DH $52M Draft League XL - Team Roster & Commentary Topic

i got updates and several emails. has tang opened his mail?
5/7/2013 2:30 PM
Posted by vancem on 5/7/2013 2:18:00 PM (view original):
You have given us all updates dh555. IMO we should go on the clock as soon as possible. There's been just 3 picks made since you picked last night at 4:31 pm. So 3 picks in the last 23 hours? What's the issue fellas? 
sly got stuck at work....kat lives in germany...and tang is a rookie drafter who doesnt seem to be around - smokey has been posting his proxies in the ddl....he never mentioned anything to me about being away for awhile.....ill see if smokey knows whats up with him
5/7/2013 2:41 PM (edited)
btw...this is a huge drop for someone i consider a top 5 pick....someone will be getting a gift
5/7/2013 2:43 PM
agreed dh, had that guy in my top-5 as well, vance's Moses pick was the other besides the Admiral that were not top-5 on my board. Hard to believe this guy has dropped this far.
5/7/2013 2:54 PM
I tried the "gift" before in this league and waited until round 6 for the complimentary bigs to make it work and got burned. But I agree getting him at 11 is a total steal. I don't see David Robinson as a top 5 pick either. Is Moses that bad in the $52 million draft leagues? I figured that it would be a lot easier to build around him than gamble on who who be left as complimentary players later on to go with Rodman. Is Dwight Howard considered better than Moses right now for this league? Moses' 4 usage points aren't ideal but at 42 MPG and the fact that he makes his free throws is still very attractive to me at least.
5/7/2013 5:01 PM
tang still hasn't opened the sm I sent him yesterday.
5/7/2013 5:45 PM
Posted by slymonium on 5/7/2013 5:45:00 PM (view original):
Are we sure that tang isn't really an alias for smokey?
5/7/2013 5:53 PM
I'm looking forward to putting together a squad with Howard.  Leaves me a few options for my 2nd & 3rd round picks.  Right now, I'm leaning toward using the 10-11 season, but haven't settled on that yet.  I like the Tier 2 usage at 59.3 efg%, the 12+ orb%, and the 90 D.  We'll see how the draft shakes out before it gets back around to me.
5/7/2013 5:53 PM
Posted by natenoy on 5/7/2013 5:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by slymonium on 5/7/2013 5:45:00 PM (view original):
Are we sure that tang isn't really an alias for smokey?
The jury is still out...
5/7/2013 6:02 PM
Vance, no doubt Moses is top-9 on my board and likely for most of us. The reason I personally had Howard above of him is the 90D and close to 60% efg that Howard brings in a 6-point usage guy. But the trade-off with Moses is crazy orb% from Moses and a lot more minutes.With Moses it's easier to grab a big later that plays fewer minutes or has a orb% in sub-10 range and with Howard you are left with more minutes to fill. For me there seems to be something magical in the sim about anything really close to a fg% of 60, guys near that number rarely seem to drop much and from what I've seen shoot slightly better in the sim, as long as you have enough ast% on the floor.
5/7/2013 6:06 PM
Tang has much better grammar than smokey.

ps - omg can't believe you-know-who hasn't gone.

5/7/2013 6:15 PM
Posted by ashamael on 5/7/2013 6:15:00 PM (view original):
Tang has much better grammar than smokey.

ps - omg can't believe you-know-who hasn't gone.

"Tang has much better grammar than smokey."  His grammar may be better, but some of the crazy things he says are comparable to that of smokey.  Oh and he calls me "Sla."  I think he said something about there not being a "y" in his alphabet?
5/7/2013 6:31 PM
alright...i dont know what tangs deal is...smokey says he hasnt heard from him in a few days either

apparently he was able to proxy his entire 12 man draft for the ddl but sending me a sitemail letting me know he might be out was too much for him or bernardo or any of his other personalities....hes out

vancem will run two teams...he had already requested to run two teams earlier and i dont wanna hold up the draft any longer searching for a new owner....his second team will be treated as a new owner and moved into a draft slot according to the rest of the slot selection list

5/7/2013 6:38 PM
Okay guys I have agreed to take a second team. I wasn't looking for middle pick but we don't have time to wait for another owner. dh555 has explained to me that it's only fair that badja move into tanguma's vacant spot and that I will pick after badja. I'm okay with that. dh555 please alter the draft slots so that they are vance1 for my first team and vance2 for my second team. When I make my picks I will post them for the correct team. Thanks.
5/7/2013 7:40 PM
you got it
5/7/2013 7:41 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...37 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League XL - Team Roster & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.