DH $52M Draft League XL - Team Roster & Commentary Topic

btw...possible trade happening between me and ash....
5/9/2013 4:37 PM
With 8 picks to go before me there were exactly 7 players I'd be very happy to get. Down goes Mutumbo, so now its 6 guys left and I'm pick #7. Hoping at least one of you go in a different direction than my board.
5/9/2013 6:38 PM
Dh, the more I look at it the more I believe the engine REALLY looks at RL poss/min of the guys on the floor and NOT usage% when deciding who gets the ball. The difference is the tempo that the RL NBA team played. I've seen many a time when I have 2 guys on separate usage tiers, but the lower guy ends up with more possessions in the sim because his poss/min rate was actually higher than the guy in the other tier. My OL Wilt is still at like 27ppg and shooting like 72%, while my 12-13 LeBron is at 33ppg and an efg in the high 60's. The usage% between the two is over 11 points, but the poss/min is much closer, and since Wilt is always no worse than my 3rd highest poss/min and usage% guy he is taking FAR more shots (and hitting them) than your run of the mill 18.5 usage guy.
5/9/2013 6:50 PM
I dont have my eyes on any PG as of yet - havent really thought about what I need - could do big small again or get my 4/5 sewn up or take a 3 if one of the right guys is available so it's news to me that there is such a pick out there mr tang
5/9/2013 7:43 PM
In the spirit of my friend natenoy taking vancem's gift card in the last league I'm going to go ahead and throw out an offer for anyone interested. I say my team finishes with a better record than yours and we can put a $10 gift card on it. This way it will actually make me try to make a good team instead of playing around with different combos. The offer is open to anyone, including my daughter. 
5/9/2013 8:12 PM
You know what 98average it would almost be worth paying you the $10 to see how good of team you would be able to build if you really did your best. I know that you have been playing around in this league for the last 2 or 3 years. Also allow me to apologize for being such a hater and for being so rude to you in the past. I consider myself to be friends with ash and it gets under my skin when you get so abusive towards him.
5/9/2013 8:29 PM
98 I'll take your bet. Vance I'm also willing to renew our bet as well, cool with the same terms as last time or a straight-up GC for GC.
5/9/2013 9:23 PM
sucks having to wait 45 picks to get a big man but i think stockton is worth it for what i wanna do.....which is basically just trying to unleash durants 12-13 season on the league...hoping for at least 32 a game with that sweet 50/40/90 line....he gets 30 pretty easily with the 11-12 season...12-13 has lower usage but with the improved shooting and stockton dishing it to him i think he can get 32...ftap48 is up from last year too
5/9/2013 9:54 PM
dh I believe my high usage guy in the ODL has benefited to a more than moderate degree from Stockton's presence. Will share some of the numbers and my analysis once he gets drafted here. Maybe some of it is the uptempo factor but my guy has seen a 20.4% increase in 3pa per minute and an amazing 36.2% increase in 3 pointers made per minute. 
5/9/2013 10:36 PM
Thinking that at least one guy likely to make the All NBA 1st or 2nd def team in the next few weeks has a D rating that could go up by upwards of 20 points. Will be interesting to see when WIS makes the changes, just hope we don't have an owner stall on us so he can get the D bump, btw dh Durant may be inline for a bump from that 78 as well.
5/9/2013 10:46 PM
Posted by felonius on 5/9/2013 7:43:00 PM (view original):
I dont have my eyes on any PG as of yet - havent really thought about what I need - could do big small again or get my 4/5 sewn up or take a 3 if one of the right guys is available so it's news to me that there is such a pick out there mr tang
sure, You don't have your eyes just your habits :(
5/9/2013 11:22 PM
Posted by 98average on 5/9/2013 8:12:00 PM (view original):
In the spirit of my friend natenoy taking vancem's gift card in the last league I'm going to go ahead and throw out an offer for anyone interested. I say my team finishes with a better record than yours and we can put a $10 gift card on it. This way it will actually make me try to make a good team instead of playing around with different combos. The offer is open to anyone, including my daughter. 
if you're in my division sounds fair to me but if you're not then I am not interested....
5/9/2013 11:24 PM
Your on Nate. I beat you last time without even trying. I shudder to think what might happen this time. Start saving in the piggybank, it might be over by the all star break.

I guarantee one thing, this team will be a championship contender. Now everyone gets to see the 98 that won all those Championships...
5/10/2013 1:07 AM
Posted by 98average on 5/10/2013 1:07:00 AM (view original):
Your on Nate. I beat you last time without even trying. I shudder to think what might happen this time. Start saving in the piggybank, it might be over by the all star break.

I guarantee one thing, this team will be a championship contender. Now everyone gets to see the 98 that won all those Championships...
yay, that's the way to go about business say Sla, Dh, Felon, Taarheel who just ignore my challenge... and 98 if you're in my division I take your bet...
5/10/2013 7:15 AM
Posted by 98average on 5/10/2013 1:07:00 AM (view original):

also, I would love to see how Nate respond/react lol
5/10/2013 7:16 AM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...37 Next ▸
DH $52M Draft League XL - Team Roster & Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.