ODL Season XLIII Draft Topic

Posted by cmcafeeky on 6/23/2013 3:09:00 PM (view original):

First-
I'm not really sure why I can not have sly's extra locked/xclusive player slot...
he wanted to trade up ...

Second-
I'm not sure why or how this is unfair to the rest of the league - there is still the same total number of LOCKED players....
just that sly has one less
why should I be penalized ?

Third - Its not really a big deal - I will do what's best for the overall league going forward -
in spite of what looks to be to my disadvantage-

last - I do not have anyone locked from sending me emails
- (I don't know how - and have no reason to) Ill look into unlocking any one who may be locked
You will have the rights to 8 players whereas the rest of the league gets 7.

Doesn't seem like a big deal, but imagine what this creates in future leagues.  A team could end up with three first rounders and a second while they trade out the rest of their picks is the first thing that comes to mind.  So someone can have Wilt, Wallace, Magic, and Allen with 8 non-exclusives....I would take that.  Allowing someone to have extra picks can create unbalanced leagues on either side.  This has to be done to protect against future abuses. 

How about the fact that the reserved players are typically better players, from a strategic point of view, thus giving an advantage in that regard.

No one is saying that you are trying to abuse the rules, but this helps protect against future problems with less ethical owners.
6/23/2013 3:21 PM
Posted by cmcafeeky on 6/23/2013 3:09:00 PM (view original):

First-
I'm not really sure why I can not have sly's extra locked/xclusive player slot...
he wanted to trade up ...

Second-
I'm not sure why or how this is unfair to the rest of the league - there is still the same total number of LOCKED players....
just that sly has one less
why should I be penalized ?

Third - Its not really a big deal - I will do what's best for the overall league going forward -
in spite of what looks to be to my disadvantage-

last - I do not have anyone locked from sending me emails
- (I don't know how - and have no reason to) Ill look into unlocking any one who may be locked
If you don't like the result of the trade you have an opportunity to rescind it and it will be nullified.
The league rules state 7 exclusive players per team.  Having 8 exclusive players is too many.
I have 2 options either the trade is amended or nullified.  
6/23/2013 3:24 PM
3) Must start 5 of your 7 picks.

You have to have 7 picks and only 7 picks.  It's intuitively obvious.  It has been that way for 43 seasons and the rule has never been spelled out because of how obvious it is.  Even rule 4 backs that up (1 player per round in first five rounds, 2 players in round 6).  Everyone gets 7 and only 7 picks.  End of story.  If a trade results in an uneven number of picks being exchanged, that trade has to be invalid.  If I want three picks from you, I have to give you back three picks.

also:  If you don't know why a rule is in place, don't comment on why it's in place.  coley made this league and glen continued it, and now seapilots has taken up the reigns to keep it going.  Malone, felon & I (at least) have played this league off & on for at least 5 calendar years (myself 5, more for the other two).  We've come across almost every issue possible, so if one of us has some insight, that's one thing.  If someone has only played a season or two (*cough* smokey *cough*), don't open your mouth.  And sky, I respect you sticking up for your boy (which IS what you're doing, don't deny it), he needs to shut his mouth.  Not only is he often very wrong, he misleads potential new owners by speaking so matter of factly about things he is flat wrong about.  That helps nobody.

This thread is not for discussing these things.  This thread is for drafting only.  It's extremely hard to keep up with who has been drafted in between 1st-page-edits when there's a bunch of bullshit discussion like this going on.  Got an issue with me?  Post it somewhere else.  Don't clutter up this thread anymore.

kkthx
6/23/2013 4:19 PM
my response to the last two pages is "LOL"
6/23/2013 5:17 PM
Standard Ashole Rethoric...blah-blah...blah.
6/23/2013 6:20 PM
so who is up etc.
6/23/2013 6:44 PM
looks like everything is cool now

seapilots has everything fixed and organized on page 1

iccoachb is up

6/23/2013 6:46 PM
97. 98average - Clifford Ray
  98. (jhsukow) -  felonius - Anthony Mason
(mikee1) (natenoy) seapilots - Charles Oakley
100. skypilot - Mike Conley
101. slymonium (via cmcafeeky) - Jose Calderon
102. ashamael - Brandon Rush
103. dh555 ( via natenoy from seapilots)- Walt Frazier
104. smokey57 - George Gervin
105. malone9975 (via banditone) - Kevin Willis
106. eleibowitz - (via tarheel1991) - Swen Nater
107. krishnaman - Samuel Dalembert
108. mikee1 (via natenoy) - Andre Drummond

Mon. 6\24

109. -
 tanguma44 (via slymonium) - Terrell Brandon
110. steelers821 - Ed Davis
111 cmcafeeky (via slymonium from tanguma44) - Vashon Lenard
112. iccoachb - 1 p.m.
113. badja - 2 p.m.
114. banditone (via malone9975) - 3 p.m.
115. theyard2 - 4 p.m.
116. jhsukow (via felonius) - 5 p.m.
. tarheel1991 (via eleibowitz) - 6 p.m.
118. coachcroft - 7 p.m.
119. vancem - 8 p.m.
120. natenoy (via dh555) - 9 p.m.
6/23/2013 6:47 PM
hey how come i didnt invited to the christmas party?
6/23/2013 6:47 PM

keeping the draft moving is the priority.   The trade can't be 2 for 1.
Since cmac has made his pick at #111 I'm  going honor it and upgrade
the trade.  Slymonium  will receive cmcafeeky's last 6th rd. #160 pick.
Hooray it's still draft day.
draft board will be changed using all black text.
iccoachb is up and I'll sm.

6/23/2013 7:43 PM (edited)
Idiot can't even follow a civil request... sming you, seapilot.
6/23/2013 7:32 PM
Brian Grant PF
6/23/2013 9:04 PM
blake griffin cant smail
6/23/2013 9:05 PM
Posted by ashamael on 6/23/2013 7:32:00 PM (view original):
Idiot can't even follow a civil request... sming you, seapilot.
who's the 'idiot' ?
6/23/2013 9:09 PM
Paul Silas
6/23/2013 9:24 PM
◂ Prev 1...25|26|27|28|29...33 Next ▸
ODL Season XLIII Draft Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.