Who is the fool? Topic

Those are some, uhhh, "interesting" responses from Customer Service. 
4/27/2013 5:13 PM
You don't play a guy because he needs a break. Nope. 
4/27/2013 7:08 PM
dac, have you asked/received anything since that first response?  Second-level responses often make more sense, but I'm pretty sure you knew that.
4/27/2013 7:11 PM
Posted by yanks250125 on 4/27/2013 4:57:00 PM (view original):
I had a similar situation where AFTER I boosted my guys playing time significantly, he complained.  Idiots CS said this is how life works.. How dumb.  Who would complain AFTER they got a promotion because their time with a company overall has been crappy?  

5/1/2011 11:27 AM yanks250125

Why did my player Broadnax just send me an email saying he is mad about his playing time when he has started the past 4 games and averaged over 21 mpg, and averaged over 15 mpg in the last 7 games? He said he was only getting 12, which is true, and I know it's based on the whole season, but NOW his work ethic takes a hit after starting 4 consecutive games?

5/1/2011 2:15 PM Customer Support
Thanks for the note. It seems pretty clear that you already know the answer to the question. It is up to you how you utilize him. But the guy is a Junior for heaven sakes and he has only started 4 of 9 games so far. And also, so far, he is averaging less minutes than he did as a freshman. You don't like him complaining but if I were in his situation I'd likely consider it to. This isn't a malfunction of the game. This is how life works. Cut the player a break. He's a Junior. Give the time he has earned. If not don't be surprised by his attitude response.

The employee who wrote this response:

A) Seems likely to have played a sport in college (or high school) and not gotten the playing time as an upperclassman he thought he deserved.  This sounds kinda personal.  And

B) Should be fired.  You can't send that response to a paying customer, and certainly not to one who hasn't been pushy or obnoxious but only asked a question.
4/27/2013 8:47 PM
Posted by milwood on 4/27/2013 2:28:00 PM (view original):
Is there a third option?  Both?  okay, no you are not a fool, but that response sure was foolish.

I thought there were averages involved also and that you could overload minutes to bring that average up so the player will be placated, but you haven't done that, at least not yet.  in fifteen games he has averaged 5.6 minutes/game. You're still two minutes behind his target of 7-8mpg.  You can't just ignore games that he didn't play.  Otherwise you could start the guy the first game give him 10 minutes and then bench him the rest of the season.

the thing is, according to seble - if a player complains early on, as long as you meet your promise the rest of the way, hes ok. it seems to me dac has done that, its *always* been about averages, as best i can tell. i didnt realize simulated players had simulated PMS. 
4/27/2013 9:05 PM
I had a similar situation where AFTER I boosted my guys playing time significantly, he complained.  Idiots CS said this is how life works.. How dumb.  Who would complain AFTER they got a promotion because their time with a company overall has been crappy?  

Why did my player Broadnax just send me an email saying he is mad about his playing time when he has started the past 4 games and averaged over 21 mpg, and averaged over 15 mpg in the last 7 games? He said he was only getting 12, which is true, and I know it's based on the whole season, but NOW his work ethic takes a hit after starting 4 consecutive games?

Thanks for the note. It seems pretty clear that you already know the answer to the question. It is up to you how you utilize him. But the guy is a Junior for heaven sakes and he has only started 4 of 9 games so far. And also, so far, he is averaging less minutes than he did as a freshman. You don't like him complaining but if I were in his situation I'd likely consider it to. This isn't a malfunction of the game. This is how life works. Cut the player a break. He's a Junior. Give the time he has earned. If not don't be surprised by his attitude response.

WHAT?? did you just make that up or is that really the response you got?

good god, WIS must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel. *NEVER* have *ANY* existing players had *ANY* expectation about starts. NPOY junior as a senior? no expectation. only new recruits with promises have any expectation. 

"the guy is a junior for heaven sakes and he has only started 4 of 9 games" - even worse, to me, that being totally ignorant abuot how the game works, is that tone - who the hell talks to customers like that? 

and really, "this is how life works. cut the player a break" - i thought this was a question about HD, not about the emotional range of a real teenager? someone has some serious issues separating reality from fantasy. nobody tell him about this great game called grand theft auto...

4/27/2013 9:10 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 4/27/2013 8:47:00 PM (view original):

A) Seems likely to have played a sport in college (or high school) and not gotten the playing time as an upperclassman he thought he deserved.  This sounds kinda personal.  And

