Why is he on my team? Topic

I'd send a ticket. Him signing when you recruited 5 others, combined with a lack of recruiting history for him is fishy.

No one else here will be able to see his recruiting history no matter what links you post though, only you can see that without you actually copying and pasting it from your player tab. We don't need to see that though. Just send a ticket and let us know what happens.
4/22/2013 11:50 AM
I sent in a ticket, we will see what they say
4/22/2013 11:51 AM
when you made this post, given this is your first season, i figured 99% chance it was user error. but given the recruiting history, that doesnt make sense. the game DOES have special logic in place for ghost shipped teams, and it deals with first season teams, in particular. i dont believe its a coincidence that you have 2 walkons left now, and the game will sign players up to 2 walkons if you don't do anything.

i would make sure to include in the ticket that there are 2 walkons left and that seems suspicious. my experience is if you can point CS in the right direction, they usually are pretty good, but not really playing the game and having all the details at their fingertips, they sometimes struggle if you offer no insight.

bottom line, the correct response here is for CS to remove the player from your team. so i'd mention the 2 walkon thing and just ask they remove the player. that gives them an easy out - its WAY easier for them to remove the guy, than to figure out the root cause. (assuming, of course, you dont want that guy)
4/22/2013 12:24 PM
I don't know........Assuming that he didn't recruit the guy (I'll give the benefit of the doubt, he says he didn't, so he didn't).....then I'd really like to know how and why the guy got on his team. I don't want some new logic that sandbags me with 4 season players if I have a recruiting disaster.  I don't think that's the case, that's a fairly big change to be unannounced, but again, that's why I'd want to know what's happened here.
4/22/2013 12:32 PM
Posted by kashmir75 on 4/22/2013 12:32:00 PM (view original):
I don't know........Assuming that he didn't recruit the guy (I'll give the benefit of the doubt, he says he didn't, so he didn't).....then I'd really like to know how and why the guy got on his team. I don't want some new logic that sandbags me with 4 season players if I have a recruiting disaster.  I don't think that's the case, that's a fairly big change to be unannounced, but again, that's why I'd want to know what's happened here.
my gut tells me this is an incident isolated to first season in a world situations, so i wouldnt worry about it, if i were you.
4/22/2013 12:32 PM
i was kind of wondering about that (not the stone-throwing type of wondering). im pretty sure that you'll get him removed and the money for next season, for some reason, ive felt since i read this, that this had happened before and the response was to remove the player, as if he'd never been there.
4/22/2013 12:59 PM
Did your assistant coach sign him for you? In my first season, I signed 5 guys and had 3 open spots left but ran out of money with probably just over a day of recruiting left. I fully planned for 3 walk-ons but at the end of recruiting, my assistant coach sent me an email that he had signed a player. It turned out pretty lucky for me because the player my assistant signed ended up being decent.
4/22/2013 1:25 PM
You might be exactly right, I breezed over this email

"I know you were swamped just getting adjusted to the new job so between recruiting trips for you I was able to at least help fill some of our open scholarships. Hope I was able to help!"

But my problem is I didn't want that guy, I wanted 5 open schollies next season not 4, I still had 9 scholarship guys, why force me to sign another?
4/22/2013 2:15 PM
I feel like I read somewhere that for first-time coaches they would never have more than two walk-ons.  I could be wrong and it's really fuzzy in my memory.  But I think that's the case.  Let us know what the ticket says. 
4/22/2013 3:37 PM
The assistant CAN sign players if you leave him enough money.  Since you do not get carryover if you take a walkon ... if you WANT to take a certain amount of walkons, make sure not to leave more than $100 available for your AC (since you are not going to carry it over if you take walkons :D)
4/22/2013 4:52 PM
I thought i only had $13 left - I took a shot at a guy with a schollie and start when I had $123 left, but maybe if he declined the schollie I would have had $113

Thank you for all your thoughts, it will be interesting to see how they respond to the ticket.
4/22/2013 5:21 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 4/22/2013 4:52:00 PM (view original):
The assistant CAN sign players if you leave him enough money.  Since you do not get carryover if you take a walkon ... if you WANT to take a certain amount of walkons, make sure not to leave more than $100 available for your AC (since you are not going to carry it over if you take walkons :D)
i dont think this is true unless you are a first season coach. i take many walkons with money leftover all the time, and ive never heard of this happening for non-first season coaches
4/22/2013 7:31 PM
Posted by beardown13 on 4/22/2013 5:21:00 PM (view original):
I thought i only had $13 left - I took a shot at a guy with a schollie and start when I had $123 left, but maybe if he declined the schollie I would have had $113

Thank you for all your thoughts, it will be interesting to see how they respond to the ticket.
I don't think you get that $100 scholarship money back even if they decline the offer. I'm pretty sure that once you click offer scholarship and hit send that $100 is gone no matter what...
4/23/2013 2:57 AM
Posted by craigcoug on 4/22/2013 1:25:00 PM (view original):
Did your assistant coach sign him for you? In my first season, I signed 5 guys and had 3 open spots left but ran out of money with probably just over a day of recruiting left. I fully planned for 3 walk-ons but at the end of recruiting, my assistant coach sent me an email that he had signed a player. It turned out pretty lucky for me because the player my assistant signed ended up being decent.
That is what happened, only to first time coaches though. Here is the response to my ticket
"The SimAI will sign players for new users if you have 3 or more openings at the end of recruiting. It does not usually fill all of your spots but it will sign some."
4/23/2013 3:58 PM
are they going to drop him for you? do you want them to?
4/23/2013 4:07 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Why is he on my team? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.