starting a petition... Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
First of all explain to us WHY?
5/1/2013 4:30 AM
HOPE HE SIGNS WITH AN ARENA TEAM. OR THE CFL
5/1/2013 5:41 AM
OMAHA, Neb. -- The Omaha Beef have a job waiting for Tim Tebow if he wants it -- and the Nebraska indoor football team will even pay him $75 a game.
A day after Tebow was cut by the New York Jets, the Beef called the office of Tebow agent Jimmy Sexton to offer a standard player contract. Beef assistant general manager Andrew Mather said Tuesday that he doesn't expect to hear back, but he thought it was worth asking.
The Beef's current quarterback, James McNear, has led the team to a 5-1 start. He's completing 70 percent of his passes and has thrown for 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions.
McNear is anything but insulted by the Beef's wooing of Tebow. McNear said, "I think Tim can learn a lot from me."
5/1/2013 10:48 AM
As a quarterback, Tebow is a half-way decent punt protector.

PS:  Other than the religous right, nobody much cares about Tebow's religon.  He could be muslim, catholic, jewish, or mormon and still be every bit as poor a quarterback as he is as some kind of fundamentalist.
5/1/2013 12:00 PM
The idea that he is being punished or discriminated against for his religious beliefs is laughable.  See also Pettitte, Andy; Hershiser, Orel; or White, Reggie.

I would be livid if my team signed him.

Seems like a good enough person, and I wish him well, but he has no business as an NFL QB.

5/1/2013 12:22 PM
James McNear is my new favorite person of the day!
5/1/2013 12:26 PM
1. He is being discriminated against because of his values/religion.
     I don't buy it.  NFL coaches would play Jesus or Satan or me if he thought one of us would win him the most games.  I mean, sure, if Jesus and Satan were both on the roster and equally skilled, Jesus would probably get the start everywhere outside of late-70's Oakland...

2. He is good for football. Like him or hate him, he has that "it" factor and brings excitement to the game.
     I don't even know what to make of this.  Be excited if you want, but we're talking about a meritocracy here.  Exciting you doesn't make him a better football player.

3. He is a winner everywhere he goes (except the Jets of course because Rex Ryan is a douche bag)
     You mean like in 2011 when he was a sterling 7-4 completing under 50% of his passes and fumbling 14 times?

He did complete 75% of his passes last year...
     And those six completions got him to just shy of 48% for his career.

...and rushed for 100 yards in 31 carries in limited action.
     I keep reading that he could be a decent fullback.

If you want us Tebow fans to shut up for good, then let him start somewhere and if he does not do well, then we will shut up forever.
     Can't we come up with some other compromise, like, you keep whining and we keep not giving a ****?
5/1/2013 12:47 PM
"The idea that he is being punished or discriminated against for his religious beliefs is laughable. See also Pettitte, Andy; Hershiser, Orel; or White, Reggie."4

You forgot Carl Everret.  
5/1/2013 1:18 PM
Micki,

Here is where you go to start your own blog. It is a sort of website all your own with the theme you choose where you can upload whatever materials you want and where others can also find materials, sign up to be able to participate in the discussions there etc.   Wordpress walks you through it. 

http://en.wordpress.com/

5/1/2013 5:17 PM
ITS A TRAVISTY! REINSTATE PETER H. ROSE!!
5/1/2013 5:21 PM
Happy May Day Everyone. 

When Mussolini was overthrown, the great conductor Toscanini led distinguished performers in a rendition of the Internationale to celebrate. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OPvWFDzDlA

5/1/2013 5:23 PM
1234 Next ▸
starting a petition... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.