Not every team I've taken was a S1 team.    My one season with a payroll less than 60m was S6.   No BL talent at all on that team.  Won 75.  Didn't decrease payroll the next season either. 
7/3/2013 1:29 PM
I like the "you must be an astronaut or have a PHD" rule.
7/3/2013 3:01 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/3/2013 1:29:00 PM (view original):
Not every team I've taken was a S1 team.    My one season with a payroll less than 60m was S6.   No BL talent at all on that team.  Won 75.  Didn't decrease payroll the next season either. 
The point that I was making MikeT was that my first experience with HBD was with a team that was  heavily mismanaged.  It had holes everywhere, very few seemingly viable prospects, 3 usable ML players the rest of them were pretty much garbage.  And ofcourse I was taking a new team without the "advantage" of replacing so I had to start with 14s across the board so I wasnt drafting anybody special that first year even though I had the #2 overall.  It took some time to turn that franchise around.  Whereas you having a year 1 team (or 2?) had the benefit of starting off with what everybody else had (or at least close to it)  It seems obvious to me that your ability to win faster would be expected given the circumstances. 

I know you dont much like me MikeT, but I would have loved to have been in that TWC because I honestly wanted to see how my skills would have stacked up against yours.  Im pretty certain you would be ahead, but Im wondering how much?
7/3/2013 4:27 PM
While I doubt you'd have paid up, which would have been somewhat important, I'll probably do it again when this world is done.   Pay attention this time next year.   Your mad tanking skilz might give you an advantage.     I started trying to win in my 3rd season when the record didn't really count until the 5th.   I couldn't take "lose now, win later" as a legit strategy. 
7/3/2013 4:42 PM
He tanked those first three seasons.  I tanked my first two.  You know it, I know it, he knows it.  I believe him when he says it won't happen again, so I'm ok with it.  I think what has happened is that both of us gained experience, and came to the realization that shenanigans aren't good for the long-term health of the world you are in, so we both have been good citizens since (at least in Yaz).
7/3/2013 5:17 PM
Posted by greeny9 on 7/3/2013 12:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shobob on 7/3/2013 10:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/3/2013 8:42:00 AM (view original):
When was that rule put in place?   Looks like the Ottawa franchise benefitted from it.   Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Juan Polanco
Looks like you need to work on your reading comprehension.   He proposed the rule and we all slapped it down like the POS idea that it is.
Actually it wasnt slapped down like a POS, it was discussed and 4 other owners thought it was a good idea, nobody said they didnt like it Shobob.  
My apologies.  I looked up the discussion, and you are right.
7/3/2013 5:24 PM
Posted by shobob on 7/3/2013 5:17:00 PM (view original):
He tanked those first three seasons.  I tanked my first two.  You know it, I know it, he knows it.  I believe him when he says it won't happen again, so I'm ok with it.  I think what has happened is that both of us gained experience, and came to the realization that shenanigans aren't good for the long-term health of the world you are in, so we both have been good citizens since (at least in Yaz).
Well, at least one of you admits it.  
7/3/2013 5:58 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/3/2013 4:42:00 PM (view original):
While I doubt you'd have paid up, which would have been somewhat important, I'll probably do it again when this world is done.   Pay attention this time next year.   Your mad tanking skilz might give you an advantage.     I started trying to win in my 3rd season when the record didn't really count until the 5th.   I couldn't take "lose now, win later" as a legit strategy. 
You doubt I would have paid up eh.  You seem to think you know everything about everybody you meet on the innerweb dont you?  What is that, some sort of magical skill you have there?  Id love to have that too.  Well lets see if Ive got you figured out.  Your a pompous know it all conservative red neck with the biggest ego in the world that believes knows that if anybody disagrees with him they are a fool who doesnt know Jack.  Sound about right?  I stopped believing I knew everything when I left my teenage years.  Apparently you havent grown past that MikeT.  And, yes, if and when TWC2 happens, count me in, its a win win situation for me, if I dont win it will be exactly as I expected, and I wont feel bad about it, but if I win it means I beat you, which would be a nice cherry on top.  Either way I am not losing sleep over it.  It is an internet game after all.
7/3/2013 7:27 PM
That's an awful lot of writing for someone that isn't losing sleep.
7/3/2013 8:31 PM
Should I even bother to read it?  Or is it "I'm a stand-up guy.  You don't know me!!!"?
7/3/2013 8:42 PM
I am a stand up guy, and you don't know me! Lol
7/3/2013 11:28 PM
◂ Prev 123

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.