All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Hope you complainers are happy.
6/19/2013 11:35 AM
Any player's attributes are always being modified by tech, fatigue (stamina), game IQ, athl, the game plan, GI, for each play. If on a certain play a lessor player hits a combo of improved comp #'s due to these and a better player hits a lower set of comp #'s then the lesser player may make a big play. BUT on any one, individual play if these comp #'s are 10%+ higher for one player the other player was just outmatched and should lose. What I hear you saying Coach Billy Deen - is that regardless of the difference in values between the two players, the lesser player should always have a chance to make up that talent difference just - oh well - just because? So to carry this further, any 500 rated team should be able to knock off a 650 rated team - just because it possibly could happen in real life? And any coach  with an average team should win a NC just because it COULD happen? So no matter how well I recruit and manage my team, there should always be the chance that any other lesser coached team could knock me off just beacuse? Let's just give every team a NC every year and make it so no one wins more than anyone else. If I can't beat someone every game with my better players and better team - why play the game?
6/19/2013 11:44 AM
Posted by katzphang88 on 6/19/2013 11:35:00 AM (view original):
Any player's attributes are always being modified by tech, fatigue (stamina), game IQ, athl, the game plan, GI, for each play. If on a certain play a lessor player hits a combo of improved comp #'s due to these and a better player hits a lower set of comp #'s then the lesser player may make a big play. BUT on any one, individual play if these comp #'s are 10%+ higher for one player the other player was just outmatched and should lose. What I hear you saying Coach Billy Deen - is that regardless of the difference in values between the two players, the lesser player should always have a chance to make up that talent difference just - oh well - just because? So to carry this further, any 500 rated team should be able to knock off a 650 rated team - just because it possibly could happen in real life? And any coach  with an average team should win a NC just because it COULD happen? So no matter how well I recruit and manage my team, there should always be the chance that any other lesser coached team could knock me off just beacuse? Let's just give every team a NC every year and make it so no one wins more than anyone else. If I can't beat someone every game with my better players and better team - why play the game?
Letting everyone have a chance to win is exactly why 2.0 emptied the worlds.
6/19/2013 12:08 PM
Players making bad plays from time to time and having bad games from time to time for no reason a coach can control has been a huge disaster of 2.0.

My Florida team was 12-0 and on its way to an NC shot when it played a greatly under matched 5-7 Vanderbilt team. The other coach put a default GP in just so he would lessen his chances of derailing me. The result was the bad game that we have been told must occur to keep everything fair so that everyone has a chance to win.

No this shouldn't be in the game. When you get your talent built up then you should have a shot at beating #1 with proper GPing and putting your players in the right places.

We as coaches have been saddled with this bad play/game long enough which we have had zero control over to offset.

6/19/2013 3:40 PM
Posted by jibe on 6/19/2013 12:08:00 PM (view original):
Players making bad plays from time to time and having bad games from time to time for no reason a coach can control has been a huge disaster of 2.0.

My Florida team was 12-0 and on its way to an NC shot when it played a greatly under matched 5-7 Vanderbilt team. The other coach put a default GP in just so he would lessen his chances of derailing me. The result was the bad game that we have been told must occur to keep everything fair so that everyone has a chance to win.

No this shouldn't be in the game. When you get your talent built up then you should have a shot at beating #1 with proper GPing and putting your players in the right places.

We as coaches have been saddled with this bad play/game long enough which we have had zero control over to offset.

So your opponent tried to throw the game, you knew about it, and you're complaining that your combined efforts to cheat failed? Yeah, how awful.
6/19/2013 4:15 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 6/19/2013 3:40:00 PM (view original):

So your opponent tried to throw the game, you knew about it, and you're complaining that your combined efforts to cheat failed? Yeah, how awful.
How ******* stupid are you? I guess your comment shows just how ******* stupid you are.

Where in my post did I say I knew of his default GP before the fact?

6/19/2013 4:15 PM
I've tested games against myself where I've won/lost by 30+ points.  Same team, same gameplans, same personnel, 30+ points of variability.  

