracted to the opposite sex.  There is no other explanation.

Sure there is. Anyone can act gay any time they want, whether or not they are attracted to people of the same sex more, less, or the same as those of the opposite sex. It's not about attraction, which is but one element that affects people's choices for partners. 
That's not an insult.
Yes, it is. You called me something I'm not because of your own ignorance, which is no excuse.
You've said over and over again that people can choose to be gay or straight as simply as choosing a blonde over a brunette. Only a bisexual would think of sexuality that way.

Then I guess everyone in the world is bisexual since anyone can choose to be gay or straight as simply as choose a blonde over a brunette.

Unless you want to contend that someone is forcing you to choose male or female partners, that includes you.

Sorry if YOU can't handle the logic, and your ignorance is no excuse for your poor choice of words.

Honestly, I've met some incredibly ignorant people on this board and on others, but you really take the cake, BL. You're the biggest ******* I've ever met online and that's really saying something.

And don't bother responding. I'm blocking you again because I just can't stand that you are not only this ignorant but try to justify your ridiculous comments through that ignorance.
4/15/2013 3:53 PM
I was about to post something but realized I'm just repeating myself over and over, so it's not worth saying.  We're saying the same things over and over again.
4/15/2013 4:33 PM
Good. Sexuality is not a choice.
4/15/2013 4:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...74|75|76|77|78...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.