Anybody watching Spurs/Heat game...thoughts? Topic

Posted by dahsdebater on 6/15/2013 12:31:00 AM (view original):
Apparently people in HD forum community don't realize yet how pointless it is to attempt to discuss anything with bistiza...  He's always right, you know.  In fact, he has said as much - you will never move him from his beliefs because he has thought them all through so clearly and logically.  Unfortunately he would fail any freshman logic course, because all he knows about logic are the names of 2 or 3 common logical fallacies which he (often incorrectly) tosses about on a regular basis to discredit anyone who disagrees with him.  Trust me, don't waste your time.

Though I will take 15 seconds to point out that I know plenty of NBA fans who have no issues with LeBron.  But they are not "NBA fans like (bistiza)."  So his statement isn't wrong.  Just limited.  Only NBA fans like him can't respect the fact that LeBron is, in fact, the best player this side of Jordan AND made a very LOGICAL decision about where to play.  Unfortunately bistiza is so bad at actual logic he'll never be able to wrap his deluded brain around that one.
+1
6/15/2013 7:16 PM
Posted by jsajsa on 6/14/2013 4:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bistiza on 6/14/2013 4:00:00 PM (view original):
I just don't follow your logic at all here.

My point is LeBron SHOULD have cared about the fans. He had more reason than most to care about them - it was as close to playing for the hometown team as he could get.

But LeBron is a piece of **** as a person, so it's not surprising he acted the way he did.
By all accounts, LeBron is one of the nicer guys in the league, absolutely never gets in trouble, and *gasp* is a superstar that plays for the benefit of the team and not for the benefit of padding his scoring numbers. If "LeBron is a piece of **** as a person," I'd hate to hear your opinion about every other player in the league. Regardless, it's posts like this where I'd say this has gone to far. You don't even know the guy and don't have the right to say what he should or should not do, let alone make negative statements about his personality. Please just let it go.
This was well said also.
6/15/2013 7:16 PM
Bistiza you've wished severe injury upon a basketball player multiple times in this thread. Grow up. He's a basketball player not a terrorist. He bothers me with his whining but is it that hard to believe that somebody wanted to experience living in a different location. I'm going to laugh my a#$ off when lebron comes back to cleveland in a year and some of you crazies change your tune.
6/17/2013 9:25 AM
Ok so you're not wishing it but you still are saying he deserves a devastating injury for leaving cleveland. That's still nuts and putting way too much importance into sports.
6/17/2013 10:10 AM
Under your logic, biz, should Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, and Carmelo Anthony all suffer career ending injuries as well for not being loyal and whining their way off their teams?
6/17/2013 10:20 AM
unless you live in the cleveland area you just dont understand. i have no problem with lebron wanting to leave cleveland and explore his options. its the way he left. he could have let dan gilbert (cavs owner) know that he wasnt going to resign with the cavs, and still had his "where am i going to sign" sideshow with the heat and the knicks and the nets... but the way he did it...he guaranteed that the cavs could not prepare for his departure by signing any free agents or making any trades. they even fired their coach and brought in byron scott because they thought that they had a chance to resign lebron. and as we all know now, lebron and wade and bosh had worked out their plans where they were going to sign almost a year before. the cavs learned about lebrons decision with a phone call from a member his posse, minutes before his espn special...thats how they found out. lebron didnt even have the guts to call the cavs himself with his decision. he made sure that no preparations could be made for his departure, therefore guaranteeing that the cavs would be horrible for a few seasons. you also have to attempt to understand the heartache that cleveland sports fans have been though in the last 50 years. the browns (even though im a steelers fan) had a couple of shots at the super bowl in the mid 80s...but "the drive" and "the fumble" derailed their chances...and then in the late 90s the team was moved away to baltimore. when they received a new team...it has since been riddled with terrible ownership, managment and coaching. the indians were horrible for a couple decades and then in the 90s they had the best team in the majors a few seasons...but world series losses to the braves and the marlins were crushing...including jose mesa's 9th inning game 7 blown save. and every good player that the indians develop decides to leave as a free agent or force the indians to trade them because they arent going to resign...manny ramirez, jim thome, bartolo colon, cc sabathia, cliff lee. and then there are the cavs...a decent run in the late 80s with price and daughtery and nance and co...but a guy named jordan was developing in chicago and knocked them out of the playoffs a couple times. and then they win the draft lottery...get the hometown guy lebron...become one of the elite teams in the nba...knock their rival pistons team out of the playoffs...lose in the finals to the spurs...post the best record in the nba for a couple of seasons...look like they are on the cusp of winning an nba title in the near future...and then lebron decides to leave. when you put it all in perspective...i cant fault cleveland fans at all for their disdain towards lebron. i dont wish him any ill will...but it sure is fun to root against him. go spurs!
6/17/2013 10:59 AM
Do you think LeBron is the best player in the NBA?
6/17/2013 11:02 AM
lebron is the best regular season player in the nba
6/17/2013 11:05 AM
Posted by andrew5975 on 6/17/2013 10:59:00 AM (view original):
unless you live in the cleveland area you just dont understand. i have no problem with lebron wanting to leave cleveland and explore his options. its the way he left. he could have let dan gilbert (cavs owner) know that he wasnt going to resign with the cavs, and still had his "where am i going to sign" sideshow with the heat and the knicks and the nets... but the way he did it...he guaranteed that the cavs could not prepare for his departure by signing any free agents or making any trades. they even fired their coach and brought in byron scott because they thought that they had a chance to resign lebron. and as we all know now, lebron and wade and bosh had worked out their plans where they were going to sign almost a year before. the cavs learned about lebrons decision with a phone call from a member his posse, minutes before his espn special...thats how they found out. lebron didnt even have the guts to call the cavs himself with his decision. he made sure that no preparations could be made for his departure, therefore guaranteeing that the cavs would be horrible for a few seasons. you also have to attempt to understand the heartache that cleveland sports fans have been though in the last 50 years. the browns (even though im a steelers fan) had a couple of shots at the super bowl in the mid 80s...but "the drive" and "the fumble" derailed their chances...and then in the late 90s the team was moved away to baltimore. when they received a new team...it has since been riddled with terrible ownership, managment and coaching. the indians were horrible for a couple decades and then in the 90s they had the best team in the majors a few seasons...but world series losses to the braves and the marlins were crushing...including jose mesa's 9th inning game 7 blown save. and every good player that the indians develop decides to leave as a free agent or force the indians to trade them because they arent going to resign...manny ramirez, jim thome, bartolo colon, cc sabathia, cliff lee. and then there are the cavs...a decent run in the late 80s with price and daughtery and nance and co...but a guy named jordan was developing in chicago and knocked them out of the playoffs a couple times. and then they win the draft lottery...get the hometown guy lebron...become one of the elite teams in the nba...knock their rival pistons team out of the playoffs...lose in the finals to the spurs...post the best record in the nba for a couple of seasons...look like they are on the cusp of winning an nba title in the near future...and then lebron decides to leave. when you put it all in perspective...i cant fault cleveland fans at all for their disdain towards lebron. i dont wish him any ill will...but it sure is fun to root against him. go spurs!
There's a huge difference between rooting against him (like you), which is completely normal, and saying he should have suffered a career ending injury. Bis makes me mad and I feel like I'm feeding the troll, but to say he should have his life ruined because he went to a different team is INSANE.
6/17/2013 11:06 AM
Lebron is the best player in the nba but he will never be better than MJ I'm out.
6/17/2013 11:09 AM
Okay, humor me- Why would karma dictate that he should suffer a career ending injury? And what's the difference between you deciding what karma should do and what you actually hope to happen?
6/17/2013 11:43 AM
I still don't understand the "hate" for Lebron leaving Cleveland. Here you have arguably biggest superstar in basketball yet he is in a contract year... Most teams that I have seen start new contract negotiations a year or two prior to the end of the contract for their special players depending on how they feel about them. Why was the contract allowed to expire? If there was an attempt to offer Lebron an extension and he didn't sign it then that's a clear sign that he may have wanted out or at least had a desire to explore his options. If there was never an offer for an extension then that's just bad management. If the offer was there and ignored then you have to be a business and prepare for the worst. Just my opinion here.

