DH $52M Draft League XL - Team Roster & Commentary Topic

disapointed that my top 3 with 3 picks to go all went went in barkley, kareem, and malone i still like hakeems 100 def against a league were most of the top picks were big men
5/7/2013 9:46 PM
Posted by tanguma44 on 5/7/2013 9:20:00 PM (view original):
I think I am next!! Anyhow, I'll pick before midday tomorrow! I got one day off... and it's time to organize this lol
haha...awesome....youre a little late there buddy....i had to give your team away....its not a good idea to go mia on the first day of the draft.....you can see if vancem wont mind giving you your spot back...but you would have to keep barkley
5/7/2013 10:00 PM
I really don't want the second team. . . but letting tang back in and giving up Barkley in the process wouldn't make me happy. What planet is tanguma44 on anyway? I warned him in the $50 million each player less than $8 million league that he wasn't ready to run with the big boys in this league. I'll let commish dh555 decide how to handle this one. Does tang even know that the draft is taking place in the other forum LOL?
5/7/2013 10:01 PM
Not excited about Big Ben, but he gives me someone to guard 11 of the first 15 draft picks who'll also give me tremendous boards and foul very little.  I'm handcuffed into getting usage everywhere else now, however, or go into one of those high-volume scorer deals that I detest so thoroughly.
5/7/2013 10:48 PM
I guess "closer to 24" gives a bit more control since there is a greater chance of getting that 2nd pick to play off the 1st. Then again I would also guess that some typically early 1st rounders inevitably fall into the middle because owners want to experiment or just try something new. My impression was that the middle was less desirable, but maybe somewhere around 10-14  is not so bad after all.
5/7/2013 11:10 PM
Posted by tanguma44 on 5/7/2013 10:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by vancem on 5/7/2013 10:01:00 PM (view original):
I really don't want the second team. . . but letting tang back in and giving up Barkley in the process wouldn't make me happy. What planet is tanguma44 on anyway? I warned him in the $50 million each player less than $8 million league that he wasn't ready to run with the big boys in this league. I'll let commish dh555 decide how to handle this one. Does tang even know that the draft is taking place in the other forum LOL?
Boys, I just got rid of a manipulative controling bastard but if I was replaced haven't got the memo... anyhow Vancem there's always a next season anyways a strong warning to the "big boys" I saw the list of owners and there's not one who I can't look straight to the eye and tell him /her "Gl see you in another league"... got it Vancem!
I never understand half of what tang and his many personalities (nephews?) are saying lol
5/7/2013 11:14 PM
Posted by thomcat on 5/7/2013 11:10:00 PM (view original):
I guess "closer to 24" gives a bit more control since there is a greater chance of getting that 2nd pick to play off the 1st. Then again I would also guess that some typically early 1st rounders inevitably fall into the middle because owners want to experiment or just try something new. My impression was that the middle was less desirable, but maybe somewhere around 10-14  is not so bad after all.
closer to 24 gives you the advantage in round 6 with the double picks.

5/7/2013 11:16 PM
first to 2 first to 4 first to 7
5/7/2013 11:21 PM
Very helpful explanation. Thanks.
5/7/2013 11:39 PM
Tang I'm not going to go off on one of my infamous rants to get back at you. That's the old me. Just let me know if you still want to participate in this draft. If you do that's fine but you have to take Barkley as your first round pick. 
5/8/2013 12:33 AM
Posted by vancem on 5/8/2013 12:33:00 AM (view original):
Tang I'm not going to go off on one of my infamous rants to get back at you. That's the old me. Just let me know if you still want to participate in this draft. If you do that's fine but you have to take Barkley as your first round pick. 
Not to speak for Vance, but Tang also be aware that this league has a history of a very rapid pick pace. Many of us have a board and we know 5-6 picks before our turn what our A,B,C,D,E, and F options are when it gets to us. Most of us HATE roadblocks, i.e, guys that kill the clock on us. Once we are on the clock it is less of an issue, but last draft we outpaced the clock the entire draft. I'm sure none of us have an issue with you taking your team back, but we all prefer that you don't become a roadblock in a future round(s).
5/8/2013 1:16 AM
when do we go on the clock?
5/8/2013 11:16 AM
Tang is back in and is looking to trade Barkley. 
5/8/2013 1:02 PM
Posted by felonius on 5/7/2013 11:21:00 PM (view original):
first to 2 first to 4 first to 7
also I just like to get it out of the way this minimizes the amount of time I have to spend following the draft

andI  find it is easier to think in terms of team architecture when I can fit pieces together two at a time (that's why some people do 'closest to either end' as an option I suppose)
5/8/2013 1:10 PM
Ha - thanks to my trade I'm the first to 7 now. Don't mind trading back, I generally like the board from 30-40 pretty well. I do think I could have gotten more value out of logain (maybe a 3rd instead of a 4th), but I had already held things up so didn't feel like negotiating ;)

Also, felonius, looks like someone will be giving an assist-heavy squad a try again; Magic and Paul together should be interesting.

5/8/2013 3:01 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...37 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League XL - Team Roster & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.