Draft Projections/DITR Topic

Posted by a_ersberg on 7/1/2013 10:36:00 AM (view original):
Posted by usfbully on 6/30/2013 2:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by a_ersberg on 6/30/2013 1:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by blackkappy55 on 6/29/2013 11:26:00 AM (view original):
Are there ever any DITR that can are ML caliber?   
Absolutely . Had a ditr Cy Young winner, in fact.
Link?
Quite possibly my favorite HBD player ever

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Tim Hudek

No ****. That year is an absolute fluke though. He has a career 3.75 era even with that year factored in, take that out I bet it is above 4.0

But still, easily the best DiTR I have seen to date.
7/1/2013 4:50 PM
Posted by headpirate on 7/1/2013 3:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jasonkent25 on 7/1/2013 3:03:00 PM (view original):
So i am guessing that pitch rating is a little more important than vsl and vsr?
You probably want to read this thread: http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=468414&TopicsTimeframe=30 at the conclusion of which, you will still have many questions. There are many theories on that:

1. Control before anything else,
2. VSR/VSL before anything else,
3. Extraordinary Control + Extraordinary P quality + Extraordinary GB compensates for poor VSR/VSL
4. and the best that I have read, Pitchers are hard, all the ratings work in combination
I think some ratings are dynamically connected, but not all of them. Maybe they are all connected, no one really knows for sure.

A guy with 90 splits and decent control doesn't need to have very good pitches to be a good pitcher. 
A guy with 50 splits who has great control & pitches can be a good pitcher.
A guy with poor control can be effective if he has a solid gb/fb and like 3 really good pitches, provided his splits are decent enough.

I am really only concerned with gb/fb if the guy's control is bad, where two BB can quickly turn into a three run homer.

Any rating above 90 seems to REALLY help a great deal.

7/2/2013 12:49 AM
◂ Prev 12
Draft Projections/DITR Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.