Which guy should close? Topic

db, you've been after Garland for 15 years!
6/3/2013 2:03 PM
I'm also in the closers are vastly overrated camp, but I've found the role does work well for this guy:

www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx

His durability is so low, he can't pitch that many innings anyway.  I had him as a Setup A, along with a couple other guys, for a long time, until last season.  At most he's lost only 6-7 innings.  He can't pitch more than 50 or so innings anyway because his durability sucks so bad.  And I have to admit it was kind of fun watching him rack up saves.  Also, even with the durability problem aside, he's not my best relief pitcher, so I don't feel like he's being wasted by not coming into nonsave situations where you want your best guy on the mound.  He needs the non-save situations to recuperate -- poor guy.

So I think it can make sense once in a while.
6/4/2013 3:20 PM
Yeah. I see guys like that a lot. Very good ratings across the board except for DUR/STA, which can make them a liability at the ML level.
6/13/2013 7:57 PM
◂ Prev 12
Which guy should close? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.