Name Your Own Team Theme - need 1 Topic

Haven't seen mine yet.  There are so many pitchers & catchers in baseball movies I'm going to have to scrounge for some IF's...
4/19/2013 2:21 AM
Can you send me the league number if it is out already please ? Thanks.
4/19/2013 4:05 AM
is the league number available? I'd love to get started today. Thanks!
4/19/2013 10:00 AM
Anyone know how this works ? I am in the Draft Center for the league and I expected to find 80 AAA players randomly assigned, whom I had to rename. It is telling me that instead I have to draft 25 players with a total budget of $20 million. 

Do I draft players and then the AAA are assigned when the team is created ? If so, what do I do with the 25 draftees ? Are we not allowed to use them, since we can't change their names ? 

A detailed explanation of this cool, and unique idea will help us all get it done. Thanks.
4/19/2013 11:15 AM
The AAA are added after you enter the league.

You will not be able to see their ratings or call them up until a schedule is generated.

After the schedule is generated, you call up your AAA players.

Any game is which a real player appears is an automatic forfeit.
4/19/2013 2:13 PM
Ok, thank you. That is what I thought, since you get $20 mil at first and so I just drafted players not quite randomly but without any strategy. So it is good that we are not using the real players. 

4/19/2013 3:19 PM
ok, dummy team is in, but no AAA players show up yet in GM's office or elsewhere. Will we not get AAA players until league fills? How long then will we have to ID them and make rosters at that point?
4/19/2013 4:24 PM
JOIN, PEOPLE! I HAD AN AWESOME TIME PICKING MY NAMES!

SHOULD BE GREAT FUN!
4/20/2013 9:33 AM
I agree antoncreston. I had a LOT of fun naming my players - all my pitchers are ancient philosophers and founders of religions, all my batters are modern thinkers. Can't wait to see the box scores ! 

JOIN THIS LEAGUE ! WE ARE ALREADY HAVING MORE FUN THAN YOU ARE !
4/20/2013 11:55 AM
If I use Richard Pryor's character from Brewster's Million & Bingo Long is that considered a clone???
4/20/2013 12:25 PM
Posted by hersheybear on 4/19/2013 4:24:00 PM (view original):
ok, dummy team is in, but no AAA players show up yet in GM's office or elsewhere. Will we not get AAA players until league fills? How long then will we have to ID them and make rosters at that point?
I'm intrigued by the possibilities, but will be traveling abroad next week (Germany) and I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to do the name changes/AAA identifications next week.  What is the target date for starting this league?
4/20/2013 12:34 PM
When it fills.

Hopefully within a week.

I will reserve a spot for you.

If it fills early next week, I will see about another owner.

If it fills late, I will reset the league until you get back.

4/20/2013 3:44 PM (edited)

I ll be in by the end of next weekend at the latest

4/20/2013 5:06 PM
C'mon guys!  SIGN UP!  This will be great fun!!!!!!!!
4/20/2013 6:42 PM
Great League!!

Join today!!

4/21/2013 2:04 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Name Your Own Team Theme - need 1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.