DH $52M Draft League XL (Full - Waitlist) Topic

we will have a few spots open for next season....one of the toughest and longest running themes in sim bball....sign up here if interested....

The Rules

* · 52 Million Dollar Cap
* · No clones
* · No waiver wire
* · You must start 5 of your 7 draft picks
* · Serpentine draft. 1 player per round in rounds 1-5, 2 players in round 6.
* · No undrafted player can be paid more than 4 million dollars
* · If you have a question that is not covered in these rules, please post it and we will come to a consensus decision if needed. No one will lose their spot in the draft because their question goes unanswered.

Draft Order

The returning owners that did not make the playoffs will be in a NBA-style draft lottery. The other returning owners will then be placed behind them in order of playoff finish(with regular season record the tiebreaker). New owners will be placed behind them in order of who joined first.

Owners will now have the option to choose their draft slot. This will be done in draft order. So if the owner with the top pick chooses to draft in the 24th spot, the 2nd overall pick can choose any draft spot besides #24. This will continue until all the spots are filled.

Divisions

Divisions will NOT be random. They will be drafted by the top 4 owners from last season. The division draft will take place immediately after the player draft ends, while we wait for the league to fill.

- Also, the returning champion is tasked with doing evaluations of drafted teams prior to the next season.
4/27/2013 5:10 PM
when do the draft star?
4/27/2013 10:37 PM
Gotta wait until all of the spots are filled first. We need confirmation on who is back and who isn't so we can do the lottery. My guess is that we won't start drafting for at least a week and a half or so because the last season is just 1/2 way through round 2 of the playoffs.  We need the final playoff outcomes from what I understand to be able to slot all of the owners. After we have 24 owners and all of the slots are in place we can draft. By the way dh555 is the commish so this is now his baby. He is doing a great job BTW. 
4/28/2013 12:11 AM
Bernardo: we are in and ready to kick Vancenonian tail!!
4/28/2013 11:19 AM
Good luck tang. I won't draft as weakly as I did last season ever again pal. I will give you 3 hints of what not do do based on my failure last season:

1) Draft as close as you can to 20K minutes or less. If you draft over 20,500 minutes you don't deserve to win anything in this league. 2) Don't draft too many weak defenders even as back ups who have high EFG%. 3) Figure out what style of play is the best for your team before half way through the season. 4) Never, ever, don't even think about it. DRAFTING VINCE CARTER! Enough said and GL!
4/28/2013 10:09 PM (edited)
Posted by vancem on 4/28/2013 6:05:00 PM (view original):
Good luck tang. I won't draft as weakly as I did last season ever again pal. I will give you 3 hints of what not do do based on my failure last season:

1) Draft as close as you can to 20K minutes or less. If you draft over 20,500 minutes you don't deserve to win anything in this league. 2) Don't draft too any weak defenders even as back ups who have high EFG%. 3) Figure out what style of play is the best for your team before half way through the season. 4) Never, ever, don't even think about it. DRAFTING VINCE CARTER! Enough said and GL!
Gracias, Señor Vancem!
4/28/2013 9:54 PM
No problem tang. Hey I heard that it's your 50th birthday. If that's the case Happy Birthday old man! Now let's get some new owners in here that want to compete in the toughest league and go against the best owners in the SIM.
4/29/2013 10:12 AM
come on now...i know theres a bunch of theme-leaguers that havent manned up and tried a draft league...step up and prove you can win without handpicking the very best players...only 1 rodman in this league...
4/30/2013 2:41 PM
I'll join up.  Can't even remember the last 52 I was in!
4/30/2013 3:11 PM
welcome back badja....damn i cant remember either...its been awhile
4/30/2013 8:25 PM
Is it okay to request a 2nd team? I am pondering it. Thanks.
5/1/2013 8:12 PM
Vance, you've already paid for a second team this next time....

Oh wait a minute, that's MY team isn't it?

Sorry man had to take at least one shot at you for losing our bet, that was set up so nicely by you and it's not very often that a guy whose team went 42-40 and got bounced in the first round of the playoffs has the chance to make a crack at anyone. I will be more than happy to run that bet back at you again next season, if you take two teams then there's a 50% chance (in theory at least, but the divisions are drafted) we could end up in the same division again.(And of course a 100% chance that one of your teams is in the same conference as me.)
5/2/2013 12:49 AM
I really just want one team nate. Somebody who wants a new challenge, or wants to step in and play with the big boys, please step up and take the last spot.   

The crack is okay. Believe me in my past evals I didn't exactly make any friends. If it's okay for me to dish it out then I have to be able to take it right? I'm nervous about another bet with you natenoy. The confidence is a bit shaken after last season. 
5/2/2013 11:01 AM (edited)
If that one team is still available, I'll take a shot at this. Need some clarification as to where the other 5 roster spots come from.
5/2/2013 12:03 PM
you got it thomcat

we are now filled...but if you want to be put on the waitlist post here...someone may drop unexpectedly

5/2/2013 1:47 PM
12 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League XL (Full - Waitlist) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.