B) Should be fired.  You can't send that response to a paying customer, and certainly not to one who hasn't been pushy or obnoxious but only asked a question.
I couldn't believe it.  I was very ticked off and showed it with my response to that one, but still they never answered the intended question
4/27/2013 9:14 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 4/27/2013 8:47:00 PM (view original):

i agree, seriously, the guy should be fired. what a fucktard. if i ever get my damn sim finished, and give you guys a response like that, you have my permission to kill me in my sleep, for the good of society.
4/27/2013 9:14 PM
Posted by llamanunts on 4/27/2013 7:11:00 PM (view original):
dac, have you asked/received anything since that first response?  Second-level responses often make more sense, but I'm pretty sure you knew that.
I haven't, because my first impulse was to tell them to shove it up their ***, but I figured before I get into a shooting war with the admins I wanted to see if there was something I was missing...
4/27/2013 9:22 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 4/27/2013 2:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by slicknick777 on 4/27/2013 2:11:00 PM (view original):
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think it's because he has only played 11 games.  His average for the entire season is only 6 mpg because he didn't play 3 games.  That should have been the CS response in my mind.
He has actually not played in 4 games, but he has played in every game (7) since he complained. In those 7 games he has logged 40, 8, 6, 7, 7, 3, and 6 minutes respectively.
So your player indicated he wanted 7 or 8 mins a game. In the next seven games, you didn't give him that three times. Now you're surprised he's complaining again, and you're taking offense to WIS's calm and rational explanation of why this isn't working out for you.

The continued use of these message boards as target practice for users aiming at Customer Service -- even when their responses are perfectly reasonable -- is just bizarre.
4/27/2013 11:04 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 4/27/2013 11:04:00 PM (view original):
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think it's because he has only played 11 games.  His average for the entire season is only 6 mpg because he didn't play 3 games.  That should have been the CS response in my mind.
He has actually not played in 4 games, but he has played in every game (7) since he complained. In those 7 games he has logged 40, 8, 6, 7, 7, 3, and 6 minutes respectively.
So your player indicated he wanted 7 or 8 mins a game. In the next seven games, you didn't give him that three times. Now you're surprised he's complaining again, and you're taking offense to WIS's calm and rational explanation of why this isn't working out for you.

The continued use of these message boards as target practice for users aiming at Customer Service -- even when their responses are perfectly reasonable -- is just bizarre.
guess we disagree. fortunately we can do that and both express it in America. Thanks for your opinion.
4/27/2013 11:30 PM
whoever this new other CS guy is, he talks really weird, like hes reading a story book to a child.
4/27/2013 11:33 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 4/27/2013 11:04:00 PM (view original):

"Perfectly reasonable?" Are you serious? There is nothing reasonable about claiming that a player, made of coding and scripting, is acting based on emotion. Emotions can't be programmed.

Furthermore, it's a well known fact, even among **** poor coaches like myself, that the engine works based on AVERAGES. Please do the simple math of averaging those last few games and tell me what number you come up with.

That was not a "calm and rational" explanation. Far from it. If a CS worker at a department store insulted a customer like that and demeaned him, he would be fired. No doubt about it.
4/28/2013 12:05 AM
Firstly, it is about averages ... unless there has been a code change.  I don't think that is the case, so CS was wrong about the reason.

Secondly, billyg is right, in that IF you meet the requirement for the rest of the season for STARTS then everything will be alright.  BUT .. he is not right about minutes, that is now average for the whole season.

If this were just promised starts, and if you started the guy for the rest of the season, then you would have gotten the attribute points back.  However, when it is playing time then it is the "Total Minutes/Teams Total Games" that needs to get up to 7-8 minutes per game and not just the average playing time AFTER the warning.  You CAN use a couple of 40 minute games to make that happen, BUT you need to get the "overall season average" (including missed games) up to the level by the cutoff.

In this case, the overall season average is 84/15 and that is 5.6 minutes/game.  That is why he is complaining.

It used to be just the average of games the player played, but it is now "player minutes/total team games" because people were gaming the system.  If you would have had 105 minutes and not 84 minutes, he would not have complained, simple as that.

This changed on 10/24/2011, before that it acted differently.

4/28/2013 12:31 AM
Posted by hughesjr on 4/28/2013 12:31:00 AM (view original):
Firstly, it is about averages ... unless there has been a code change.  I don't think that is the case, so CS was wrong about the reason.

Secondly, billyg is right, in that IF you meet the requirement for the rest of the season for STARTS then everything will be alright.  BUT .. he is not right about minutes, that is now average for the whole season.

If this were just promised starts, and if you started the guy for the rest of the season, then you would have gotten the attribute points back.  However, when it is playing time then it is the "Total Minutes/Teams Total Games" that needs to get up to 7-8 minutes per game and not just the average playing time AFTER the warning.  You CAN use a couple of 40 minute games to make that happen, BUT you need to get the "overall season average" (including missed games) up to the level by the cutoff.

In this case, the overall season average is 84/15 and that is 5.6 minutes/game.  That is why he is complaining.

It used to be just the average of games the player played, but it is now "player minutes/total team games" because people were gaming the system.  If you would have had 105 minutes and not 84 minutes, he would not have complained, simple as that.

This changed on 10/24/2011, before that it acted differently.

that's an answer I would have been perfectly happy to receive from CS...

ETA: although I did always believe that it was the action taken from the time of the complaint (4/19) to the time of the response (4/26) that mattered in these type of things... during that time frame he got 77 minutes over 7 games...
4/28/2013 12:36 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Who is the fool? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.