DH $52M Draft League XL - Finished Topic

Not much of a gambler, but thanks for considering me worthy competition!
5/3/2013 4:55 PM
Tang has no idea what he's in for competing against all of these draft sharks lol. I'm not too much of a gambler either ash.

But if I were to entertain such a thought that would mean that I would have to make a choice to build the best possible team in order to win the bet. That means that I would have to opt out of the 4th spot in the draft where I will get an aweome player that I have never been able to draft before in this league. When I am able to pick at 20 or lower in the first round in this league look out! Picking basically 2 top 25 players, plus getting 2 top picks in the 6th round is almost always the best bet in this league natenoy.  I was thinking about taking the 4th spot for fun this time, but you and tang are egging me on. I might just have to chose closer to 24 just to teach you and tang another lesson.
5/3/2013 5:18 PM
Vance, maybe it's just my board, but I have a tier line after 7 guys. I'm the 8th pick if the rest of the guys ahead of me go closer to 1, so Vance nothing would make me happier than to see you go closer to 24.
5/3/2013 6:40 PM
Oh, FYI there is also a tier line after 2 guys now as well, after a certain 12-13 season that we all know about.
5/3/2013 6:42 PM
The way I look at it there are 2 players in consideration for the top pick. Then there are 2 players that are total opposites that both dominate that could go at either 3 or 4. If I take the player at 4 that you took at 4 in the last draft natenoy one of my goals will be to win more than 42 games. Comprende?
5/3/2013 7:15 PM
Yea epic failure on my part with that team, I'll NEVER take Lanier again, not worth his salary in any format. May try Glen Rice in the ODL someday, used Darrell Walker on my last ODL team that made the finals, but again a guy better in the $47 than the $52 because you get a lot of minutes for a decent price.

Would love to try the 67% shooting Artis Gilmore someday, but not at pick 7-8. How many times have you used MJ? Agree that at four you likely take him, and yea it takes a lot of screwups in the draft to only win 42 with that guy. Not sure what I'll do at 8 if the top-7 go, but if I'm 7 or one of them drops then I'll be building a much different style of team this time from my last two disasters.
5/3/2013 9:05 PM (edited)
my head hurts from reading that nate....i dont really care if you use players names right now...maybe not when we are actually drafting but thats not a rule ill be enforcing very hard as commish...besides if anyone really wanted to know who you were talking about they could look it up on your profile
5/3/2013 8:40 PM
Cool, remember in my first ODL that someone came down hard on me because I used a player's name and had no f'n clue about "proper etiquette". Will edit my post. I agree, it would be one thing if Serge Ibaka was still on the board in the 5th and I posted "better take Ibaka before Vance does", never did get why its taboo to mention guys unless you are trying to screw some other guy waiting on a pick or something.
5/3/2013 9:00 PM
They sure the hell talk about what players are available in the real NBA draft. So yea, maybe offering advice to someone in the draft forum is not cool, but people should treat this like the real NBA does.
5/3/2013 9:10 PM
Coach will go closer to 1
5/3/2013 11:27 PM
Nate from what I have seen in the real NBA the teams themselves don't ever talk publicly about who they are going to draft before hand. That's what the geeks like us do. So if we treat this the same way that that the real NBA does there would be no talk about undrafted players going on.

It's just too bad that I lost our bet. If I had won that bet you would be safely protected from self inflicted damage like this.  I truly just had your best interest at heart, not to mention the eyes of all of the other owners, when I framed the terms of our bet. I actually like you but you are your own worst enemy my friend.  
5/4/2013 1:36 AM (edited)
there is a long standing tradition regarding not talking about undrafted players in both draft leagues in fact
5/4/2013 12:58 PM
It's too easy for someone to say "Hey I can't believe player x is still on the board!!" which might give someone an idea for a player that they hadn't thought of drafting, especially in later rounds.
5/4/2013 1:29 PM
So perhaps the place for nate's ramblings about his last team.. is in the rosters/commentary post from the last league? I certainly see value in the discussion.. just not in the new league's thread.
5/4/2013 1:38 PM
good points....basically i just want us to use common sense....its not going to matter if nate mentions his players from last season right now..thats not helping anyone....if anyone were to do something like badja suggested...trust me...id be on top of it...this is a veteran group here so i highly doubt wed see any problems
5/4/2013 1:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...27 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League XL - Finished Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.