I can see the Cleveland fans being upset with Lebron because he was one of the greatest somebodies in sports to pretty much come through Cleveland. But at the same time the good ole' NBA has taken very good care to make sure the Cavs stay competitive with two 1st overall picks in the last 3 seasons (eventually they will be very good again)... And as far as Lebron's ability: come on guys this man shot 50% from the field in the post season last year and totally dominated. Everyone wants unquestioned loyalty from their star players but if Lebron did have that career ending injury he would certainly be an afterthought... some teams are loyal to players but most are NOT. It's a business... I know that's cliche but it is.
6/17/2013 1:17 PM
Where does being happy that Delonte banged his mom fall on the scale of rooting against him vs. wishing for a career ending injury?
6/17/2013 1:33 PM
Reddyred - I do agree with most of what you're saying, but I'm not sure you can compare having a local talent probably being the most talented (best is open for debate) player of all time and playing on your hometown team to a couple random #1 draft picks.  It's just not the same.

Personally, I hate him for tucking tail and running to his competitors.  But that puts me at a weird rooting conundrum. I don't want him lose to the Spurs, which would basically ensure he'd sign with them when his contract runs out.

P.S.  But I do like the assumption that the NBA is rigged.  Because it is.

6/17/2013 1:46 PM (edited)
You can drag this thread out forever and never get a more substantiated explanation for WHY karma dictates that LeBron deserves a career-ending injury.

However, if you get to page 20 or so you WILL get bistiza to tell you that he DID explain it, and you just need to go find it.  He's not going to repeat it for you.

This is also how we know that it's equally likely that the Earth is 4.5 billion or 10,000 years old.

6/17/2013 1:38 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...28 Next ▸
Anybody watching Spurs/Heat game...thoughts? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.