But hey, at least everyone has a chance to win every game and we all get a participation medal.   
6/19/2013 4:23 PM
Posted by jibe on 6/19/2013 4:15:00 PM (view original):

How ******* stupid are you? I guess your comment shows just how ******* stupid you are.

To be fair, I read your note as if you were aware ahead of the fact.  And whether you knew or not, your opponents deliberate attempt to lose a game is unethical.

6/19/2013 6:22 PM
His opponent was unethical, not him, but only if he was deliberately trying to throw the game. I have used default game plan from time to time to throw off other coaches, and to good effect.
6/19/2013 7:55 PM
Posted by badaxe on 6/19/2013 6:22:00 PM (view original):
His opponent was unethical, not him, but only if he was deliberately trying to throw the game. I have used default game plan from time to time to throw off other coaches, and to good effect.
As I said, it was the opponent who was being unethical.  And based on this comment (emphasis mine) it was certainly presented as being deliberate.
 The other coach put a default GP in just so he would lessen his chances of derailing me. 

6/20/2013 7:46 AM

ban this man
6/20/2013 7:54 AM

I blocked him awhile back.

Anyhow, I have not been playing the beta and I do not have plans to. I'm only playing HD at the moment, and as much as I love the GD community, I won't be picking up a team (except MAYBE Army if I am qualified. Maybe) before the beta ends and the new engine is rolled out. Being on the outside I can take in everyone's opinions without skewing them to my personal feelings.

I've been around for two years- not that long, but I've been loud and active. People know me. Even if I don't know them. I feel like it is important for forum users and the best of the best to try and be constructive and not doom and gloom all the time, for the health of the game.

I'm going to stop before I start rambling.
6/20/2013 10:40 AM
Posted by caesari on 6/20/2013 7:54:00 AM (view original):

I blocked him awhile back.

Anyhow, I have not been playing the beta and I do not have plans to. I'm only playing HD at the moment, and as much as I love the GD community, I won't be picking up a team (except MAYBE Army if I am qualified. Maybe) before the beta ends and the new engine is rolled out. Being on the outside I can take in everyone's opinions without skewing them to my personal feelings.

I've been around for two years- not that long, but I've been loud and active. People know me. Even if I don't know them. I feel like it is important for forum users and the best of the best to try and be constructive and not doom and gloom all the time, for the health of the game.

I'm going to stop before I start rambling.
You're part of the reason I quit GD, caesari, so you can take pride in that.

Jibe, you could have just clarified instead of attacking me, but I see where you're coming from. I saw that you now know about it, and I see you're complaining in a public forum that an attempt to cheat for your benefit didn't work. But it's certainly possible you didn't know about it in advance.

However, it's still silly for you now to be complaining that your opponent's attempt to cheat failed. To clarify, you indicated your opponent tried to throw the game, which if true would be a clear violation of Fair Play. Here's the relevant section, read the fourth bullet.

Collusive transactions

Collusion includes any act that supports bad, deceitful or illegal behavior agreed upon by two or more users or attempted by a single user. Here are a few examples:

• Discussing the pursuit of a recruit with another coach, including who is pursuing him and money that might have been spent.
  • Sharing Future Stars Scouting (FSS) information between multiple teams
  • Scheduling a non-conference game against an alias team (i.e. team owned by same owner in a different conference and more than 1,000 miles away). Exhibition games are permitted in this situation, however.
  • Any clear throwing of a game (normally indicated by massive lineup changes or settings changes)
  • Attempting to persuade another user to participate in a collusive effort (only the initiator would be at fault unless agreed upon by other user)

6/20/2013 12:01 PM
I said that fatigue and injury settings would likely fix the too high score problem... I have not seen any change to fatigue. I think we fixed one variable without having the right constant. 
6/20/2013 1:10 PM
Not sure how fatigue would fix the scoring problem.... The defense will get fatigued as much as the offense??? Correct?

Well, being the defense attributes do nothing nor mean anything.... then maybe you are right.
6/20/2013 1:36 PM
If a wide receiver catches an 80 yard pass three times in which 50 of them is past defenders, its unlikely the defense will be as fatigued as the offense in the play irl. 
of 5
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Hope you complainers are happy.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.